Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-30-2006, 01:21 AM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Exclamation Exclusive! Kings sign Maurice Taylor!

I was talking to my real estate agent yesterday, and we started talking about the Kings. and then he says he is working for Maurice Taylor to find a home in Granite Bay, because the Kings had signed him. i was like.."Are you serious?" so the media probably has not gotten a hold of this yet.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:09 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I doubt it and we have no need for that scrub anyway.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
Targus™
Good college starter

another dumb move imo if it is true, which I think it is, they have just gone over the luxury tax, right?
Old 09-30-2006, 03:47 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I don't think it's over the luxury tax depending on how small the contract is, but it BETTER be small because if it's not I am going to be sooooo pissed. The whole reason we didn't get anything back for Bonzi in a small S&T deal was the damn luxury tax, and then if we go and spend 2 million or whatever on this loser the Maloofs don't get a few million dollars bonus the NBA gives teams that are under the tax. So I would think that means Geoff just didn't sign Bonzi because his feelings were hurt that Bonzi rejected our offer... just saying...
Old 09-30-2006, 03:51 AM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I read on the real gm boards that Carmichael Dave said we might sign him or something like that.

So the question is, has Petrie lost his mind!?
Old 09-30-2006, 04:01 AM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

i dont know...but this isnt the goeff petrie that we know...thats for sure.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:22 AM   #7
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
i dont know...but this isnt the goeff petrie that we know...thats for sure.

Yeah the Geoff we knew was the Geoff that selected Peja with like the 14th pick, the one that signed Vlade, the one that mugged the Wizards in the Mitch for CWebb trade, the one that got Doug without losing a core player(I think), the one that got Mike Bibby for freaking Jason Williams, the one who found a hidden young talent in Bobby Jackson when Bobby just hadn't had the chance to show what he could do, the one that found a hustler in Pollard, I mean what happened to THAT Geoff!?

Now he's reduced himself to picking up the scraps of the raps(Salmons and Woods) and the Knicks(Mo freaking Taylor) and trading a 20/10 guy for Kenny freakin Thomas and Potapenko and Scoreless Williamson. His drafting has still been pretty good but everything else it's like he's on some weed or something lately.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:31 AM   #8
Buck
I airball my layups

Hey guys, try not to get too pushed out of shape by Geoff's latest decision (if it is more than a rumor.) As you may know, it has been customary for the Kings to go into training camp with 20 players. At last count, there were l7--so it is not inconceiveable that Taylor could have been invited. As in previous years, anyone not making the l5 man roster will be waived. There is no "big money" involved here.

NOTE: I strongly believe that Petrie's off season decisions were practical. Sure, he possibly could have made moves to improve the roster in the near term but it would have still left us trailing the elite teams. It was a matter of getting a little better this year or a lot better in future years. I like the way the roster has evolved. Within a year, the rebuilding will be complete.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

hope not... Reef and Kenny are enough...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

I hope you are wrong I was waiting for the Buy-out and was hoping the Laker's may have a shot of picking him up. If you check is career stats this guy only had two bad seasons but with two really bad team. And I believe this year who ever picks him up is going to be one lucky team. I say he will be averaging 10 Pt's and 5 rebs or better by the middle of the season.
But health might be an issue.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

well i hope not too........ and correct me if am wrong....when u claim guys off waivers...dnt u accept their old contracts??? aswell...... hence which will put over the lux tax ... but the only good thing about it is he is an expiring so then again i think it would be a lil practical......also if this is done then it clearly shows that geoff really doesnt like bonzi and didnt want to help him n any form...to get the money what he wanted..... i also dnt see the need for mo how ever i do like his game and is one on one defense hopefully we sign him and get rid of kenny.... then have enough expirings to do for a allstar calibre pf ......or this is some kind of move to aquire melvin ely???? we bring in mo taylor to send to bobcats along with jason hart 4 ely?? n a s&t bobcats signs ely...... i dnt know what the world is going on but i know this has to be a move to that would explain not resignin bonzi..or atleast makin us look like a playoff team again or even contenders.... i sense geoff has sumthin up his sleeves
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

are your real estate agents initials "P.T." ?
I think i might now who your talking about and he is a decent source. He's a family friend.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Hey guys, try not to get too pushed out of shape by Geoff's latest decision (if it is more than a rumor.) As you may know, it has been customary for the Kings to go into training camp with 20 players. At last count, there were l7--so it is not inconceiveable that Taylor could have been invited. As in previous years, anyone not making the l5 man roster will be waived. There is no "big money" involved here.

NOTE: I strongly believe that Petrie's off season decisions were practical. Sure, he possibly could have made moves to improve the roster in the near term but it would have still left us trailing the elite teams. It was a matter of getting a little better this year or a lot better in future years. I like the way the roster has evolved. Within a year, the rebuilding will be complete.

You know somethin we don't here?
Old 09-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

doubt it. He is just an optimistic fan.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:43 PM   #15
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
doubt it. He is just an optimistic fan.

Yeah probably.

Bigboi have you heard anything about this Mo Taylor signing? I'm beginning to think it won't happen(hopefully).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: