Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pistons still the Best Starting Lineup? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5029)

HALLandOATES 07-13-2006 08:35 AM

Pistons still the Best Starting Lineup?

Well they still have 4 maybe all-stars on there team and I don't think any other team can claim that . So do the Heat and Mavs , Spurs ,Suns or even Bulls now have better starting lineups since Big Ben is gone ? I interested in what others have to say.

ZHAKIDD532 07-13-2006 08:51 AM

Once the season starts they won't. The Bulls might be better, the Suns could, and so could the Mavs. And there are other teams with possibly 4 All-Stars in their lineup. Miami has enough guys that it could happen, the Clippers could conceivably do it, the Nets, so no they don't...

Snoopy 07-13-2006 08:57 AM

who from the nets would be the 4th all star? krstic? had jefferson ever made the all star team? miami has wade & shaq thats it, the clippers have brand, no one else from that team makes the all stars this season guaranteed, the suns maybe with nash, marion, stoudemire and diaw but i cant see any other teams

Kemosabe 07-13-2006 09:04 AM

I think the Suns with Nash, Marion, Diaw and Amare (my only doubt) can provide 4 all stars. The Pistons had 4 all stars last year but the coach was Flip Saunders that is the main explanation.

ZHAKIDD532 07-13-2006 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy
who from the nets would be the 4th all star? krstic? had jefferson ever made the all star team? miami has wade & shaq thats it, the clippers have brand, no one else from that team makes the all stars this season guaranteed, the suns maybe with nash, marion, stoudemire and diaw but i cant see any other teams

well the pistons only have 3 allstars, and when he kept saying they had 4 allstars, that mean 4 potential allstars for the upcoming season, kidd, carter, jefferson, krstic. The Heat have enough good players that someone can have a breakout year or have a really good year like Walker or Williams to make the team, Brand is an allstar, Cassell is a former allstar, meaning he at least has a shot imo, shaun livingston will break out any day now, and kaman can make the team just since he's an above average center, plus if maggete stays you never know

chains5000 07-13-2006 09:35 AM

No pistons player will make the All Star game this year
Book it

HALLandOATES 07-13-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Book it
Stop saying book it in generally please it means nothing and just gets annoying ...book that

mavsfan4zindagi 07-13-2006 12:14 PM

The Suns will easily have the best starting lineup once the season starts.

C-Amare
PF-Diaw
SF-Marion
SG-Bell
PG-Nash

No one comes close to that.

NBAfan32 07-13-2006 01:12 PM

Bulls, Heat and the Suns are my candidates for best starting lineup. Pistons dont have the best 5 in the league anymore.

Juvenile 07-13-2006 01:27 PM

I'd be surprised if Sheed, Prince or Rip make the AllStar team this year, even Billups.

Wade, Iverson, Redd, Marbury, Carter, Kidd, Arenas, J Johnsen will probably make it over the Pistons guards, and if they play like last year, they should.

Bron, Bosh, DHoward, Jefferson, Pierce, J O'neal, Webber will all make it over the Pistons forwards. Rasheed and Tay are both extremely good role players, nothing more.

Bulls_Fan20 07-13-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000
No pistons player will make the All Star game this year
Book it

I think they will have just one: Chauncey Billups. He is the best PURE point guard in the East. No way he won't get voted in. He climbed the barrier last year, and should be a lock to get in again, barring injury.

Hamilton? Not this year. Rasheed? Hell no.

HoosierDaddy13 07-13-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
The Suns will easily have the best starting lineup once the season starts.

C-Amare
PF-Diaw
SF-Marion
SG-Bell
PG-Nash

No one comes close to that.

Don't you watch ESPN??? The rest are all bums, but thanks to Nash they are all superstars.

***Disclaimer*** No, I am not a Nets fan.
Personally I think the Nets' 1 through 5 is among the best if not the best. Suns and Mavs are close behind them. Followed by Spurs then Pistons.

XxNeXuSxX 07-13-2006 02:24 PM

Net's 4 and 5 are weak.

No, I'm not sold on Kristic at all.

So you meant to say, net's 1-3 is among the best if not the best.

DoubleTech 07-13-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I think they will have just one: Chauncey Billups. He is the best PURE point guard in the East. No way he won't get voted in. He climbed the barrier last year, and should be a lock to get in again, barring injury.

ummm, Jason Kidd is the best PURE point guard in the East.... how can you call someone a PURE point guard when their nickname is "Mr. Bigshot"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

lebron_zoom 07-13-2006 02:53 PM

The Mavs most definately will have a better lineup and the Suns will as well with Amare back Pistons might be in the top 5 though