Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on Game 7 in 2006 Phoenix Series

Wow this board has been all about LeBron and certain posters do not show up...then a Kobe topic comes on and guess who is back.

Knoebe....sad sad sad.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Chamberlain still has not been forgiven for his 2 FGA in the second half of the 7th game in '68, despite receiving the ball 2 times in the pivot for the final 12 minutes. With the powerful, but undersized Wayne Embry as his primary defender one would think the team would have made a concerted effort to get the ball to him even with the rest of the Celtics sagging back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Vtw7fbktc#t=7m56s
    Good point. Yet Jordan is presented to the public as the gold standard. He is the measuring stick for everything. If Jordan did it and gets a free pass--many of his fans do not even know he did it--why not give a pass to Wilt, Kobe, and Lebron as well?

That's not even remotely close to what people said. NOBODY called him a hog after Game 6, the general consensus was if Lamar Odom had boxed out Shawn Marion, the Lakers win the series.
    Indeed, however with no semblance of a chance at the title.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Suns fan here...

Respect. I understand what Kobe is saying and I believe him. He's a fantastic player, one of the best of all time. He did go and raise hell in the front office, and you could say his willingness to do so has separated him from the likes of LBJ, Wade, and co.

Now, one caveat: just don't compare him to MJ, ok? That's really my only point to pick with Laker fans. I'd make the same argument for LBJ already. Jordan was perfect in the finals, and phenomenal in basically every single playoff game he ever played. OK that's it that's all I have to say. Kobe is really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    So because he SAYS he didn't quit he didn't quit? Do you really think he would own up to it? Guess what? OJ SAYS he didn't kill his wife! At any rate, I'm not going to rehash this because it's been discussed many, many times. I'll just say that to those of us who watched the game (oh, and it wasn't about JUST his scoring, it was about him hanging out at the perimeter swinging the ball the ENTIRE half, not penetrating, not screening, not slashing, etc.) it was clear.

His fanboys will defend him to the day they die (all while crucifying LeBron of course), but even HONEST Laker/Kobe fans I've seen have said something wasw up.
    actually oj wrote a book about killing his wife...
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 05-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.

I rule the local playground

Was this a poor attempt to hide Lebron`s "tanking" in games 5 and 6?

Was it? really?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Suns fan here...

Respect. I understand what Kobe is saying and I believe him. He's a fantastic player, one of the best of all time. He did go and raise hell in the front office, and you could say his willingness to do so has separated him from the likes of LBJ, Wade, and co.

Now, one caveat: just don't compare him to MJ, ok? That's really my only point to pick with Laker fans. I'd make the same argument for LBJ already. Jordan was perfect in the finals, and phenomenal in basically every single playoff game he ever played. OK that's it that's all I have to say. Kobe is really great.
    Nobody compares him to MJ. Can you find any sane Laker fan who seriously thinks Kobe is better than MJ? These comparisons are made by the MJ fanatics (Loki, KnoeItawl) and they do it only so they can tear Kobe apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Nobody compares him to MJ. Can you find any sane Laker fan who seriously thinks Kobe is better than MJ? These comparisons are made by the MJ fanatics (Loki, KnoeItawl) and they do it only so they can tear Kobe apart.
    eh, let the little guys have some fun. they're all torn up inside knowing kobe and the lakers are about to make their 3rd straight finals appearance.
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 05-17-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    I definitely agree that sane Lakers fans such as yourself wouldn't\don't make the comparison. But I've definitely seen threads like, "if kobe wins 7 rings.." and people go in there and qualify it like, oh if he's the main scoring threat maybe bla bla.. no. Under no circumstances will he eclipse Jordan, and unless LBJ starts winning multiple rings and finals MVPs immediately, his window is over too. Margin of error has to be like 0 and yet people do try to make comparisons. Durant is the only one whose window and potential haven't been fully explored, and trust me when I say I think his chances are slim to none, but so it is for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    eh, let the little guys have some fun. they're all tore up inside knowing kobe and the lakers are about to make their 3rd straight finals appearance.
    Being a Lakers fan makes you "bigger" than me somehow? Interesting how your mind works.

Being a Lakers fan makes you "bigger" than me somehow? Interesting how your mind works.
    loki and knoehow2eatkobedix are both little btches....why you think i was referring to u is beyond me. maybe ur just paranoid & really short?

loki and knoehow2eatkobedix are both little btches....why you think i was referring to u is beyond me. maybe ur just paranoid & really short?
    I'm quite paranoid and 5'8 1\2 , you got me.

Be a psychologist.

By the way though I thought you were referring to me because you were responding to someone responding to me. I thought that's how logic works

I'm quite paranoid and 5'8 1\2 , you got me.

Be a psychologist.

By the way though I thought you were referring to me because you were responding to someone responding to me. I thought that's how logic works
    you didn't look like you were having much fun
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 05-17-2010 at 07:59 PM.

you didn't look like you were having much fun

It's ok, I still love you.

go Suns!!!!

Personally, I don't buy the "sticking with the gameplan" reasoning.. because at a certain point as the best player in the series, you have to say "ok, this isn't working and I need to take over this game." I'm sure he got frustrated with the fact that he dropped 23 in the first half and they were still down 15, and tried to make a point in the 2nd half by just letting his teammates play. He knew if he kept scoring it would be useless, so he just tried to make a point by not shooting, something he was always criticized for doing too much. Like a "see, this is what happens when I don't shoot and let these guys play" message.

I was pissed when it happened, but I'm over it as he's obviously redeemed himself since then... so this shouldn't be brought up and discussed to death as if it were the defining moment of his career.