Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Round 1: Lakers vs Nuggets (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84628)

Kobe=MVP07` 04-16-2008 09:42 PM

Round 1: Lakers vs Nuggets

It is set, the Los Angeles Lakers will play the Denver Nuggets in the first round, LA with home-court advantage..

LA won the series 3-0 However, remember this dominance was with bynum [and his defense] The Lakers have not play the nuggets with pau this season

Phil was asked who he wanted to play in the 1st round, and he merely said if they play denver the score would be up about 10 pts from a series with dallas..

Let the discussion begin!:party: :cheers: :banana:

w00terz 04-16-2008 09:42 PM

Re: Official Thread: WC Round #1 Lakers vs Nuggets

Ugh.

w00terz 04-16-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
what are we going to do about camby?

You guys don't need to do anything, he f*cking sucks.

The real question is what are the Nuggets goign to do about Kobe?

Oh yea, nothing.

rs98762001 04-16-2008 09:58 PM

Lakers will take this, but I don't think it will be as easy as some believe. It's never a simple task to win in the high altitude of the Pepsi Center. Ultimately, though, the Nuggets just don't play enough defense to stop the Lakers.

LA in 6.

Jimmy2k8 04-16-2008 10:00 PM

It will be a tough first round matchup then.

amfirst 04-16-2008 10:01 PM

Denver will get hot in a couple of games and win a few, but I think the Laks will take it in the end. We did beat them without Bynum one game I think.

krazy19 04-16-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amfirst
Denver will get hot in a couple of games and win a few, but I think the Laks will take it in the end. We did beat them without Bynum one game I think.

Lakers lead the series 3 - 0.

Y2Gezee 04-16-2008 10:03 PM

2 8s winning over 1s in 2 years huh? What a league.

bigkingsfan 04-16-2008 10:03 PM

Iverson is going to rip Fisher a new asshole

SourGrapes 04-16-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

and so the lakers would waste kobe on anthony carter? fisher will guard carter, kobe iverson i would imagine. at least for a lot of the series.

Linas Kleiza 04-16-2008 10:08 PM

Im not looking forward to reading 20000 posts that say "Lakers are going to destroy them". That's not fun to read or hear on TV as a Denver fan but i'm looking forward to the challenge.

THOUGHTS

-Hopefully Nene's stamina and groin injury have improved to where he can give us 15 solid minutes. We'll need his defense badly. If anyone can do a great job on Pau its Nene. He's far and away our best post defender.

-Iverson is a legendary playoff performer. Lets hope he steps up to the plate. This is one series where I don't want him gambling for steals too much. Fisher likes to only hit shots vs Denver.

-Kobe is Kobe. I fear him when he passes non stop and I fear him when he takes a ton of shots. We just have to hope to cancel him out.

-A.I. vs Kobe in the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. Two of the greatest offensive players in history going at it for the 2nd time. Can't wait. :cheers:

SourGrapes 04-16-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
Do we really think that Kobe and AI guard each other? I'm not sure. I'm also not sure that Gasol and Camby matchup. Does Odom try to take Camby? Let Pau deal with K-mart/Nene? Vlad Rad on Melo? This is the one series (okay phoenix if it comes to that) where I really wish we had Bynum. The rest of these teams we can beat w/o him.

i think kobe may guard ai. i dont think ai will guard kobe.

DuMa 04-16-2008 10:15 PM

JR smith is gonna guard Kobe.

Y2Gezee 04-16-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

And Melo will give anybody on him fits.

I really don't know if the Nugz will win (even though I love to get into homer mode for my teams in the postseason, its the only time I do it though). But I seriously like the matchups, I think people overlook how physical Denver will be for LA with Nene back and no Bynum. I seriously can see K coming close atleast to matching Pau's production, because I think his D is good enough to hold Pau down. I think the 3pt shooters for LA will have to be spectacular along with Kobe.

Kobe24 04-16-2008 10:17 PM

Will AC guard Kobe?