Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
ween0t
I brick open layups

ween0t has an OK reputation so far
Default monta ellis admits he lied about injury

"According to a team source, the Warriors now know that Ellis' ankle injury _ which was repaired during surgery on Aug. 27 _ was not sustained "in a gym," and "it happened out doors and not while playing basketball.""

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingn...nclick_check=1

Also: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1670
ween0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Sinox
Decent playground baller

Sinox has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: monta ellis admits he lied about injury

I wonder how he got his injury then? playing some other sports or a fight?
I thought he was a good kid, from what i heard he didn't even have one technical foul in his career yet.
Sinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinox
I wonder how he got his injury then? playing some other sports or a fight?
I thought he was a good kid, from what i heard he didn't even have one technical foul in his career yet.

i'm not excusing lying, but he is just a kid. i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often actually.

you have a bunch of 22 year olds earning millions and millions, they don't always have the best judgment and then they get scared.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, lying when you are scared is not something that necessarily makes somebody a bad person. Now if his injury occurred while trying to rape somebody, that would make him a bad person.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i am still pissed the lakers didn't cut Vladimir Radmanovic a couple years ago for lying about his injury.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Now if his injury occurred while trying to rape somebody, that would make him a bad person.

Wonder how that would work...
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not sure, could be many different ways. She attacked him out of self defense, he chased her down a street and stepped badly on a curb, or maybe he just has bad form.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
worldbefree
NYK's comeback 08-09

worldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
i'm not excusing lying, but he is just a kid. i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often actually.

you have a bunch of 22 year olds earning millions and millions, they don't always have the best judgment and then they get scared.

Save your excuses. A 22 year old is more than able to make sound decisions. 5 year olds know the difference from right and wrong. 18 year olds are expected to make life decisions in the military. I was able to make decisions and know the consequences at 22.
worldbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldbefree
Save your excuses. A 22 year old is more than able to make sound decisions. 5 year olds know the difference from right and wrong. 18 year olds are expected to make life decisions in the military. I was able to make decisions and know the consequences at 22.

i never said it was the right thing to do you moron. i said i can see it happening. and i don't think you've ever been in the position of losing $60 million.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldbefree

Nobody is saying this wasn't a bad decision, just that this doesn't automatically make him a bad seed. Eveybody makes mistakes, and this was Monta's. When the league has multiple felons and peoeple who have done real crimes like sexual abuse and drug offenses I can't really get but so down on a guy that made a stupid decision and injured himself and then lied about it.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
worldbefree
NYK's comeback 08-09

worldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
i never said it was the right thing to do you moron. i said i can see it happening. and i don't think you've ever been in the position of losing $60 million.

but he is just a kid

Explain this then.
worldbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected posterchocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected posterchocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Nobody is saying this wasn't a bad decision, just that this doesn't automatically make him a bad seed. Eveybody makes mistakes, and this was Monta's. When the league has multiple felons and peoeple who have done real crimes like sexual abuse and drug offenses I can't really get but so down on a guy that made a stupid decision and injured himself and then lied about it.
But that's just it. When you sign that contract that says that a team is going to pay you $60 million, you have to adhere to certain guidelines. He's not an idiot for lying, but he is a jerk for doing something that could put his financial well being in jeopardy. It's just another example of the me first attitude that is absolutely killing sports. Radmanovic did the same stuff and he's a jerk too. If you want to get paid millions to play a game, it seems silly to do anything to put that in jeopardy.
chocolatethunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
But that's just it. When you sign that contract that says that a team is going to pay you $60 million, you have to adhere to certain guidelines. He's not an idiot for lying, but he is a jerk for doing something that could put his financial well being in jeopardy. It's just another example of the me first attitude that is absolutely killing sports. Radmanovic did the same stuff and he's a jerk too. If you want to get paid millions to play a game, it seems silly to do anything to put that in jeopardy.

how many 40 year olds do you know who would act the same was as ellis and radmanovic? probably not any i'm assuming...

it's a stupid showing in poor judgement, and that's the downside to giving young players so much influence.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #14
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS

But don't you think it is important to actually admit your mistakes when you make them?

Let's say for example that two people are having a heated disagreement on ISH and you are reading the posts. The white person calls the black guy an a s s h o l e but without spacing the letters it looks like ******* and then you wrongly assume that the N-word was used because you are a pot-head.

So then you go and accuse someone of racism because you have chip on your shoulder. Let's say that the person you are accusing ( like just for example, me) then points out to you that I am not that type of person who has those feelings, and that ******* is a 7-letter word and the N-word has six.

Clearly you have made a mistake and someone has taken the time to mention it to you. Isn't it time to admit you were wrong, or do you just continue to ignore it because you are pot-smoking, race-based, ambulance-chasing Al Sharpton wanna-be, *******?

Just a question.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #15
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
But don't you think it is important to actually admit your mistakes when you make them?

Let's say for example that two people are having a heated disagreement on ISH and you are reading the posts. The white person calls the black guy an a s s h o l e but without spacing the letters it looks like ******* and then you wrongly assume that the N-word was used because you are a pot-head.

So then you go and accuse someone of racism because you have chip on your shoulder. Let's say that the person you are accusing ( like just for example, me) then points out to you that I am not that type of person who has those feelings, and that ******* is a 7-letter word and the N-word has six.

Clearly you have made a mistake and someone has taken the time to mention it to you. Isn't it time to admit you were wrong, or do you just continue to ignore it because you are pot-smoking, race-based, ambulance-chasing Al Sharpton wanna-be, *******?

Just a question.

retribution!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: