Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-03-2007, 01:13 AM   #16
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
And Brohm got allegedly exposed? I'm not sure the great Troy Smith will put up those kind of numbers when they play Florida. That's a pretty solid game.
If he does, it'll be a whole lot more impressive than this. Florida is way better than Wake. But then again, if he does..what will the experts say?
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #17
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish have a terrible defense, which is why Notre Dame lost to both Michigan and USC. It has nothing to do with Quinn as an individual. He has the entire package - Size, Arm Strength, Skills plus he's been able to learn and run a pro offense from Charlie Weiss insanely well. He'll be a top 3 pick in the NFL Draft. Detroit, Cleveland or Oakland will take him, I'll guess Cleveland - Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crenell connection.
So when the team wins, it's a credit toward Quinn, but when they lose, it's the defense fault?
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Am I Banned
So when the team wins, it's a credit toward Quinn, but when they lose, it's the defense fault?

No, Brady Quinn and the Irish can't defeat the top competition in the nation because they operate with an inferior defense. When they win, it's just cause they're better then the other team. If they had a respectable defense, they would be able to compete with Michigan and USC.

An example that just came to me was Peyton Manning and the Colts, not comparing the two, but the situations. This may be bad, but it's what I intially thought of, Manning can lead the Colts over lesser opponents, but when matched with a team generally regarded to as an equal opponent, he doesn't win cause his defense is horrid.

That may be bad, but hopefully you grasp my point.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 AM   #19
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quinn had a terrible game against Michigan. First drive of the game had a pass deflected for an interception return TD and it was all downhill from there.

But yeah, that defense is awful. ND needs to get a top notch defensive coordinator/recruiter. Someone like Zook, but younger.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 AM   #20
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

PleezeBelieve will forever back his boy, Troy Smith. Face reality my man: Smith is not only lacking the height to be a top QB prospect, but he also lacks the arm strength. He can't throw the ball deep consistently. Ginn and Gonzales gets most of their yards after the catch, in turn inflating Troy's numbers. Not to mention OSU's defense giving Troy consistent good field position..

Brady Quinn is 10x the prospect.. are you really that blind?
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ...

Quote:
Florida is way better than Wake. But then again, if he does..what will the experts say?

get a grip, Florida is not all that good compared to Wake. There are no dominant teams anymore.

you probably thought OU would beat Boise by 30 too.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #22
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Brohm > Quinn. But Quinn more than likely will be the first QB snatched off the draft board. And I dont know if Quinn is overrated or overhyped...maybe neither? He's been pressured and sacked a lot this season and you can spin that into many things imo to favor Quinn. Hopefully he isnt another Rick Mirer.

I dont have as much issue with Brady as some fans do. And Brohm didnt get exposed last night. What a silly topic this was and no Texas Batman that isnt me. Stop assuming every banned poster making his return is GoBB. Cant emphasize how I only have 2 usernames here. Insidehoops/Mods can cosign this because they can read my IP. They would have exposed me by now but they havent. Go figure simpleton.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: