Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99918)

new noise 08-16-2008 12:08 PM

USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...ore?gameId=783

Jose goes 1-9 from the floor with 4 rebounds and zero assists. Bosh with 8 boards to lead Team USA. Led them in blocks too I believe.

Qwyjibo 08-16-2008 12:17 PM

Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

I hope these are the last Olympics that Calderon plays. Ricky Rubio already looks to be a better playmaker and defensive player, his shot needs work though. He'll be fully ready in 4 years. Same goes for Bosh but that's unlikely. He'll probably be there next time around.

Ugh, such meaningless games for a Raptors fan like me.

new noise 08-16-2008 12:26 PM

Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I hope these are the last Olympics that Calderon plays. Ricky Rubio already looks to be a better playmaker and defensive player, his shot needs work though. He'll be fully ready in 4 years. Same goes for Bosh but that's unlikely. He'll probably be there next time around.

Ugh, such meaningless games for a Raptors fan like me.

It's all we have at the moment, I'll take it.

I have to think Bosh has already earned a spot on Team USA for the next time around. Calderon on the other hand will be what, 31 or 32 the next Olympics? I'm sure he'll be there but I'll be surprised if Rubio isn't the Spanish Chris Paul by that point.

PS, anyone see Bosh & Dwight's secret handshake pre-game? Double-hand-slap-into-mock-Superman-flying.

Trax416 08-16-2008 04:20 PM

Bosh led the team in rebounds and blocks.

kmart 08-16-2008 08:44 PM

Jose Calderon looks clueless on the Spain team the games that i watched with Spain Jose seems to turn the ball over a lot and not set up teamates. I think its because hes not comfortable with his teammates.

bluerap 08-17-2008 09:04 AM

This is not good for his confidence. Last year he came in with extremely high confidence because of his international play last summer. I really hope he can turn it around by the end of this tournament.

Qwyjibo 08-17-2008 11:33 AM

Jose is 27. He is not some young rookie whose confidence should be so easily shattered. He better be ready to play well during the season regardless of how he plays in the Olympics. You can't use this as an excuse.

bballnoob 08-17-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmart
Jose Calderon looks clueless on the Spain team the games that i watched with Spain Jose seems to turn the ball over a lot and not set up teamates. I think its because hes not comfortable with his teammates.

Pretty sure he's been playing with those guys for longer than he's been playing with the Raps. Comfort shouldn't be an issue.

kmart 08-17-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballnoob
Pretty sure he's been playing with those guys for longer than he's been playing with the Raps. Comfort shouldn't be an issue.

well something is bothering him because he looks like he is lost

I think Bosh looks great and a lot stronger if he can play like he did in the olympics and Jose Calderon doesn't play like what he is now i think we are top 4 in the east

Sekman 08-17-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmart
well something is bothering him because he looks like he is lost

I think Bosh looks great and a lot stronger if he can play like he did in the olympics and Jose Calderon doesn't play like what he is now i think we are top 4 in the east

Bosh does look a lot stronger, in terms of toughness and aggressiveness, which was one thing that he needed to work on before the olympics imo.

RAPSCANWIN 08-18-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Jose is 27. He is not some young rookie whose confidence should be so easily shattered. He better be ready to play well during the season regardless of how he plays in the Olympics. You can't use this as an excuse.

Exactly....

Besides a few bad games isnt anything to get excited about.