Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Just traded Iggy, Odom, and Morrow for Nash and Landry.

Not sure how it's going to turn out, but my team is floundering early on so I had to give it more direction. You guys think I got hosed in this deal or what? I know I gave up a lot.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Just traded Iggy, Odom, and Morrow for Nash and Landry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Not sure how it's going to turn out, but my team is floundering early on so I had to give it more direction. You guys think I got hosed in this deal or what? I know I gave up a lot.

At first glance it looks like you lost on the trade... But it could go either way.

Odom will most likely slow down soon, and Iggy isn't happy in Philly so his play will drop in my opinion (though he may get traded and step up). Morrow can get hot.

Nash will give you consistency points, assists and fg%, Landry as filler.

Not too bad (to me), but it could go either way.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

C-Webb4 has decent reputationC-Webb4 has decent reputation

With the way Iggy is playing you got the best player of the deal (Nash). But of course it all depends on your team needs and all that.
C-Webb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm definately banking on Odom slowing down once Bynum returns, and Iggy continue to be up and down with injuries and chemistry issues.

I'm also banking on Landry improving. He is a positive attitude player and I just don't see guys like Dalembert, Cousins, and Thompson taking his minutes in the long run.

My team leads the league in 3's, so Morrow was expendable... still, Odom and Morrow both had great games last night so I guess we'll see.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
Cards1978
Decent playground baller

Cards1978 has an OK reputation so far

I think it was too much I expect Odom to continue to get most of his minutes the Lakers aren't going to throw Bynum out there for 40 minutes any time soon if ever.
Cards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

If I had to choose a side I'd take Iggy/Odom/Morrow, but that doesnt mean you got hosed, nor does it mean your side couldnt pan out to be the better one. My biggest concerns are Landry's coach, Bynum not being healthy enough to play this season, and Iggy getting traded where he finally gets to be Robin to someone's Batman and flourishes. But there are enough factors in the trade that it can work out for your lineup even if you didnt get the better side. Who are you adding from waivers for the empty spot?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
crazybob60
Can barely lace up my sneakers

crazybob60 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think you got hosed, yes you gave up a little bit much, but at least you still got some players that can produce out of it and still a top tier guy in Nash.
crazybob60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Update:

Iggy playing well. Still scoring a little less than usual.

Odom still beasting, having some monster rebound games.

Morrow is hurt and out for a month.

Nash is beasting on assists.

Landry is borderline waiver wire material. I'm still going to hold on because I think he will improve (positive attitude) as the season moves on.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: