Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Crawford for Horford

I would be getting Horford.

Outside of 1 bad game from Jamal, he's been insane in terms of scoring/3's and even FG% has been solid.

Horford playing bad....no smoove in town for a month though.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Re: Crawford for Horford

How badly do you need a C? Horford has been weak, but his game without Smoov last night was very solid. I seem to remember you being a bit dependent on Crawford's assists and threes as well, but maybe I'm wrong?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
How badly do you need a C? Horford has been weak, but his game without Smoov last night was very solid. I seem to remember you being a bit dependent on Crawford's assists and threes as well, but maybe I'm wrong?

I lost Tparker for a month, and yes Jamal's 3's make a big impact on me. Horford and Jamal actually get similar dimes, but obviously that won't remain the same. I don't need a C in terms of position, it's getting the extra bds and blks, less TOs.

Basically I would move to the top in blks and bds (10 and 10 from say 7 and 7), and fall to middle of the pack in 3's (9 to a 5/6) and scoring.

But, how good could Jamal be with D'Antoni. I looked at some numbers without that 0-6 stinker, and he's like 48% FG!!....23 ppg and 3.8 3's! I know you have to count every game, but he's overall been very good.

Horford can't remain at 8 and 8....so it's a tough call for me.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

What about Beasley for Crawford?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
runningdonut
I airball my layups

runningdonut has an OK reputation so far

Personally I would stick with Jamal. I have Horford and Beasley on my team, I would probably trade either of them for Crawford right now. So I think you have the better player right now but it's a tough call
runningdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningdonut
Personally I would stick with Jamal. I have Horford and Beasley on my team, I would probably trade either of them for Crawford right now. So I think you have the better player right now but it's a tough call

I know what you're saying. It's roto, so it's really a category call. I have Mike Miller, Jax, Dirk, Calderon, RJ hitting 3's....Marquis gets a bit (filling in for Tony Parker). Could use the extra bds/blks and FG% (in theory with Beasley). But, I like Jamal a lot also, would keep him, but IMO Jax/Miller are too much to give up for Horford/Beasley types.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
runningdonut
I airball my layups

runningdonut has an OK reputation so far

Cool man you got a solid team and I can see why you wanna trade being fine with scoring and 3s, my team actually needs that right now.

I would favor Beasley over Horford slightly in your situation. He is a lock to get more playing time and this guy is great all around, great percentages too. Horford is going to be bigger on boards and blocks and it's a good time to get him now with smoove out. I really like the upside with Beasley though this guy has been one of the most solid dudes on my team so far
runningdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

I'd rather you had Horford over Beasley. Horford's numbers will go up without Smoov, and they'll stay up IMO with some newfound confidence and opportunity.

That said, I think you stick with Crawford. He's gonna continue to light it up, and his value in a month from now will bring a bigger prize than Horford.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

My league is really tough to make deals in...we've been going at it for 7 years now.

I just don't know who else I could target. I am going to teams that need 3's. One has Dalembert, but I think I would rather have Beasley....I don't need THAT many bds/blks. The other GM needs 3's bad...but wouldn't do Dre for Jamal straight up...but he's considering Horford.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

Beasley for Crawford was accepted!!

On paper, in terms of my roto standings, it helps my team a lot. Time will tell.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Nice!

What round was Beasley taken in? Might be a good keeper for the future as well, I cant remember who your keepers were this year but he's gotta be near the top of the list.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Nice!

What round was Beasley taken in? Might be a good keeper for the future as well, I cant remember who your keepers were this year but he's gotta be near the top of the list.

He was taken in the 6th round I think this year, so that means I'd get him next year in the 6th round...which is nice!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: