Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Default Carter's assignment - Keep everyone happy

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10683339

I tell you how happy he can make others. By sitting on bench , AI playing PG & JR. Smith as SG..

A team should play to the best of its capabilities. They should base their starting line up on their best players available. AI might be better at SG, but he can play the PG as one of the best in bussiness..

Smith at SG is superior talent to Carter on PG..So Karl must ****ing play AI - Smith together..

God, I cant believe Carter will still be starter. He is the weakest link in this team IMO...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Carter's assignment - Keep everyone happy

ac as the starting pg on this team is nowhere near the right thing to do

the reason must be defensively, but i still contend that jr would have less defensive mismatches than ac- sure jr would have a harder time against paul & williams, but who doesnt? against atleast 20 of the teams jr would have a better matchup than ac

to think that ac belongs as a starter is also doing ac wrong- he could be effective in 8-10 mpg of defensive pressure- asking him to play 30 mins a night is asking way way to much of him

i also believe that iverson has the ability to attempt to cover any of the point gaurds- if he used his famous "heart" & "desire" on defense the nugs wouldnt be in the position of having to play the 13th man as the starting pg

the reason iverson doesnt play pg for this team is defense not offense- who cares what ai does on offense, playing him at pg would save time for the rest of the scorers & less doubles for everyone w ac not on the floor - the whole problem is iverson either wont or cant cover anyone other than the other teams last option- i think its that he wont, i think he could-

this rotating the entire team around to hide ai on defense has to end or the defensive probems will not go away- kmart can not play 2 or 3 on defense- we dont have the f's to allow kmart to do that, he has to go back to covering posts this season-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Default Re: Carter's assignment - Keep everyone happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10683339
They should base their starting line up on their best players available.
I disagree. Having their best players start makes the bench weaker and we need that offensive spark off the bench. We just need a new PG all together...

I think we need to see this team play before we assess who should start, which is exactly what the preseason is for. Look at Ginobili with the spurs. You don't think spurs fans would rather have ginobili start than finley? Of course not, but it's that instant offense off the bench that's so deadly. If JR came off the bench and played 30-33 minutes per game, I'd be satisfied.

Last edited by OneMoreSucka : 10-10-2008 at 01:19 PM.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: