Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Darius Johnson Odom Highlights

We got him too in case you all didn't know. Could be one of the steals of the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfMwLHbkk8
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights

Damn, im genuinely impressed

Hope we give this guy a chance, I mean we didn't pay 500grand to the Mavs only to waive the kid.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
kkinchen

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

This guy is a flat out baller. He has an NBA ready game right now.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
kkinchen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKn6D...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyTZ...re=fvwrel&NR=1

This kids a beast.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
This guy is a flat out baller. He has an NBA ready game right now.

I agree in a sense that he has the body to keep up with the NBA physical level. I really enjoyed watching that clip.

Positives:

Super athletic
Great build for NBA
Good scorer from many areas

Negatives:

Not enough footage yet, I need to see his defense. I like players that play on both ends. So far so good though.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I agree in a sense that he has the body to keep up with the NBA physical level. I really enjoyed watching that clip.

Positives:

Super athletic
Great build for NBA
Good scorer from many areas

Negatives:

Not enough footage yet, I need to see his defense. I like players that play on both ends. So far so good though.

Not enough footage but he seems a bit slow with a slow release on his shot too. His moves seem thought out as if he's working on techniques that he hasn't fully mastered yet. He is athletic, I wouldn't call him super athletic, he can dunk but he doesn't get up very high. Yes, solid NBA build is a great thing. Clips show you what went in, not how many he missed....I can't call him a good scorer just off that.......and how many guys light it up in summer league and are crap as pros.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Not enough footage but he seems a bit slow with a slow release on his shot too. His moves seem thought out as if he's working on techniques that he hasn't fully mastered yet. He is athletic, I wouldn't call him super athletic, he can dunk but he doesn't get up very high. Yes, solid NBA build is a great thing. Clips show you what went in, not how many he missed....I can't call him a good scorer just off that.......and how many guys light it up in summer league and are crap as pros.

Yes you are correct. Sorry I just get so excited watching rookies lol.

What position is he anyways? SG?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
kkinchen

Quote:

I disagree. This guy is going to be a perfect fit for the Lakers because he is a defensive stud, and is super athletic. He's clutch too if anyone followed his career at Marquette. This is a real steal for the Lakers. He could come in right now and be the backup for Sessions.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
DKLaker

Quote:
I disagree. This guy is going to be a perfect fit for the Lakers because he is a defensive stud, and is super athletic. He's clutch too if anyone followed his career at Marquette. This is a real steal for the Lakers. He could come in right now and be the backup for Sessions.

We shall see.......or maybe not because Mike Brown may never let him see the floor
Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
We shall see.......or maybe not because Mike Brown may never let him see the floor
Prolly wont even see the bench
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
Prolly wont even see the bench

Old 07-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:

http://www.nbadraftblog.com/2012-art...nson-odom.html

Here is a scouting report on Darius Johnson Odom, It agrees with me that he has a slow shooting release. Evaluating things like this is what I've been paid to do for a very long time. It also mentions his slow move to the basket....the spin move he has is not developed yet and he is mechanical right now.
The scouting report is a good one, he has potential but also much to overcome. Fans don't realize how important a quick release is for NBA players, even more so if you are not very tall. Allowing a defender an extra step gets your shot blocked.....and Odom's release is so slow it immediately jumped out at me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: