Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Eddie Jones? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51768)

DirtyB41 08-03-2007 11:23 PM

Eddie Jones?
 
I like the signing if we can trade George or Buckner. He is a slight upgrade over both of them. If not, then we have an insane logjam at the swingman spots. But we did get him for very cheap, and we still have our full midlevel exception, so I'm okay with it.

I wonder who we'll go after with our midlevel......

soog 08-04-2007 05:34 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
there has to be a trade after this, we have too many guys and i dont think that we are going to let 3 guys go for nothing.

Silent Mav 08-04-2007 11:49 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Just as long as Buckner is one of those gone by any means necessary. And for the price I don't mind Eddie at all. He put up some decent numbers starting while Wade was out last year.

mateo31 08-04-2007 12:48 PM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
He can hit the long ball and he is a solid defender, so overall a solid move. :rockon:

wally_world 08-05-2007 05:44 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
i feel Mavs shouldn't have re-signed Stack since they wanna sign EJ... they better start Stack/Harris/EJ and not Buckner/George since they have so many potential guards...

DirtyB41 08-05-2007 05:37 PM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
they better start Stack/Harris/EJ and not Buckner/George since they have so many potential guards...


Well that's definitely not going to happen. You must've forgotten Josh Howard was on this team.

truwarrior93 08-08-2007 12:10 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyB41
I like the signing if we can trade George or Buckner. He is a slight upgrade over both of them. If not, then we have an insane logjam at the swingman spots. But we did get him for very cheap, and we still have our full midlevel exception, so I'm okay with it.

I wonder who we'll go after with our midlevel......


they hopefully will pick up c-webb and trade some other players like buckner,damp etc. for jo.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...&te=&cash=11:6

that should be enough.

:pimp:

wally_world 08-09-2007 06:49 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyB41
Well that's definitely not going to happen. You must've forgotten Josh Howard was on this team.


there were slashes in between the names... i meant 2 out of 3... how can i forget my favourite player of the team? :D

BigAl 08-09-2007 11:43 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Stack is far superior to George. We just signed George so I think he is not going anywhere. I believe EJ's arrival means Buck will be gone. Especially with guys like Ager around.

gsxr1kryder 08-09-2007 03:29 PM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
I personally don't understand what direction we're going. dump all the young guys and go after guys that are considering retirement, or should be considering retirement.


this has got "one and done" written all over it.

elz 08-10-2007 04:57 PM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
I personally don't understand what direction we're going. dump all the young guys and go after guys that are considering retirement, or should be considering retirement.


this has got "one and done" written all over it.



Not really
their trying to get smarter play by adding seasoned vets

The nuggets are young and talented
but they don't play enough smart ball so they kill them selves every yr

BigAl 08-11-2007 07:01 PM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
I personally don't understand what direction we're going. dump all the young guys and go after guys that are considering retirement, or should be considering retirement.


this has got "one and done" written all over it.


What young guys are we dumping?

KrispyKreme0 08-12-2007 12:23 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
EJ can help out where Dirk can't. Good signing.

go_blue 08-13-2007 02:56 AM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrispyKreme0
EJ can help out where Dirk can't. Good signing.

Is that yer first post ever that has nothing to do with donuts?

gsxr1kryder 08-13-2007 03:28 PM

Re: Eddie Jones?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl
What young guys are we dumping?



well i guess what I had read was just someone rambling on and it actually isn't as bad as what I had thought.

i had read that dallas was trying to deal D.Harris. with the roster pretty much full, Pops is sure to be gone. we signed Eddie Jones, we have Stack and Terry, so that means Ager's playing time is almost non existent. so basically, other than Howard and Diop, most of the players are going to be fairly well seasoned players. almost no young guys.

just seems like Dallas is too eager to sign a bunch of old players.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy