Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 09-29-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Is Foye going to start?

W
olves fans there expect him to be coming off the bench at least for the first half of the season...

Why? The guy is NBA ready and he is Minnesota's last hope. Maybe the Wolves have a chance to make the playoffs if Davis/James/KG click...but without Foye given an opportunity to contribute I dont see the Wolves doing anything but missing the postseason or losing in the first round. And if that happens, say goodbye to KG and hllo to rebuilding mode. Anyone have any insight on this issue?

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-09-2007 at 04:56 AM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
daoshao
Can barely lace up my sneakers

daoshao has an OK reputation so far

This is what Casey said during the Kfan interview on randy foye:

On Randy Foye:
Casey didn't want to pigeonhole him into a point guard or off-guard. The coach did say he wants to put Foye into the fire pretty quickly and that the rookie shows more command of the game coming into the season than McCants did last year.

So maybe he will be starting....or he may be getting more minutes off the bench than most...
daoshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

The way I see it, this guy is physically gifted for a person his height. We need to put the dude in right away so he can develop as quickly as possible. As long he gets his minutes, I have no problem with im coming off the bench or as a starter. He's physically ready to do it and his skills are good enough for the NBA, so why not play him?

He better be playing opening night! I might buy tickets for either the pre-season or opening night. There's been so many busts, I doubt he is one.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I highly doubt he's a bust, I think he's Minnesota's next franchise player, and that feels really good to say.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
He better be playing opening night! I might buy tickets for either the pre-season or opening night. There's been so many busts, I doubt he is one.

i doubt it too. busts dont usually put up 25 ppg in the summer league.(or do they?)
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
i doubt it too. busts dont usually put up 25 ppg in the summer league.(or do they?)

Nope, they do not.

Foye can be a solid player this year too in my opinion. If he can get 10PPG off the bench I will still be happy that this kid has a future on this team.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
TheBigTicket21
I airball my layups

TheBigTicket21 has an OK reputation so far

He's the #1 ranked rookie and made a strong case for Rookie of the year during the summer league. I'm sure he'll start the majority of the season.
TheBigTicket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: