Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default delfino > parker, kapono, moon, graham

I am definitely missing carlos.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: delfino > parker, kapono, moon, graham

Quote:
delfino > moon, graham

fixed.

He is not better than Parker.. first of all.

I'm not to sure about Kapono vs Delfino but I like Kapano better.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

The one thing delfino could that NONE of those 4 could do is ..... CREATE FOR THERE SELF, parker only comes off screens, Kapono tries to hard to create for his self LOL, Moon is just a fast break finisher and graham is graham ..... Delfino would create for others as well which was great ..... he was decent but better than nothing!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Delfino > Kapono, Moon, Graham

Not Parker.

Kapono gets what? $5.5-6 million per? I'd much rather give Delfino that kind of money than him. I've now realized the depth he gave the Raptors at the 2 and 3 spots was underrated. Yes, his shot selection was terrible but he was better off the dribble than any current Raptors wing player. He was also a good rebounder and solid on D at times.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Delfino > Kapono, Moon, Graham

Not Parker.

Kapono gets what? $5.5-6 million per? I'd much rather give Delfino that kind of money than him. I've now realized the depth he gave the Raptors at the 2 and 3 spots was underrated. Yes, his shot selection was terrible but he was better off the dribble than any current Raptors wing player. He was also a good rebounder and solid on D at times.

Ya your 100% right ..... everyteam has a guard who can create for there self's and others .... TORONTO RAPTORS DO NOT!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
fixed.

He is not better than Parker.. first of all.

I'm not to sure about Kapono vs Delfino but I like Kapano better.

Delfino > Kapono. Kapono is nothing but a three point shooter, while Delfino could do everything. Slashing, Shooting, Defense, Rebounding, Passing, etc..
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

I feel more strongly about this now than before.
Kapono is one dimensional
Moon is great but he only had one good year.
Graham is graham
Parker is possibly the most overrated player on this team.

Everyone always says what a great defender AP is and how he always has to guard the other teams best player. Well 1 that isn't true. He never guards kevin garnett or yao ming or tim duncan. he guards the opposing teams best swing (2/3) player because that is the position he plays. Kobe also guards opposing teams best swing players, so do most teams best swing players.

Night in night out AP gets torched by those players.
It really hit me last night when he was interviewed and owned up to the fact that he makes it easier for those players by not making them work on their defensive end (because his offense is usually invisible). Delfino is not a great player, he is just the best we had at that position.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

I have ALWAYS said delfino is the most underrated player! (see my posts in other threads)

beginning of last year, i told a lot of ppl that i think it will be delfino's breakout year.. didn't think Smitch used him properly last season...
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Delfino was our toughest player last year by a long shot. He was never intimidated and drove hard regardless of who was guarding the basket. He and JO together I think would have been magnificient.

Delfino had the cajones to drive to the basket unlike our current wings who are allergic to contact.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #10
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

I miss Delfino as well. I even started a post before or around when the season started stating he was going to be missed. Watching Kapono guard Pierce in the Boston game made made me wish he was still on the team. Ditto the game where Solomon had 7 TO's.

At the very least he gave the wing position a lot more depth seeing as he had a lot of skills to contribute. Ie. Shooting, slashing, Defending and playing some point.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #11
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

right now, we are definitely missing that extra wing
he gave us solid play last season rebounding from the wing and being able to guard multiple positions.
he just wasn't worth the money that it would have taken to re-sign him.
He's the highest paid player in Europe right now.

On an interesting note, BC Khimki has 4 former raptors on heir squad for 08-09 now: Milt Palacio, Jerome Moiso, Garbo and Carlos. Just thought that was interesting haha
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Agree with all the posters above. Miss Carlos big time! Loved his toughness, defence, rebounding even the streakiness that at times last year took over games by the quickness in which he racked up points. It really is unfortunate that some Russian team decided to make him the highest paid player in Europe. I don't blame him or the Raps for his decision to take a $10mill a year contract. However his slashing ability had to be replaced and wasn't. At this time it appears to be the biggest downfall this season for Brian Colangelo's group. He could try to pry Fernandez away from Portland as one poster suggested. I think that would solve most every problem, but still not replace Carlos ability to be a tough defender. My personal fav to solve all that ails the Raps is Ron Artest, can really defend and pretty much do it all, but would be hard to get now that Houston has him. Brian is going to have to go over the cap this year and replace Delfino with someone. The Raps have a very short window here to do something really big while both Bosh and Jermaine are still near the top of their game. Boston is well over the cap and if we are serious about contending we would have to be, also!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #13
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Its funny that everyone misses Delfino.

Last year you all hated him. called him a chucker and what not.

I always liked him, he was fearless and would take the ball to the hole when noone else would. He would be our best perimeter defender if he was here right now.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

http://www.ballineurope.com/womens-b...fuses-to-play/ Isn't this interesting, Carlos refused to play last night cause he's not getting paid and his club team is in danger of going bankrupt. Maybe he sues someone and comes back to the Raps at a reasonable price. Let there be hope!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Though a lot of European teams are reputable, this is an all too common occurance. I hope Delfino comes back.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: