Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Who's going to be in the D-League?

Jazz have 3 players eligible. Almond probably is the most NBA ready but he's in a long line for playing time. Jazz are thin up front but whoever isn't in the D-League of the 3 will probably be in a suit anyway so the two big guys would make the most sense I'd think.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: Who's going to be in the D-League?

I would bring Almond up for now. If there in an injury, we might need a big man, but that can be taken care of if it happens. I don't want to see Almond get too used to being a focal point of the offense. I think he knows the system now, if he is brought up it would be good to have him run sets with team and get used to hitting the occasional jumper.

Koufus and Fes can battle it out in the D-League. They should split the minutes evenly at center and give each a sporting chance to prove they can be insurance after next summer's negotiations (Milsap, Boozer, Okur, Collins). If either makes the team, they wouldn't get any development this year behind the others.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
if he is brought up it would be good to have him run sets with team and get used to hitting the occasional jumper

You mean in practice right? If everyones healthy one of the 3 will be in a suit and tie at the games.

Quote:
They should split the minutes evenly at center and give each a sporting chance to prove they can be insurance after next summer's negotiations (Milsap, Boozer, Okur, Collins). If either makes the team, they wouldn't get any development this year behind the others.

I'd think they'd be able to play together some. Koufos plays on the perimeter right? Did they play together in the summer league?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
You mean in practice right? If everyones healthy one of the 3 will be in a suit and tie at the games.
Yup, that's what I had in mind.

Quote:
I'd think they'd be able to play together some. Koufos plays on the perimeter right? Did they play together in the summer league?
Yeah, Koufos does play high post. You're right, they were on the floor together a lot in the RMR. I hope Lyde is back, the three of them can play a 3 man rotation for the Flash. I love Lyde!
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: