Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default May 3: Heat at Hawks, Game 7 (Round 1)

Miami at Atlanta, 1 p.m. ET -- The AP reports: A seven-game series is supposed to be the ultimate playoff thriller. So, what can we say about this Miami-Atlanta matchup? Yawn. Even with Dwyane Wade playing a starring role, the Heat and the Hawks have managed to wring all the drama out of a to-the-limit series that—mercifully— will be decided Sunday in Atlanta. If creating a bit of excitement was required for advancement, neither of these teams would get a chance to face LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the second round. The playoffs: Where boring happens... They certainly haven’t bothered to show up in tandem. The Hawks have won their three games by an average of 17 points; the Heat’s average margin of victory is a staggering 23 points. Three games have been decided by at least 26; none has been closer than 10 at the end... The Hawks hope Al Horford’s gimpy right ankle has recovered enough for him to come through. The second-year center went down with a sprain in Game 5 and didn’t play Friday, but he’ll be back in the lineup for the clincher.

DISCUSS THE GAME! ENJOY IT!
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: May 3: Heat at Hawks, Game 7 (Round 1)

I agree with the article there. This series was supposed to be amazing and awesome, I thought itd be one of the best...but it really hasnt lived up to the hype. I will be watching this game, cheering for the Heat.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
zabuza666
Local High School Star

zabuza666 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I agree with the article there. This series was supposed to be amazing and awesome, I thought itd be one of the best...but it really hasnt lived up to the hype. I will be watching this game, cheering for the Heat.

Agreed, this series has sucked. Hopefully game 7 will be close, cause I can't see either team having many close ones with the Cavs

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-03-2009 at 01:46 AM.
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak

Wait. Are you a Mavs fan?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #5
Bush4Ever
Local High School Star

Bush4Ever has decent reputation

I hope Wade carries the day, so we can see a Wade/Lebron semi.

Other than that, I don't really care about either of these teams, to be honest.

Bush4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #6
CvsFan
I brick open layups

CvsFan has an OK reputation so far

Hawks will win by 10+, they are better team than the Heat.
CvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #7
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabuza666
Agreed, this series has sucked. Hopefully game 7 will be close, cause I can't see either team having many close ones with the Cavs

Why was this edited by insidehoops.com?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #8
d-wade2923
Kids at the park dunk on me

d-wade2923 has an OK reputation so far

Joel Anthony will lead the heat to VICTORY!!!!!!!
d-wade2923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 AM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Both games all they are talking about is Al Horford.

Last game it was all press about Horford playing/not playing, and now leading into game 7, its the same thing. I didn't hear anything about J.O. sitting out until tip off. You'd think Horford was having a great series, or the 6 time all-star, or the guy making more money than Wade... not J.O.

Does anyone have any word on the status of J.O. for game 7?
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #10
iTruWarrior
Banned

iTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation here

Hawks win this...It's at Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprise if the Heat win though since they have Wade.
iTruWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvsFan
Hawks will win by 10+, they are better team than the Heat.

Heat will win by 10, they are (a) better team than the Hawks.

Great explanation as to why that is. They are better cause I say so.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:25 AM   #12
SIRI1

SIRI1 has decent reputationSIRI1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Does anyone have any word on the status of J.O. for game 7?
Chris Perkins of the Palm Beach Post doesnt think JO will play
Quote:
I’d be shocked if Jermaine O’Neal gets medical clearance to play Sunday’s Game 7 at Atlanta. Officially, O’Neal, who has a concussion, is listed as day-to-day and a game-time decision. He did some light shooting on Saturday, but he didn’t look like he was all there.

Not only is he still in a fog — the offshoot of taking an elbow from Zaza Pachulia in Game 5 — but O’Neal, who missed Game 6, seems to be looking beyond basketball on this one.

“I found out the severity by talking to the doctors this morning,” he said Saturday, a couple of hours before the Heat flew to Atlanta.

As O’Neal spoke, his eyes so sensitive to light that TV cameramen were asked not to use the light on top of their cameras, he talked in measured tones about how this injury was about his brain and his future and his family.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c...e_oneal_2.html
SIRI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The level this series has sucked is beyond measure. It's not even physical, it's just poorly played with an occasional cheap shot here and there. I just hope whoever gets by this series puts up at least a somewhat reasonable fight against cleveland because right now it looks like another sweep.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

bye heat
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #15
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Wait. Are you a Mavs fan?
Nope.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: