Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The New Detroit Pistons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7783)

DetroitHo0pS 08-08-2006 03:13 AM

The New Detroit Pistons

Even though were not gonna be that new, how do you all think were gonna do this upcoming year. Its gonna show whether or not Ben Wallace was really as important as everyone said he was. I feel we missed our shot at the title this last year, man we messed up bad. So what do u all think is gonna happen this year ? I think we will do decent without Ben.

Rapsfan4life 08-08-2006 12:12 PM

Detroit will pick up the slack and win at least 50 this season.

DeuceWallaces 08-08-2006 06:20 PM

If Dyess stays healthy I say we win 57.

wally_world 08-09-2006 03:23 AM

Dice is old... and his injury is really bothering him... what he can do is keep knocking down those mid-range jumpshots...

someone that really needs to pick up the slack is Tayshaun Prince... i'm expecting alot from him since Big Ben is gone...

Sheed too has to improve... terrible playoffs...

Aussie Dunker 08-09-2006 10:39 AM

yerrr i have a feeling sheed is gonna play huge this year, like, be as dominant as what he should be, lets hope im rite ay...

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 02:04 PM

With this new Pistons team they have no defense. Big Ben was the Defense.

DeuceWallaces 08-09-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
Dice is old... and his injury is really bothering him... what he can do is keep knocking down those mid-range jumpshots...

someone that really needs to pick up the slack is Tayshaun Prince... i'm expecting alot from him since Big Ben is gone...

Sheed too has to improve... terrible playoffs...

Dyess is not that old, and his past injury isn't bothering him, in fact he's hardly missed any time since we signed him.

Sheed had one of his best seasons ever last year and was injured during the playoffs.

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Dyess is not that old, and his past injury isn't bothering him, in fact he's hardly missed any time since we signed him.

Sheed had one of his best seasons ever last year and was injured during the playoffs.

he did good last season. i dont know about this season, no offensive boards from big ben this season.

DeuceWallaces 08-09-2006 10:00 PM

Agreed, offensive boards will be a big loss, along with weakside shotblocking.

MJ(Mean John) 08-10-2006 02:12 AM

look at the bright side pistons fans....at least you guys wont have such a horrible freethrow shooter and u guys dont gotta worry about ppl fouling such a poor freethrow shooter to catch up in late game situations...lol...but atleast you guys are going to have a center who atleast averages 10+ points and that is going to free_up my main man.....(Rasheed WALLACE)...Sheed is a BAD MAN......in the famous words of Ali......ne way....u guys will miss the rebounds and the D...but hopefully RASHEED can become....a MONSTER... that would be so cool....if the pistons are...RASHEEDS team n hes a monster.... but it all depends on RASHEED......

PacerRaptor 08-10-2006 10:43 AM

seriously guys...Pistons are still a sic team...just because they lost Ben they still did pick up Nazr, even though hes not as good as Ben on the defensive side hes WAY better than Ben on the offensive end...teams were starting to use Hack-a-Ben on you guys...that works with Shaq, but Shaq can still score and play offense...Nazr would be a good fit for you guys...you guys have nothing to worry about

kobedaman24 08-10-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
seriously guys...Pistons are still a sic team...just because they lost Ben they still did pick up Nazr, even though hes not as good as Ben on the defensive side hes WAY better than Ben on the offensive end...teams were starting to use Hack-a-Ben on you guys...that works with Shaq, but Shaq can still score and play offense...Nazr would be a good fit for you guys...you guys have nothing to worry about

Well yeah there good. But it might take them a while to get back to championship reign. Their kind of like the Lakers now. Except Ben wasnt SO big to the team that without him theyd miss the playoffs.

PacerRaptor 08-10-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Well yeah there good. But it might take them a while to get back to championship reign. Their kind of like the Lakers now. Except Ben wasnt SO big to the team that without him theyd miss the playoffs.

lol there nowhere like the Lakers now .... the thing with the Lakers was Shaq, and that was the bottom line. Becuase of Shaq they it soo far and Kobe better be realizing that you cant win championships alone. Once Shaq left the team collapsed, which was foreseeable. With Ben gone, the Pistons still have Billups, Sheed, Prince and Hamilton. Theyre still going to be one of the top teams in the league

kobedaman24 08-11-2006 12:51 AM

yeah thats what i said. ben wasnt as big as shaq to the lakers because they have others players to make up for it with.

jordan23 08-12-2006 02:50 PM

i

yall going tosuck!!!!!