Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation
Default Who is the MVP so far?

Closing in on the half point of the season and it still isn't clear who the MVP is of this team. Early on I would've said Tayshaun, but I think he has come back to Earth. Iverson has probably been the most consistent, but he definitely hasn't played great. Stuckey has looked spectacular one game and very average the next, and he had a mediocre start to the season when he was coming off the bench. Rip and Sheed have been hurt too much, and nobody else has really gotten consistent enough minutes to count.

I'm just gonna have to give it Stuckey cause he was very important to the 7 game win streak which has so far been the highlight of a mostly forgettable season.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation
Default Re: Who is the MVP so far?

To me it's between Stuck and AI,
I think I'd have to go with AI though, because he's good when you need him, whereas Stuckeys great when you don't need him :P
Whether or not that's linked is what I don't know ;)
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Prince, only starter (other than stuckey) who's actually improved from last year. Having the best season of his career if you ask me. I also think he is the one player that never completely sucks in a game and never has the finger pointed at him when there's a loss. I'd say no to AI who has obviously struggled and has not done what he was asked to do when he came, maybe stuckey but he's kinda sloppy on defense and can be inconsistent.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since AI basically killed this team, much like he did the Nuggets I think it's hard to use MVP of a team in the same sentence as him. Stuckey has been more of an unsung hero I think. I would have to go with Prince who is obviously playing out of position and making the most of it.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I disagree that AI has killed the team. Certainly guys playing out of position is a problem, but that isn't AI's fault. Pistons just have the wrong mix of guys right now.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Its Currys fault. He has no balls so he won't bench Rip.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
I disagree that AI has killed the team. Certainly guys playing out of position is a problem, but that isn't AI's fault. Pistons just have the wrong mix of guys right now.

I agree completely.

The rotations and line-ups are a horrible train wreck.

As for team MVP, I'm going to say Stuckey. He is having a great sophomore season and has had amazing games and has contributed to our limited success.

But in the same stroke, I could go with Prince, as he has been a focal point the whole season, and he has been pretty consistent. I am starting to have concerns though with his physical condition… he has been currently logging in 40+ minutes regularly and don't forget he just spent the summer in China as a member of the olympic team and take into consideration, that Prince has played pretty much 100 games for 5 seasons (could have been 6 if Carlisle wasn't so stubborn about playing Curry)
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: