Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 09-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Livingston Signing+Possible Upcoming Trade?

I've read several rumors that state that Portland is the favorite to sign former LA Clipper point guard Shaun Livingston to a guaranteed contract.

Livingston is a 6'7 point guard that the Clippers took straight out of high school three years ago. He had a HORRIFIC knee injury two seasons ago and hasn't played since. Knee injuries scare a team (and their fans!!!), but regardless, that would leave us with four point guards.

However I also read that Livingston probably wouldn't be a player for THIS season - another article said that Livingston would be fortunate to achieve 80% of his previous speed/quickness.

But the Blazers did go see him in Chicago and then worked him out again in Portland.

As far as I know, he's never had any negative, off the court issues.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Livingston Signing+Possible Upcoming Trade?

That they worked out Livingston is interesting, but where do you get this "Possible Upcoming Trade" bit?

They can sign him without a trade. Livingston would be the 15th contract.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

How sweet a backcourt of B-Roy and Shaun Livingston would be. They could be the Twin Tower back court since both ot them are 6'7.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
GO_Blazers44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GO_Blazers44 has an OK reputation so far

I think this could be a great pick up. They could prolly sign him to a small contract and if he can come back from that injury that would be a huge pick up.
GO_Blazers44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

WTF! I leave for 24 hours to go to a Kid Rock concert and I come home to see this! I think it could be worth the risk. Low risk, high reward type move if it happens.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
WTF! I leave for 24 hours to go to a Kid Rock concert and I come home to see this! I think it could be worth the risk. Low risk, high reward type move if it happens.

Agreed. The contract would need some sort of opt-out for the Blazers if he blows out that knee again.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
That they worked out Livingston is interesting, but where do you get this "Possible Upcoming Trade" bit?

They can sign him without a trade. Livingston would be the 15th contract.

My bad - I just noticed the error in my Title line, there should have been an '=' sign instead of a '+' sign, followed by the question mark.

My original intent was to report the possible signing of Livingston and then ask the question "If we do sign him, does this indicate that we might working on a trade?"

Outside of message boards, I haven't heard anything about the Blazers being involved in any substantial trade talks.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: