Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far
Default Bargnani not on block!

According to a FAN590 interview by Colangelo this afternoon. From his discussion he still likes Bargnani.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Bargnani not on block!

smoke and mirrors
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I hope he's lying.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

So is Bosh leaving? It's one or the other Bryan!
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Delusional freak, 2 good games lately but majority of the time this year he is an aweful struggle. his rotation within the team has no place for him. SF, Back up PF, C, starting Pf, etc. Bargnani and Parker are both good pieces together of talent to acquire something big.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

You really can't read anything into that. Bryan admitting Bargs is on the block only lessen his trade leverage. I don't know that he isn't...but GM's claim players are immovable the day before a trade all of the time.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

You can listen to the MAN himself and draw your own conclusions:

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...5_162043_28740
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

[quote=. Bargnani and Parker are both good pieces together of talent to acquire something big.[/QUOTE]

Meh, not really...Colangelo might be planning to just ride it out this year (which sucks, but I don't think we wanna do anything crazy). Bargs HAS potential..seriously, the dudes simply confused and still developing but won't get **** on the trade market at this point in time. Cut him some slack, and just hope he can get good enough to maybe start at the 5 when JO is gone (Cause I know BC is).

I guess we will most likey see BC do something however, perhaps just a little tinkering with depth trying to find that diamond in the rough come the deadline. Maybe find a taker for parker's contract...W/e simply put, we're kinda skrewed...
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just finished listening, and none of that really told me that Bargs is not on the block. To me, it sounds like he feels that Bargs needs consistent minutes at one position. The 3 obviously isn't a successful position for him, and he's not gonna get any consistent minutes at the 4 because of Bosh, so the only way that Bargs gets the 35 mins a game that Colangelo was talking about are either to limit JO to about 20 minutes a game or to trade one of them.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

bargs has played well the last 3 games, now is the time to package him and send him off to Golden State! There is no way that Nelson is going to keep all his wings but give up on a fake-Dirk
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Colangelo is going down with the ship in regards to Bargnani. The only way Bargnani is leaving the Raptors is if Colangelo is no longer the GM or he dies.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Colangelo still doesn't want to admit he made a BIG MISTAKE
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #13
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Colangelo still doesn't want to admit he made a BIG MISTAKE

nope he won't...

he might trade AP , but what i really like to see is BC gettin' some kind of return via dumping Kapono's contract.. that would impress me, and i will forgive him for drafting Bargs
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #14
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well he's not supposed to just admit his mistake. That would be silly. I would hope that he is just waiting until the absolute best possible deal comes along but I'm getting the feeling that it's not the case. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Colangelo is doing anything to cater to Bargnani being in the starting lineup whether it locks the Raptors into mediocrity or not.

Obviously it's just speculation on my part but it doesn't sound too crazy to me based on what we've seen happen with this team.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #15
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Three games in a row that Bargs has been the best defensive player on the floor for the Raps. He's starting to look like Zdeno Charra of the Bruins controlling the defensive zone, he's everywhere! Now he's scoring allmost 20 a game too. Why we would trade him at all is beyond my comprehension. Last year i woulda run him out of town myself, but now i think it would be a HUGE mistake.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: