Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: My seeds from 1 through 13 (if I were the committee)

- I think most of us feel the OSU/MSU winner will get the final #1 seed, but I really like Missouri. Only 4 losses and using the eye test, they've been at a higher level for more games than the other two.

- St. Bonaventure looking to screw a bubble team today. Lots of teams rooting for Xavier.

- I think most people believe if UNC loses, the final two #1 seeds will be split between Missouri/Kansas and OSU/MSU, but I like UNC as a #1 seed regardless of if they win or lose today.

- Vandy could be looking at a 5 seed maybe (I think a 6 would be fine) if they beat Kentucky today.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
- I think most of us feel the OSU/MSU winner will get the final #1 seed, but I really like Missouri. Only 4 losses and using the eye test, they've been at a higher level for more games than the other two.

I think they're set at Kentucky, Syracuse, UNC and Kansas.

Big Ten title game finishes too late in the day for committee to consider result. That's been an annual thing, and why the Big 12 and SEC have moved theirs over the course of the last several years. That would mean OSU and MSU are set where they are, both 2s.

My preference would be to reward Mizzou, but I believe the committee will give more weight to Kansas body of work, regular season title, and that Mizzou didn't have to beat them in the conference tourney. Plus KU's computer #s are a lot better. Missouri's non-conference SOS is somewhere around #300.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I think they're set at Kentucky, Syracuse, UNC and Kansas.

Big Ten title game finishes too late in the day for committee to consider result. That's been an annual thing, and why the Big 12 and SEC have moved theirs over the course of the last several years. That would mean OSU and MSU are set where they are, both 2s.

My preference would be to reward Mizzou, but I believe the committee will give more weight to Kansas body of work, regular season title, and that Mizzou didn't have to beat them in the conference tourney. Plus KU's computer #s are a lot better. Missouri's non-conference SOS is somewhere around #300.

The committee chairman has repeatedly stated that they have contingencies for all outcomes. Including the Big 10 tournament final. They simply insert the proper contingency. Game will end around 5:30. Doesn't take half an hour to do that.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
The committee chairman has repeatedly stated that they have contingencies for all outcomes. Including the Big 10 tournament final. They simply insert the proper contingency. Game will end around 5:30. Doesn't take half an hour to do that.

Just going by their history. We'll see.

ETA: UNC and Kentucky fall. Syracuse is a lock.

How do you penalize Kansas if every other #1 comes in off of a loss?

Last edited by JMT : 03-11-2012 at 02:10 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: