Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tyronn Lue... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78254)

lakerfreak 02-29-2008 04:50 PM

Tyronn Lue...

will get bought out by sacramento.

The reason I say we should sign him are these:

*Fisher has been struggling lately and if him or farmar start going through "slumps" in the playoffs, we will have tyronn.

*We don't have a PG that can shut down guards like Iverson, Nash, CP3

* He knows the triangle

*Its a risk carrying only 2 PG's, one of them being inexperienced.

I say we try and pursue, see what happens. I love Tyronn.

DKLaker 02-29-2008 05:34 PM

Re: Tyronn Lue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
will get bought out by sacramento.

The reason I say we should sign him are these:

*Fisher has been struggling lately and if him or farmar start going through "slumps" in the playoffs, we will have tyronn.

*We don't have a PG that can shut down guards like Iverson, Nash, CP3

* He knows the triangle

*Its a risk carrying only 2 PG's, one of them being inexperienced.

I say we try and pursue, see what happens. I love Tyronn.

D-Fish will be fine, he's a proven playoff clutch performer.
We also have Sasha who plays just as good on defense as Lue and we have Farmar. Playing the Triangle a PG is really not important so NO we do not need Lue at all!!!! :no:

lakerfreak 02-29-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
D-Fish will be fine, he's a proven playoff clutch performer.
We also have Sasha who plays just as good on defense as Lue and we have Farmar. Playing the Triangle a PG is really not important so NO we do not need Lue at all!!!! :no:

I have to disagree in a sense that we cannot always rely on the fact that fisher performs clutch in the playoffs. when you play a team in a 7 game series, they start figuring out how your guys play, and Fisher isnt always going to be huge.

We need a third guard to throw the other team's defense off a little bit, and speaking of defense, Tyronn is a pro at it.

DKLaker 02-29-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

I have to disagree in a sense that we cannot always rely on the fact that fisher performs clutch in the playoffs. when you play a team in a 7 game series, they start figuring out how your guys play, and Fisher isnt always going to be huge.

We need a third guard to throw the other team's defense off a little bit, and speaking of defense, Tyronn is a pro at it.

Based on our current situation and the pace at which waivers and buy-outs are happening, our best move is to get a defensive SF or PF in case Ariza, Bynum, Walton or Vlad Rad cannot make it. I do like Lue but i'm comfortable with what we have going on at the guard position.

crisoner 02-29-2008 06:05 PM

Maybe we should go after Ratliff as well?

Kobe4MVP 02-29-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Based on our current situation and the pace at which waivers and buy-outs are happening, our best move is to get a defensive SF or PF in case Ariza, Bynum, Walton or Vlad Rad cannot make it.

I see what you're saying, but we have Kobe, Lamar and Shasha that can play the 3, and Turiaf backs up the 4 & 5 pretty well on the defensive end.

I'd like to pick up Lue to have on hand to defend Tony Parker, Nash, Deron and CP3 should we need it. Fish is going to have trouble against those guys, and Farmar can't do it all, it'd be nice to have Lue's pestering on-the-ball defense to pull out of the deck should we start getting killed by those guys. You could even play Farmar or Lue at the point and Fish at the 2 guard with Kobe at the 3, Fish can guard SG's better than PGs cuz he's so strong, his slow feet might be trouble against the speed demons.

Lakers13 02-29-2008 07:51 PM

He'll lend up with the Nuggets, mark my words now.

lakerfreak 02-29-2008 07:52 PM

I remember Tyronn Lue vs Iverson in the finals a few years back. Made it difficult for iverson to breathe.

We can't have sasha on tony parker or nash as sasha is too big for them. He's done it against Nash before But I would feel more comfortable knowing we have a true PG that can defend.

The way I see it, we have defense at all positions except for the PG spot.

Tyronn is good for us. We should get him. I don't think Farmar is completely ready for 24 mpg of playoff action.

SoCalMike 02-29-2008 10:06 PM

Why are *some* of you trying to tweak the roster still. We will be fine what we have, just so Bynum and Ariza get back!

We already play almost 11 players deep at full strength. What the heck more do you want?

:pimp:

ZeN 02-29-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

I remember Tyronn Lue vs Iverson in the finals a few years back. Made it difficult for iverson to breathe.

We can't have sasha on tony parker or nash as sasha is too big for them. He's done it against Nash before But I would feel more comfortable knowing we have a true PG that can defend.

The way I see it, we have defense at all positions except for the PG spot.

Tyronn is good for us. We should get him. I don't think Farmar is completely ready for 24 mpg of playoff action.

For what its worth... I would have to agree with the fact that having him on would be a decent addition and a fair insurance policy...

SoCal has a point that the current dynamic is great, so its not an outright necessity..

So while I would not push for it to occur or worry too much about it, if the lakers were to pursue him, I would surely understand why, and be happy with the aquisition...

lakerfreak 02-29-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Why are *some* of you trying to tweak the roster still. We will be fine what we have, just so Bynum and Ariza get back!

We already play almost 11 players deep at full strength. What the heck more do you want?

:pimp:

How would that be a bad thing just wondering? He knows the triangle, his defense is much better than D-fish and Farmar and can handle the better PG's, and at the same time, I expect Farmar to struggle a bit in the playoffs. Having a third guy wouldnt be such a bad thing. I wouldn't call it tweaking if he's probably going to be the third pg anyways.

gts 03-01-2008 02:45 AM

rosters fine as is, get some guys back from their injuries and we'll be good... my lord we are 13-2 for the month, and first in the west...lol

lets just sit back and enjoy, we got a really good squad of guys, they got some work to do and that's fine.. it's also scarry to think that this team is playing like they are and still have some wrinkles that need to be smoothed....

defense needs work, but that's a team thing and the hardest to consolidate, but with the effort they have shown and a little practice time that will come around...
big problem since they picked up gasol has been the schedule it's been non stop and no real time to put in a few days of solid practice, so it's been on the fly for the most part...

but they will get it, i have faith in mr 9 rings and the staff.. the players work hard and are committed to a solid run through the playoffs

lakerfreak 03-01-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gts
rosters fine as is, get some guys back from their injuries and we'll be good... my lord we are 13-2 for the month, and first in the west...lol

lets just sit back and enjoy, we got a really good squad of guys, they got some work to do and that's fine.. it's also scarry to think that this team is playing like they are and still have some wrinkles that need to be smoothed....

defense needs work, but that's a team thing and the hardest to consolidate, but with the effort they have shown and a little practice time that will come around...
big problem since they picked up gasol has been the schedule it's been non stop and no real time to put in a few days of solid practice, so it's been on the fly for the most part...

but they will get it, i have faith in mr 9 rings and the staff.. the players work hard and are committed to a solid run through the playoffs

I understand we're doing great and all that, but come on this is strictly for playoff basketball.

Whats not to love about a guy thats been with us before and defended the hell out of the other starting PG's.

I know defense is a team thing but even Stu Lantz says "Defense starts with the point guard. Why should we keep watching Pau play horrible pick n roll defense because our guards gamble too much?

Why is it a bad move if we're adding more talent to a system that the player already knows?

I have faith in mister 9 rings as much as the next guy but Im not sure that I can have that same faith in an aging point guard that's in a major slump, or in a very young PG that gets "tired" after playing 20 + mins a few games in a row, after all that seems to be the excuse for him all the time now.

Tyronn can not only drain the outside shot but the way he attacks the basket and hits those tear drops and layups is something we can definitely use.

If noone is interested in him I say its our turn to add some more veteran help. Playoffs are-a-nearin!

Wened 03-01-2008 08:42 AM

Lue would be a great signing by the Lakers. I good 3 point shooter who can defend better than Farmar or Fish.

gts 03-01-2008 12:15 PM

why is it every guy who becomes available suddenly is a "must have" all world player, why is it that these guys suddenly develope talents that nobody else has seen? lol

lue is a journey man PG at best, has never done anything to ditinguish himself as a gotta have player, that's why he's played for 7 teams in 12 years...

as for knowing the triangle he played under phil for two seasons.. in two seasons he played in a total of 46 games and started once..yeah he was a real cog in the wheel that one.... there are reasons some guys are EX lakers...lol

look no further than his salary..he has never had a contract for more than 3.5 million..that tells you right there no team has ever thought of him as anything more than a bench player and now he's better than fisher...lol