Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   It's Official! They're Moving Guys... (Well at least catzhernandez says so) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61135)

catzhernandez 11-02-2007 03:54 PM

It's Official! They're Moving Guys... (Well at least catzhernandez says so)

Quote:

All I can say is WOW

Breaking News: Sonics Tell NBA They Will Move To Oklahoma City
November 2, 2007 - 2:34 pm
RealGM Staff Report -
Seattle SuperSonics & Storm Chairman Clayton I. Bennett made the following statement on Friday regarding the future of the franchise.

"We notified Commissioner Stern that we intend to relocate the Sonics to Oklahoma City if we succeed in the pending litigation with the City, or are able to negotiate an early lease termination, or at the end of the lease term.

"We have not made a decision regarding the future location of the Seattle Storm. We appreciate the deep local interest and support for the Storm and have begun to evaluate a future course of action for the team.

"Notwithstanding the uncertainty and difficulty of this challenging time, we remain completely committed to the success of our basketball teams. We will continue to provide our players, coaches and staff the tools and support they need to be competitive."

There it is

DMizzle 11-02-2007 05:27 PM

Re: It's Official! They're Moving Guys...

This Cant Happen To Me !

CAAIDN 11-02-2007 05:37 PM

That sucks for Seattle...

RainierBeachPoet 11-03-2007 12:43 AM

it still has to be battled out in the court

the sonics have a lease until 2010 and the mayor/council are finally growing some balls to stand up to bennett

we knew this announcement would be made after oct 31

marny_navis 11-04-2007 07:32 PM

Great this forum'll be dead-er. Everyone'll probably leave and we'll have a bunch of Oklahomans take over. RBP, if they leave and go to OK City, are you staying?

catzhernandez 11-20-2007 03:33 PM

Re: It's Official! They're Moving Guys... (Well at least catzhernandez says so)

i think they should move to Vancouver :cheers:

RainierBeachPoet 11-21-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Great this forum'll be dead-er. Everyone'll probably leave and we'll have a bunch of Oklahomans take over. RBP, if they leave and go to OK City, are you staying?

i am still pondering this question

probably wont know until we all go through it

RainierBeachPoet 11-21-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
i think they should move to Vancouver :cheers:

is that a suburb of okc?

MasterDurant24 11-21-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
is that a suburb of okc?

Its a city in Canada and OKC is closer to where I live so..:rockon:

marny_navis 11-21-2007 05:27 PM

It would suck major balls if the Sonics ended up moving up out of Seattle just for a few guys' business interests. Hopefully the Sonics find a way to stay.

$14.98 01-02-2008 12:51 AM

If they leave, they should not take the soul of the team.

By "soul" I mean:

the colors, the name (sonics), and the retired numbers! Those have to stay at the very least!

The Big Three 01-02-2008 01:03 AM

Good points, $14.98. If all they took from the old city to Oklahoma City was the current roster, coaching staff, and management, etc., then the "soul" would definitely be gone. They need to keep the above mentioned qualities of the Seattle Sonics.

$14.98 01-03-2008 04:45 AM

They *can* take the management, the players, and the current people involved. Those are replaceable.

But the retired jerseys, championship banners are part of the city of Seattle. O City can't have them! They must stay in Seattle!

MasterDurant24 01-04-2008 09:41 AM

If they move to OK City, they need to change their colors to like orange or something and get a new name.

RainierBeachPoet 01-14-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $14.98
They *can* take the management, the players, and the current people involved. Those are replaceable.

But the retired jerseys, championship banners are part of the city of Seattle. O City can't have them! They must stay in Seattle!

i volunteer my garage for them

or perhaps we could fly them on the ferry bainbridge

or from the fremont bridge so that the jumpers could be inspired before their moment

or in front of howard shultz's house as a reminder of how much of a &^%^%$&*&^*&%&^% he i for selling to a guy from OK