Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Eric Gordon will be a bust in the NBA (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88429)

stewen12 05-19-2008 11:46 PM

Eric Gordon will be a bust in the NBA

He'll be a bust

InspiredLebowski 05-20-2008 12:00 AM

Re: Eric Gordon will be a bust in the NBA

He'll be better than Ben Gordon.

Lord Leoshes 05-20-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewen12
He'll be a bust

Wow. :wtf: I don't wan't him for my heat, but he will not be a bust. he's about the 7th, or 8th, best player in this draft.:confusedshrug:

monthh 05-20-2008 02:57 AM

Anyone care to say why?

Posterize246 05-20-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monthh
Anyone care to say why?

undersized 2 guard(6'4",maybe closer to 6'3") who many people think can shoot the 3ball but cant(33%),has an awful floor game if any1 thinks he can play the pg(2.4 assists,3.6 turnovers,.68 assist-2-turnover ratio),and he's not too explosive as far as speed off the dribble,quickness,or vertical jump.

b.u.s.t

veilside23 05-20-2008 03:20 PM

it depends on what team he will land but he for sure be better than ben gordon.... better leaping ability better shooting.

Posterize246 05-20-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veilside23
it depends on what team he will land but he for sure be better than ben gordon.... better leaping ability better shooting.

gordon shot 41% from 3 this year and made 142 of them.and thats with him missing 10 games this season. its tough to think eric gordon's 33% from college 3s will better that

InspiredLebowski 05-20-2008 03:42 PM

Gordon hurt his wrist in late January, before that he was shooting 42%+ from 3. I'm not an IU fan, anything but, I root for Purdue, but if you've seen the kid play it's obvious he won't be a bust. Is he a franchise player? Doubt it. Is he going to be better than Ben Gordon, yes. His absolute worst case scenario is a 6th man Vinnie Johnson type filling in 16ppg+ off the bench.

Now Koufos, HE'LL be a bust.

Posterize246 05-20-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Gordon hurt his wrist in late January, before that he was shooting 42%+ from 3. I'm not an IU fan, anything but, I root for Purdue, but if you've seen the kid play it's obvious he won't be a bust. Is he a franchise player? Doubt it. Is he going to be better than Ben Gordon, yes. His absolute worst case scenario is a 6th man Vinnie Johnson type filling in 16ppg+ off the bench.

Now Koufos, HE'LL be a bust.

isnt that pretty much what ben gordon is?(18ppg). your worst case scenario for gordon is what i think his best case is. what do you have as his best case scenario?

InspiredLebowski 05-20-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
isnt that pretty much what ben gordon is?(18ppg). your worst case scenario for gordon is what i think his best case is. what do you have as his best case scenario?

A starting 2 guard (he'll never be a 1) putting up 23ppg+. Second option on a contender, maybe a 1b type option. He's more or less a one dimensional player, obviously a scorer.

Posterize246 05-20-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
A starting 2 guard (he'll never be a 1) putting up 23ppg+. Second option on a contender, maybe a 1b type option. He's more or less a one dimensional player, obviously a scorer.

i dont think this guy can average 23 in the league.i'd lean closer to him being a 16ppg scorer like you mentioned. when i say he's a bust i dont mean he'll be a bad player, just not a lottery-type guy. id put him best case scenario as a cuttino mobley type guy. career averages of 16ppg,2.7apg,3.9rpg,and 1.2 spg. if he gets those kind of numbers hes a lottery guy. my guess is he gets stuck in the 13ppg range

UConnCeltics 05-20-2008 04:38 PM

He is not better then Ben Gordon... where the heck are you guys coming up with this? Ben was a special player at UConn, and he is a special player off of the Chicago bench. Eric Gordon will not put up 15 ppg in his rookie season... nor will he be a force off the bench or a scorer like Gordon.

Cohnman15 05-20-2008 04:45 PM

If I was forced to choose I would have to say that Gordon will be a bust. He will be asked to assume a role like Ben Gordon. He's not big enough to guard the 2 and he doesn't have the court vision/ ball handling skills to play the point. He will come off the bench to score points. But considering that he only shot 43% from the field in college, I don't know how good of a scorer he'll be in the NBA.

fatboy11 05-20-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewen12
He'll be a bust

Ground-breaking post.

Your logic and reasoning is second to none. You are.....my hero.

InspiredLebowski 05-20-2008 05:20 PM

Ben also had 2 more years college experience and was taken 3rd overall. Bump this is 5 years and we'll see how much better Eric is. The only thing that could prevent him from being a very good player is if a team tries to make him into a PG. He'll never be one, he's too careless with the ball as has been mentioned. Of course that can be corrected once he gets past 20 years old and gets coached by someone who understands the game. He's solidly 6'4, one of my best friends is 6'3, goes to IU and has a couple pictures literally standing right next to him, Eric clearly has a bit of height on him. And the kid's body is NBA ready, after a year out of high school. He's not explosive guy per se, but he's got extreme fluidity to his movements, amazing body control. 6'4 + 200lbs + best assest is shooting = shooting guard, not point.

I can definitely agree that he's kind of one of those boom or bust guys. He got so much hype going into IU and during the first part of the year people are going to expect him to be the best 2 guard out of this draft and I don't think he will be (Mayo). He's got so much hype to live up to that people are going to jump on calling him a bust at the slightest bit of growing pains. I saw him play probably 25 times at IU and a couple high school games, the kid is the real deal in my opinion.