Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Golden State/Indiana - Which Trade?

Tinsley
Diener
2nd round pick

for

Harrington

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~9&te= &cash=

Not sure if GS would do this deal since they are so thin up front.

So would they only be interested in something like...

Foster
Tinsley

for

Harrington
Perovic

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature... 9~9&te=&cash=

What with Monta being out now, I would assume they would be more apt to the idea of bringing in another PG outside of Marcus Williams.

If we could do the first trade, ideally, our team would be very nice on paper with...

Rasho/Foster/Hibbert
Harrington/Murphy/Foster/Baston
Granger/Williams/Dunleavy/Harrington/Graham
Dunleavy/Rush/Daniels/Harrington/Granger
Ford/Jack/Daniels

Even with the second deal we're stacked.

Rasho/Hibbert/Murphy
Harrington/Murphy/Baston/Williams
Granger/Williams/Dunleavy/Harrington/Graham
Dunleavy/Rush/Daniels/Harrington/Granger
Ford/Jack/Diener/Daniels

Last edited by catzhernandez : 08-31-2008 at 08:08 PM.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: Golden State/Indiana - Which Trade?

In no way would I send Foster in that deal. Foster is worth more and we could get a lot more for him than just Harrington. Harrington said that hes not happy in GS and wants out. Im sure they're trying to more him also. The trade of Tinsley, Diener and 2nd rounder is a bit better, but I would just keep it at Tinsley and Diener. Considering the fact that Ellis is out with his ankle injury, GS is in need of guards. Theyre only PGs now are Marcus Williams and CJ Watson. Theyre definatley looking for some help.

The only plus I can see for getting Harrington is that he is a $9,226,250 expirer at the end of this season. We definatley wont re-sign him (especially for that kind of money). All Pacer fans should know how Harrington is by now, we've had him play for us 2 different times. If we can get him, just as an expirer, then Im all for the deal
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

harrington wouldn't come back. we dogged him the last time he was here and shipped him out for the 2nd time. they say that the "3rd time is a charm" but not in this case.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Foster>Harrington

Harrington expiring deal>Tinsley

I dont see GS dealing an expiring deal in Harrington for Tinsley. Tinsley has 3 years I believe on his deal and it really wouldnt make sense for them to deal a big for a small. They are going to be banking on Marcus Williams to provide help in the pg spot which I think is a better choice than Tinsley.

I wouldnt deal Foster for Harrington. Foster is not a great defender, but he plays tough and plays inside. He grabs boards and is active on offensive rebounds. I would much rather have his services over Harrington who falls in love with the 3 ball and hates to rebound or play any type of D. GS would do this deal though
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Foster>Harrington

I wouldnt deal Foster for Harrington. Foster is not a great defender, but he plays tough and plays inside. He grabs boards and is active on offensive rebounds. I would much rather have his services over Harrington who falls in love with the 3 ball and hates to rebound or play any type of D. GS would do this deal though

jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: