Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Ever been owned by a game? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79945)

glidedrxlr22 03-13-2008 01:07 PM

Ever been owned by a game?

Have you ever played a game that you got stuck on or just plain couldn't finish it or that frustrated you....and you just said, "fukc it, this game is outta here!"

My first experience with that was Master Blaster....an old school game for the NES I believe.

clipps 03-13-2008 11:58 PM

Re: Ever been owned by a game?

I don't consider it 'OWNED" by a came, but in Guitar Hero 2, I've been stuck on Jordan on expert for the longest time.It's sohard. I've 4 starred TTFAF in GH3 on expert, but came no where near beating Jordan.

WhiteMosɘs 03-14-2008 12:56 AM

I can't think of any great examples, but I'm sure I'll think of some soon. However, I remember when I first played Fight Night Round 3, I tried to throw the Special Punch every time, because it worked for me at my friend's house, and for the first few fights I was frustrated and wanted to quit. However, I stopped doing that, and now the game seems awesome.

DieHardBullsFan 03-14-2008 01:17 AM

I never flipped the first ever Mario brothers!

:banghead:

B-Low 03-14-2008 03:12 AM

Hell where do i even start?

That original Ninja Turtles game for NES (still the hardest game ever)
Every Tomb Raider game ever made

hell now that i think about it the list of games i've beaten is only like 10 games long lol

El Kabong 03-14-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
Hell where do i even start?

That original Ninja Turtles game for NES (still the hardest game ever)
l

Heck yea. God damn that electric seaweed.

Zak 03-14-2008 06:07 AM

ninja gaiden
devil may cry 3

nuff said

apriorist 03-14-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Have you ever played a game that you got stuck on or just plain couldn't finish it or that frustrated you....and you just said, "fukc it, this game is outta here!"

My first experience with that was Master Blaster....an old school game for the NES I believe.

Wow, man, you're going wayyyyy back with Blaster Master. That was a great game, but it was very hard. Couldn't beat it. Ninja Gaiden was also impossible.

DoubleTech 03-14-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak
ninja gaiden
devil may cry 3

nuff said

really? those are 2 of my favourite games.... especially Ninja Gaiden.

you just gotta unleash the crazy combo master within.

v-unit 03-14-2008 12:33 PM

GTA 3 for PS2, back then, I couldn't finish the game, or even get to all the islands. I just sold it later.

J_Rock3ts 03-15-2008 11:51 AM

The original Zelda for the NES. I played it as a kid and kept dying in the same temples. Over and over. For years.

The Myth 03-15-2008 03:29 PM

The first game that I could not beat was friggin Donkey Kong 64 for the N64. I got all the way to the final boss (where you box King K Rule.. or whatever his name is) and I could only get to the part where tiny goes in his shoe and shoots his toes. I finally quit playing it because I could NOT beat it... this was about 6 or 7 years ago. This past summer I found my good ol N64 and started where I left off and beat it on my second try.. I guess I just sucked back then. It's also the funnest game I have ever played.

Lebowsky 03-15-2008 03:33 PM

Hmm, the last game was Final Fantasy XII, a couple of weeks ago. There's this damned boss i can't defeat.

LJJ 03-15-2008 03:41 PM

Back in the day there were quite a bit of games that "owned" me. The SNES had some hard ass games.

Contra III always kicked my ass. Super Ghouls and Ghosts is the hardest game ever.

These days the only time a game owns me is when I lose interest and quit playing. Never because something is so hard I think it's impossible.

WhiteMosɘs 03-15-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Kabong
Heck yea. God damn that electric seaweed.

That brings back memories. I can't remember the scene exactly, but I remember electric seaweed, and frustration.