Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   why the hell are people still going out to games? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65594)

west_tip 12-04-2007 06:51 PM

why the hell are people still going out to games?

wtf?

youve got a rich guy whose ready to take the team out of your city and you guys continue to go out to games, whats that all about. if my team was owned by some speng like that i wouldnt give the bloke the steam off my piss let alone go to the arena and spend my money.

marny_navis 12-04-2007 07:26 PM

Re: why the hell are people still going out to games?

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_tip
wtf?

youve got a rich guy whose ready to take the team out of your city and you guys continue to go out to games, whats that all about. if my team was owned by some speng like that i wouldnt give the bloke the steam off my piss let alone go to the arena and spend my money.

There are two ways of approaching this: 1.) Support the team you love for the prescious few games you get to see them, or 2.) Screw the team and stay at home with a cold one.

And don't just automatically assume everyone here goes to the game. Alot of people here are probably just Durant fans. Don't come into a forum with this much testosterone and bash everyone for what you believe they routinely practice.

west_tip 12-04-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
There are two ways of approaching this: 1.) Support the team you love for the prescious few games you get to see them, or 2.) Screw the team and stay at home with a cold one.

And don't just automatically assume everyone here goes to the game. Alot of people here are probably just Durant fans. Don't come into a forum with this much testosterone and bash everyone for what you believe they routinely practice.

not bashing ANYONE fella im just saying that this owner is stiffing the city and the fans so why are people still going out to games?

if people are durant fans or sonics fans from other parts of the country it obviously dont apply to them, im talking about the people from washington still going.

marny_navis 12-04-2007 08:10 PM

Oh, well in that case watch for RBP; he's sure to reply.

RainierBeachPoet 12-04-2007 08:10 PM

i am a huge sonic fan for many years. but i havent gone to any games.

i still an cheering for them-- but it is very different this year compared to any other year

and i have been following them since 1973!!!!

Howard Schits 12-07-2007 01:16 AM

There are also many fans who go to the game cheer for the visiting team. such when Yao Ming came, there was a big chinese crowd in the key.

$14.98 01-05-2008 03:21 AM

And strangely a smaller Chinese crowd when Yi Jianlian and the Bucks were at the Key.

I have been going to 2 games so far this year. I plan to go to more. They may likely move so I have to take advantage of the little time the Sonics are still in Seattle.

insidehoops 01-06-2008 04:07 PM

Some fans are always going to go simply because it's fun to go to games, even if the team is leaving

Others will continue to be sonics fans forever

etc

DMizzle 01-10-2008 09:04 PM

I was raised to cheer for your hometown always. I havent been to a sonics game ever, but it doesnt sound like a bad idea to hang with some of your dudes and watch your hometown play. Its kinda rough being a sportsfan in seattle, we dont really have to many good teams.

Howard Schits 01-12-2008 10:22 PM

I went to last night game against the Mavs. What a freaking disappointment! Delonte West is a selfish player! Didn't care if the team win. All he cares is his numbers so that he can get a bigger contract next year. Fugger!

RainierBeachPoet 01-14-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Some fans are always going to go simply because it's fun to go to games, even if the team is leaving

Others will continue to be sonics fans forever

etc

i havent figured out if i will remain a sonic fan if they leave or not...:confusedshrug: