Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #46
Pokerface
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 499
Pokerface has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Ike is still young with a lot of potential. In the right situation he should blossom into a good PF. I don't know if NO is the right situation or not, but, he has to get playing time to show what he can do.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #47
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Showtime you typed a bunch of nothing. Which isnt surprising. The point that skilled thru one ear and out the other because your mind was on idle? Is that those guys and Ike have something in common? None of them at this point in thier careers is worth typing about. Not worth comparing, arguing who is better etc etc etc. They've proven zilch and had thier moments which allows us to say "every dog has its day".

Ike has been a huge disappointment coming out of college where he was successful. Success at the next level is tough for him to achieve much like getting minutes because he simply is clueless to the game and how its played. Which is why he hasnt stayed in 1 place too long. You can keep typing up his potential, upside over that of a Armstrong. Means little when Ike is playing for team number what again?

Sad part is if it doesnt work out in N.O, you'll be feeding me the same argument like a parrot as Ike tries again for another franchise. At some point you need to let go of this projection your mind seems to be stuck on and address the player for what he is today. Or you can invest in a magic 8 ball, shake it up while asking if Ike will amount to anything close to a productive NBA player. Might get a better response with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface
Ike is still young with a lot of potential. In the right situation he should blossom into a good PF. I don't know if NO is the right situation or not, but, he has to get playing time to show what he can do.

This aint college. In the NBA you are spposed to earn your playing time. And when given playing time you are supposed to produce in various ways to make it hard for a coach not to play you more. Ike problem is he doesnt do this. The young with potential speech is going to eventually run its course. At what point in his career do you as the fan cut the cord over the young/potential and just call it like it is? Darko is still young with potential. Do you see him panning out to even be what some suggested as a reasonable comparison (PJ Br0wn)?

Kwame Brown, Darius Miles are just a pair of names who rode the young with lots of potential label. Sixers Dalembert got 6yrs $60mil+ partially because of this thinking. The only time Ike has shown anything to fans who love stats as thier way to measure a player if not potential? Was in meaningless games. Not saying you did this, just generally speaking. A fan will point to a game where he got 35+ mpg and produced. However that game wasnt significant, meaningful at all. And the team just wouldnt benefit from Ike getting that kind of minutes due to what he doesnt do when on the court.

But whatever, we'll see what he does or doesnt do in N.O.

Last edited by GOBB : 08-02-2009 at 10:41 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #48
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Showtime you typed a bunch of nothing. Which isnt surprising. The point that skilled thru one ear and out the other because your mind was on idle? Is that those guys and Ike have something in common? None of them at this point in thier careers is worth typing about. Not worth comparing, arguing who is better etc etc etc. They've proven zilch and had thier moments which allows us to say "every dog has its day".

It seems you can't seem to grasp the point. You said Ike wasn't any better than those players. Well, none of those player have the talent Ike has, and none of those players' best is close to Ike's best, which was the point. They are not the same level of players. For guys like Bowen, that's as good as he can be, and Ike has already proven to be much better.

Quote:
Ike has been a huge disappointment coming out of college where he was successful. Success at the next level is tough for him to achieve much like getting minutes because he simply is clueless to the game and how its played. Which is why he hasnt stayed in 1 place too long. You can keep typing up his potential, upside over that of a Armstrong. Means little when Ike is playing for team number what again?

How many teams did Billups go through in his first few years? Part of it was understanding the game, and part of it was getting on the right team and in the right situation. Ike has NEVER been in the right situation that used a post scorer because that's what he is. If you want a Jeff Foster, go get a Jeff Foster type guy, but teams expect him to be what he is not, and never given him a good chance to come in and do what he does best. There have been plenty of guys who weren't impressive until they got in the right situation. Look at what Salmons did when he got minutes and the ball in sacramento compared to the limited role the sixers let him have. Now, he's considered one of the biggest bargains in the league for his overall game and before, people like you were writing him off as a scrub in philly.

Quote:
Sad part is if it doesnt work out in N.O, you'll be feeding me the same argument like a parrot as Ike tries again for another franchise. At some point you need to let go of this projection your mind seems to be stuck on and address the player for what he is today. Or you can invest in a magic 8 ball, shake it up while asking if Ike will amount to anything close to a productive NBA player. Might get a better response with that.

Fact: Ike has produced whenever he's gotten significant minutes. You can see his averages on the previous page where he's played 30+ minutes.

Fact: Ike has had very good showings against quality opponents, like Nene, so it's not just empty stats against scrubs.

You keep acting like I'm talking about POTENTIAL and what he MIGHT do, and he's ALREADY PROVEN what he can do on the floor when he has gotten significant time. That's the difference. He's already shown he can play. With starter minutes, he's produced like a starter. You can't argue that, because I've already posted the numbers. I'm not talking about Ike like it's a fantasy of what he can become, I'm talking about what he can be based upon what he has already done on the court.

It's ok to say you are wrong. It's plain as day you don't know much about Marks, Bowen, Ely, Armstrong, etc. Just take this as a learning experience and stfu about things you know nothing about, because it's clear you probably haven't even watched ten hornet games the past two or three seasons. Those guys could only dream of having a 20/10 game.

Last edited by Showtime : 08-03-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #49
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
It seems you can't seem to grasp the point. You said Ike wasn't any better than those players. Well, none of those player have the talent Ike has, and none of those players' best is close to Ike's best, which was the point. They are not the same level of players. For guys like Bowen, that's as good as he can be, and Ike has already proven to be much better.

Who cares about Ike's "talent". Kwame Brown has more talent than Reggie Evans. You wont find many running to Kwame Brown over Reggie Evans. The point you seem to be struggling to grasp which is amusing (brain still on idle, blame it on the offseason?) is that adding Ike doesnt make N.O any better. His addition in comparison to the other guys isnt an upgrade. Now you can sit there with hope and a pocket full of blind faith that Ike will PROVE his addition was an improvement/upgrade. But until that happens? You are just projecting much like you are continuing to do with Ike's career.

Ike is so proven and so much better than Bowen (whom is a player that you know what you're getting already) that he cant stick with 1 franchise let alone get decent playing time. So much for all this talent and your BS (fact, fact, fact, fact) stats Ike put up when given significant minutes (in meaningless games).

Maybe you should leave the so called facts alone and write fiction.

Quote:
How many teams did Billups go through in his first few years? Part of it was understanding the game, and part of it was getting on the right team and in the right situation. Ike has NEVER been in the right situation that used a post scorer because that's what he is. If you want a Jeff Foster, go get a Jeff Foster type guy, but teams expect him to be what he is not, and never given him a good chance to come in and do what he does best. There have been plenty of guys who weren't impressive until they got in the right situation. Look at what Salmons did when he got minutes and the ball in sacramento compared to the limited role the sixers let him have. Now, he's considered one of the biggest bargains in the league for his overall game and before, people like you were writing him off as a scrub in philly.

Comparing Ike to Billups? Wow. How many teams has Darko and Kwame Brown gone through? Pretty much counters the Billups usage.

And I never wrote Salmons off in Philly nor did I call him a scrub. So you are wrong. And that my friend is a FACT. You got to exagerrate and make up stuff to support your argument? Weak.

Quote:
You keep acting like I'm talking about POTENTIAL and what he MIGHT do, and he's ALREADY PROVEN what he can do on the floor when he has gotten significant time. That's the difference. He's already shown he can play. With starter minutes, he's produced like a starter. You can't argue that, because I've already posted the numbers. I'm not talking about Ike like it's a fantasy of what he can become, I'm talking about what he can be based upon what he has already done on the court.

And you keep missing the part where i said Ike lacks things about his game to warrant significant playing time. He has a poor understanding of the game when throw into the fire where his performance/production needs to impact and be benenficial to the team. You fail to answer why he doesnt get minutes. Its not because he plays behind all nba first team players. All this "Talent" he has "proven" when given minutes sure does zilch when he cant win a coach and franchise over for them to be confident in giving him those minutes. Which goes back to his addition not being that important than what Hornets had. They HOPE something sparks in him, a fire, passion is ignited. His court awareness rises. But until it does? He'll end up no better than those other guys...and that means he'll be just another body on a team.

The difference? Oh he has more "talent" than the others. Yet at the end of the day when you look at the overall picture he didnt help the team no more than they did. Ike can prove me wrong and make me eat every last word by actually praying to Chris Saint Paul he ressurects his playing career. Nothing you are saying is proving anyting wrong on my end.


Quote:
It's ok to say you are wrong. It's plain as day you don't know much about Marks, Bowen, Ely, Armstrong, etc. Just take this as a learning experience and stfu about things you know nothing about, because it's clear you probably haven't even watched ten hornet games the past two or three seasons. Those guys could only dream of having a 20/10 game.

I'm wrong about zero kid. You have a hard on for a kid with potential. Perhaps you move away from the window as you poke thru the blinds look at the future play on the slides.

Those guys dont dream of having isolated 20-10 games. They dream is sticking on a team and having some security. Knowing where they will be season to season. Much like Ike. All opf them are in the same boat, only Ike can brag that the last 4gms in the past season he avg stats those guys cant unless they play on a video game. Only after he mentions how many teams this has been since he entered the NBA as a first round pick with so much upside and potential. Are those isolated games that much to brag about in Ike's case?

No. Career 6ppg 3rpg. Those guys know thier roles...Ike doesnt.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #50
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Who cares about Ike's "talent". Kwame Brown has more talent than Reggie Evans. You wont find many running to Kwame Brown over Reggie Evans. The point you seem to be struggling to grasp which is amusing (brain still on idle, blame it on the offseason?) is that adding Ike doesnt make N.O any better. His addition in comparison to the other guys isnt an upgrade. Now you can sit there with hope and a pocket full of blind faith that Ike will PROVE his addition was an improvement/upgrade. But until that happens? You are just projecting much like you are continuing to do with Ike's career.

I think you have no idea what "talent" is, because Kwame doesn't have it. I'm talking about ability, which Ike has, and has proven to have when he gets PT and the ball.

Quote:
Ike is so proven and so much better than Bowen (whom is a player that you know what you're getting already) that he cant stick with 1 franchise let alone get decent playing time. So much for all this talent and your BS (fact, fact, fact, fact) stats Ike put up when given significant minutes (in meaningless games).

Maybe you should leave the so called facts alone and write fiction.

It's ok to admit you haven't even seen Bowen play with the hornets. It's ok to say you probably haven't seen Ike play either, let alone tear up Nene. Just admit you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Quote:
Comparing Ike to Billups? Wow. How many teams has Darko and Kwame Brown gone through? Pretty much counters the Billups usage.

The difference is Darko and Kwame were ALL hype about their POTENTIAL, and I'm talking about a guy WITH that ability not in the right situation, not a guy who was all hype. Darko and Kwame never had the ability they were hyped to have, and Ike does. He just needs the right place to show people like you who never saw him play that he is legit.

Quote:
And I never wrote Salmons off in Philly nor did I call him a scrub. So you are wrong. And that my friend is a FACT. You got to exagerrate and make up stuff to support your argument? Weak.

Are you seriously that dense? I said you were the TYPE of guy who wrote him off. Check the quote: "people like you were writing him off as a scrub in philly". Meaning, if I used your logic, I would be one of the many people who are quick to write off players like him and Ike. I never said you specifically called Salmons a bust. But once again, you are an idiot.

Quote:
And you keep missing the part where i said Ike lacks things about his game to warrant significant playing time. He has a poor understanding of the game when throw into the fire where his performance/production needs to impact and be benenficial to the team.

If that's the case, then why does he produce like a starter every time he's gotten significant minutes? What he's actually done throws a big wrench in your argument. When a guy who gets 30 minutes puts up 20/9, then he obviously understands something about the game and isn't a Bowen level scrub.

Quote:
You fail to answer why he doesnt get minutes. Its not because he plays behind all nba first team players. All this "Talent" he has "proven" when given minutes sure does zilch when he cant win a coach and franchise over for them to be confident in giving him those minutes.

I've already explained why he doesn't get minutes. He's never been on a team that used a post scorer off the bench, or on a team that thought of him as a piece and not a contract commodity. When a player on a team says he has no idea why he doesn't play because he's the BEST player when they practice, doesn't have off court issues, comes to work like a pro, etc, then there's obviously not something wrong with the player.

Quote:
The difference? Oh he has more "talent" than the others. Yet at the end of the day when you look at the overall picture he didnt help the team no more than they did. Ike can prove me wrong and make me eat every last word by actually praying to Chris Saint Paul he ressurects his playing career. Nothing you are saying is proving anyting wrong on my end.

A guy can only prove his best when he gets a chance. So hopefully that question will finally be decided with the hornets, because that will be out of the way.

Quote:
I'm wrong about zero kid. You have a hard on for a kid with potential. Perhaps you move away from the window as you poke thru the blinds look at the future play on the slides.

It's ok to admit you haven't seen them play. Because it's obvious you haven't.

Quote:
Are those isolated games that much to brag about in Ike's case?

Not brag, just to prove they are NOT the same players. Just because they are bench bigs who haven't gone beyond small roles doesn't mean they are on the same level, and doesn't mean Ike isn't a better player. You said Ike isn't any better, and that shows you don't know much about them. And not because Ike is the sh!t, but because of how bad and limited those other guys are. I really don't get why this is so hard to comprehend: guys like Bowen have hit their ceiling. That's the best they can hope to be: a practice guy who is the 12th man. That's not the ceiling for what Ike has already proven he can do on the floor.

Last edited by Showtime : 08-03-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #51
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
I think you have no idea what "talent" is, because Kwame doesn't have it. I'm talking about ability, which Ike has, and has proven to have when he gets PT and the ball.

Yeah Kwame never had talent. He was just picked #1 overall for f*cks sake.


Quote:
It's ok to admit you haven't even seen Bowen play with the hornets. It's ok to say you probably haven't seen Ike play either, let alone tear up Nene. Just admit you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Yes i never seen Ike play in my life. College and pro. And Bowen? I always assumed you meant Bruce Bowen. Silly me. Gotta love kids weak argument nowadays "U never saw them play!" with absolutely no support.


Quote:
The difference is Darko and Kwame were ALL hype about their POTENTIAL, and I'm talking about a guy WITH that ability not in the right situation, not a guy who was all hype. Darko and Kwame never had the ability they were hyped to have, and Ike does. He just needs the right place to show people like you who never saw him play that he is legit.

Yes, Darko too never had talent and ability. This is too funny. I guess they had the potential to have talent huh.

Same excuse followed Darko how Larry Brown doesnt play rookies and killed his confidence. Oh and he played behind x,y,z. He goes to another team? Same thing. He goes to a team where the situation is perfect for playing time? Darko supporters are on the side of milk cartons. Same with Kwame Brown. Collins, MJ killed his confidence and stunted his growth. So from that point on he could ever fullfill what he was destined to become.

And now we have Ike. Just needs the right place. Gotta love it.

Quote:
If that's the case, then why does he produce like a starter every time he's gotten significant minutes? What he's actually done throws a big wrench in your argument. When a guy who gets 30 minutes puts up 20/9, then he obviously understands something about the game and isn't a Bowen level scrub.

In meaningless games? It means zilch. Keep trying tho. Bowen and Ike will have alot in common when they find themselves at the end of the bench

Quote:
I've already explained why he doesn't get minutes. He's never been on a team that used a post scorer off the bench, or on a team that thought of him as a piece and not a contract commodity. When a player on a team says he has no idea why he doesn't play because he's the BEST player when they practice, doesn't have off court issues, comes to work like a pro, etc, then there's obviously not something wrong with the player.

The same was said about Darko by veteran players who started for the Pistons. Take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
A guy can only prove his best when he gets a chance. So hopefully that question will finally be decided with the hornets, because that will be out of the way.

And the Hornets will give Ike a chance correct?

Quote:
It's ok to admit you haven't seen them play. Because it's obvious you haven't.

I've seen Ike play. Just because you are a fanboy over the unproven talent? No need to make up things in your head to support what has been a relatively weak argument. You sound like a preschooler.

Quote:
Not brag, just to prove they are NOT the same players. Just because they are bench bigs who haven't gone beyond small roles doesn't mean they are on the same level, and doesn't mean Ike isn't a better player.

You obviously missed the point again. Sad

Quote:
You said Ike isn't any better, and that shows you don't know much about them.

I expect Ike to do more than what those guys have as a Hornet. If not you'll look incredibly stupid.

Quote:
And not because Ike is the sh!t, but because of how bad and limited those other guys are. I really don't get why this is so hard to comprehend: guys like Bowen have hit their ceiling. That's the best they can hope to be: a practice guy who is the 12th man. That's not the ceiling for what Ike has already proven he can do on the floor.

Doesnt matter what Ike's ceiling is. How talented he is. His impact/role so far in his career hasnt been that much than what those other guys have done. I dont see why you cant politely ask Ike to move his nuts to the side so you can see the entire point of this convo.

I'm putting $300 down in Vegas that by this time next year you'll be still supporting Ike saying if he had a better situation he would be a productive NBA player. You still have hope in Ike. Just like a person who has hope that lottery ticket is a winner.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #52
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah Kwame never had talent. He was just picked #1 overall for f*cks sake.

So now the draft position is what actually counts in regards to talent, and not how the player actually plays? Every player is exactly ranked by how they were picked? LMAO you are a joke.

Quote:
Yes i never seen Ike play in my life. College and pro. And Bowen? I always assumed you meant Bruce Bowen. Silly me. Gotta love kids weak argument nowadays "U never saw them play!" with absolutely no support.

We were talking about the hornet reserve bigs. Armstrong = Hilton, Bowen = Ryan. Ely = Melvin. That's what I've been talking about THIS ENTIRE TIME because this was the start of this conversation:

Other poster: "It's about time the Hornets realize that Hilton Armstrong, Ryan Bowen, Sean Marks, and Melvin Ely aren't going to get the job done. They are finally going after some young, better bigs."

You: "Like Ike is any better."

Don't give me this BS that you thought I was talking about the former Spur Bruce Bowen you ****ing retard.

Quote:
Yes, Darko too never had talent and ability. This is too funny. I guess they had the potential to have talent huh.

They were hyped to have the POTENTIAL to develop into top players (Darko was said to be a better overall Dirk), when they obviously didn't have that level of talent. Ike has talent, unlike Bowen and Armstrong.

Quote:
Same excuse followed Darko how Larry Brown doesnt play rookies and killed his confidence. Oh and he played behind x,y,z. He goes to another team? Same thing. He goes to a team where the situation is perfect for playing time? Darko supporters are on the side of milk cartons. Same with Kwame Brown. Collins, MJ killed his confidence and stunted his growth. So from that point on he could ever fullfill what he was destined to become.

And now we have Ike. Just needs the right place. Gotta love it.

Ike has talent, not hype. Darko had hype. Kwame had hype. Darko and Kwame had plenty of opportunity to GET ON THE COURT AND PROVE WHAT THEY COULD DO, whereas Ike has had limited opportunity, and what time he got, he made the most of. Now, with the hornets, perhaps the question of getting time will be gone, just like Kwame with LA and Darko with the Grizz. He will get a chance, and that issue will be removed from the discussion.

Quote:
In meaningless games? It means zilch. Keep trying tho. Bowen and Ike will have alot in common when they find themselves at the end of the bench

So top players just let guys roll over them? Are you stupid? Do you think that just because a team knows they made the playoffs that they have no self respect and let a scrub walk all over them? It's different if a team benches their starters. But when one of the larger and more physical centers like Nene is schooled by a supposed bench scrub with no talent, do you think that's because he didn't care? These guys have pride and self respect, and that doesn't go away just because they know they made the postseason. You are a moron.

Quote:
The same was said about Darko by veteran players who started for the Pistons. Take it with a grain of salt.

Post a quote where Darko's teammate said he was the best player on the team in practice.

Quote:
I've seen Ike play. Just because you are a fanboy over the unproven talent? No need to make up things in your head to support what has been a relatively weak argument. You sound like a preschooler.

You can't seem to get this through your thick skull:

1. It's not about how Ike is an all star. It's about how he has talent to produce, and guys like Bowen and Armstrong don't, so you can't say that Ike isn't any better.

2. You keep talking about Ike like he's unproven. EVERY GAME HE'S HAD TIME, HE'S PRODUCED. It's not about potential, it's about WHAT HE'S ACTUALLY DONE, WHICH ISN'T CONJECTURE, ISN'T POTENTIAL, ISN'T FANTASY BUT WHAT HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Past tense, not future tense. You can't seem to grasp that I'm not talking about James White. I'm talking about a guy who has produced in the NBA like a starter when he's played starter minutes.


Quote:
You obviously missed the point again. Sad

You are obvious mentally retarded to continually make up "points" that are inaccurate and talk about players on a team that you don't ever watch.

Quote:
I expect Ike to do more than what those guys have as a Hornet. If not you'll look incredibly stupid.

Ike HAS ALREADY DONE MORE THAN THOSE PLAYERS, WHICH HAS BEEN MY POINT ALL ALONG. He's already proven he's far better than Hilton or Ryan or Melvin. He's already done that.

Every time I see you post, you make yourself look more foolish. It's clear you are one of those guys who talks about everything as if you know more than everybody else. I don't comment on things that I don't know. I don't talk about teams that I never watch. You should do that too, because it's clear you are evaluating all 5 players when you don't know wtf you are talking about. I'm done with you and this thread.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #53
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
So now the draft position is what actually counts in regards to talent, and not how the player actually plays? Every player is exactly ranked by how they were picked? LMAO you are a joke.

You make no sense. Kwame Brown obviously had talent in the eyes of scouts and teams. A team projected that reaching his full potential they would end up being __________. Since when were players with no talent drafted? Kwame wasnt drafted because he had the potential to HAVE TALENT. People misjudge prospects all the time. Kwame had talent but there is more to the game than having talent. Thats where he fails and where Ike is failing.


Quote:
We were talking about the hornet reserve bigs. Armstrong = Hilton, Bowen = Ryan. Ely = Melvin. That's what I've been talking about THIS ENTIRE TIME because this was the start of this conversation:

Other poster: "It's about time the Hornets realize that Hilton Armstrong, Ryan Bowen, Sean Marks, and Melvin Ely aren't going to get the job done. They are finally going after some young, better bigs."

You: "Like Ike is any better."

Don't give me this BS that you thought I was talking about the former Spur Bruce Bowen you ****ing retard.

I was being sarcastic moron. Why would I assume we were talkin about Bruce Bowen when he's never played for the Hornets? Atleast use your brain and think "Hmmm maybe GOBB is being a wise ass because I constantly say he doesnt know about the players he is addressing. And he is just playing on my stupidity.".

Quote:
They were hyped to have the POTENTIAL to develop into top players (Darko was said to be a better overall Dirk), when they obviously didn't have that level of talent. Ike has talent, unlike Bowen and Armstrong.

How was it obvious? You had zero clue about Darko until he arrived to the NBA based on hearsay. Then Darko early career he sat behind players. But somehow you knew he didnt have the level of talent that Dirk had because _____? No need to answer, you dont know.


Quote:
Ike has talent, not hype. Darko had hype. Kwame had hype. Darko and Kwame had plenty of opportunity to GET ON THE COURT AND PROVE WHAT THEY COULD DO, whereas Ike has had limited opportunity, and what time he got, he made the most of. Now, with the hornets, perhaps the question of getting time will be gone, just like Kwame with LA and Darko with the Grizz. He will get a chance, and that issue will be removed from the discussion.

And if Ike doesnt make the most of his chance in N.O then what do you say?

I like how Darko and Kwame had no talent.


Quote:
Post a quote where Darko's teammate said he was the best player on the team in practice.


Google it. Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups said it. Ask Detroit Pistons fans. Head over to the team forum and make a thread. It was discussed on this board in the many Darko threads where some Darko fans held out hope he would pan out because he was TALENTED.


Quote:
You can't seem to get this through your thick skull:

1. It's not about how Ike is an all star. It's about how he has talent to produce, and guys like Bowen and Armstrong don't, so you can't say that Ike isn't any better.

Yes you can say Ike isnt any better given what Ike has done thus far in his career which is 6ppg 3rpg. Which is bounce around and have people hold excuses for him. Now he is in Hornets and you think he will make the best out of this oppurtunity because its the best chance for him to do so/get minutes. I think otherwise that he wont do much that he hasnt done thus far in his NBA career which would make his addition no better than the scrubs listed.

Hence me comment Ike isnt any better. And for the 4th time this point evades you. Damn you are stubborn.

Quote:
You are obvious mentally retarded to continually make up "points" that are inaccurate and talk about players on a team that you don't ever watch.

Hardly inaccurate. Nothing i said was inaccurate.

Quote:
Ike HAS ALREADY DONE MORE THAN THOSE PLAYERS, WHICH HAS BEEN MY POINT ALL ALONG. He's already proven he's far better than Hilton or Ryan or Melvin. He's already done that.

And thats irrelevant to me saying his play for the Hornets wont be any better than what those guys did. Ike can prove me wrong, you however in this thread cant.

Quote:
Every time I see you post, you make yourself look more foolish. It's clear you are one of those guys who talks about everything as if you know more than everybody else. I don't comment on things that I don't know. I don't talk about teams that I never watch. You should do that too, because it's clear you are evaluating all 5 players when you don't know wtf you are talking about. I'm done with you and this thread.

You're just ranting off base with assumptions. Your argument is weak so this is all you have to throw out there. I call that filler. A bunch of irrelevant mumbo jumbo to make your post seem like you said something thought provoking, enlightening.




Bottom line for you kid is this. You took my post the wrong way as if I said those scrubs were just as good players as Ike. My post intended to say Ike isnt going to be any better than what those scrubs provided. You obviously refused to grasp this and accept it because you want a moral victory of some sort as if a f*cking ISH Achievement Point will pop on your monitor. Sorry thats not going to happen. The argument isnt about is Ike better than Nelvin Ely. Its will Ike provide anything more to the team than Ely did. I dont think he will. You, still high on Ike feel he will. You know what that means kid? We disagree on Ike's impact for the Hornets and one side feels he'll provide more than what those scrubs did while the other side feels it will be relatively the same. Hence Ike isnt any better based on me not being sold on his "potential" and "talent".

Learn how to argue kid. Now I'll make sure to provide you with some pampers because you will be permanantly butt hurt from this back & forth.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #54
Pharcyde
Big like Magic
 
Pharcyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,284
Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

GOBB, just face it, every single poster on here except you knows that he will get 25-27 minutes a game and average 14 and 10.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #55
yobore
Great college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,519
yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

we jjust gotta wait and see
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #56
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,098
NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
GOBB, just face it, every single poster on here except you knows that he will get 25-27 minutes a game and average 14 and 10.

A little high don't ya think?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #57
Pharcyde
Big like Magic
 
Pharcyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,284
Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
A little high don't ya think?


Uhh, no?
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #58
KobeRules24
Kobe is the assassin
 
KobeRules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 16 NBA Championships!
Posts: 1,052
KobeRules24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

ike diogu is garbage
KobeRules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #59
Copperhead
Local High School Star
 
Copperhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,391
Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

He's better garbage than they previously had though.

All the guy needs to do is go in and spell West a few minutes. No one is looking for him to be an All-Star.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy