Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NBA suspends Bruce Bowen for kicking Chris Paul (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80086)

clipse026 03-12-2008 08:37 PM

Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Anybody see Bowen kick Cp3 twice just now? and then Paul got the offensive foul. What a dirty player.

March 14 update: Bowen has been suspended. The news and reaction to suspension begins in the middle of page 10 of this thread

PejaNowitzki 03-12-2008 08:41 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Smart play by Bowen. He clearly understands the mind of a referee if he was able to get away with an intentional kick.




Since when is playing dirty and without honor worthy of being complimented? I would hope that basketball still had some sort of integrity left to it. Just because he can do it, doesn't make it right.

clipse026 03-12-2008 08:42 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Lol I think he was being sarcastic.

YAH trick YAH 03-12-2008 08:46 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Well Chris Paul likes to punch other players in the groin, so he got whats deserved

PejaNowitzki 03-12-2008 08:51 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Since winning was a priority. I'll admit, I wouldn't want to be in Paul's situation, but there's a reason that San Antonio has won four world titles in the last nine years. Blame the ref for blowing the call, not Bowen for wanting to win.




So by your same logic, its okay to conceal a blackjack in your shorts and crack someone upside the head as long as "you don't get caught."


If you're walking down the street, its cool to mug an old lady as long as the police officer doesn't chase after you???

dirkdiggler41 03-12-2008 08:57 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
So by your same logic, its okay to conceal a blackjack in your shorts and crack someone upside the head as long as "you don't get caught."


If you're walking down the street, its cool to mug an old lady as long as the police officer doesn't chase after you???



I loled. Bowen is dirty, but it is a talent. It is the way he knows how to shutdown players. If everybody was able to do it, the refs would call it more. I hate it to, but I would love to have a player like him.

He is the Mark Cuban of defence. Everybody hates, but everyone want him

danumber88 03-12-2008 09:11 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Bruce is a *****, but hes a smart defender.. hes gonna try to get in ur head.

clipse026 03-12-2008 09:19 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danumber88
Bruce is a *****, but hes a smart defender.. hes gonna try to get in ur head.


He failed tonight. :applause:

steve 03-12-2008 09:22 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Apparently if you make Paul mad, he drops 26 and 17 on your head like anvil.

Fedor - Laker 03-12-2008 09:28 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
:cheers:

yobore 03-12-2008 09:31 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
As a hornets fan I didn't think that was a dirty play they just got tangled up. Bowen gets accused of a lot more because of his rep.

B-Low 03-12-2008 09:33 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Yes.


See when i saw you had replied to this thread i KNEW you'd support Bowen. Why? Because you've made it obvious that you're just the type that will always say the opposite of what everyone else says just to try to play up some hardass image. LIke the one who, when everyone else likes a movie you say "i hated it", or when everyone else says something was gross you say "whatever it was cool!"....you're like that kid in middle school who tried to impress everyone by being a "non-conformist"

ChrisKreager 03-12-2008 09:35 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
And people wonder why I hate the Spurs?

I was HAPPY to see them get blown off the court!

They are a one-and-done team, IMO.

What I saw tonight is an example of dying by the sword. You live by the sword, but when things don't go well, look out below...

Showtime 03-12-2008 09:45 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yobore
As a hornets fan I didn't think that was a dirty play they just got tangled up. Bowen gets accused of a lot more because of his rep.

Did you not see Bowen run into Paul and push him over on a transition play and not get called?

kidachi 03-12-2008 09:57 PM

Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WXVJQ06Sk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy