Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 05-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Rodriguez

My connection right now is really week, but I saw that Sergio is once again making statements to Spanish sources that a change needs to take place - i'm guessing he'll be a guy we look to use in any trade we might be coming up with.

Who needs a solid PG???

Sacramento - the Beno Udrih situation isn't panning out for them.
Miami - Don't know that Mario Chalmers is the PG they want alongside Wade
Atlanta - if they don't re-sign Bibby
Philly - if they don't re-sign Andre Miller
Houston - this would be kind of ironic, but I'm not sure who they have playing behind Aaron Brooks
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rodriguez

I read somewhere that he is looking at houses in New York. Please let there be a Sergio/Frye/picks deal in the works for David Lee. Please.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

And have Lee as our backup PF/Center??? I like - anything with Channing and Lee would have to be a sign and trade deal. Would Lee want to / be willing to be a backup though??? LaMarcus gets most of the PF minutes and we've Joel and Greg at center.....
Old 05-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
And have Lee as our backup PF/Center??? I like - anything with Channing and Lee would have to be a sign and trade deal. Would Lee want to / be willing to be a backup though??? LaMarcus gets most of the PF minutes and we've Joel and Greg at center.....

I'm just playing around. It would be ideal for us, but probably not for Lee. Though if Lee would have been on contract for 2 more years before being a free agent, then the timing would have been great, because in 2 years with Oden's development, I'm assuming Przybilla would be expendable creating a 3 man rotation of Aldridge/Oden/Lee. I would drool all over that assuming Oden develops into what many of us still believe he could be. But as it is, Przybilla isn't expendable right now, so there wouldn't be enough minutes to go around.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #5
Orzowei
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Orzowei has an OK reputation so far

There is not much to say before the draft. Dantoni likes very much Sergio for the NYs styles but..... if they are able to pick Ricky in the draft....

And the rest of the teams have the same uncertainty. After the draft everything will be clearer. Anyway Portland could use some of its young talented players to get some ones with enought experience to aspire to the title in a year or two. I really trust in Kevin Pritchard.
Orzowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

It will be interesting to see who ends up winning the "Blake Griffin" sweepstakes......where Ricky Rubio goes.....who goes third.....will be interested in the final draft scenario as well. I'll have to go look up when the lottery selection is......
Old 05-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

NBA Draft Lottery is 19 May 09 - probably on TNT.

Lottery "Odds"

Sacramento
Washington
LA Clippers
OK City
Minnesota
Memphis
Golden State
New York
Toronto
Milwaukee
New Jersey
Charlotte
Indiana
Phoenix
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
Myth

Man, I hope Griffin goes to the East coast so we don't have to deal with him. I hate the idea of him Durant possibly being on the Thunder together, or Griffin and OJ Mayo. I'm hoping Washington can land that #1 spot.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

The only teams in the West having Griffin land with that wouldn't bother me are Sacramento or Minnesota.

Sacramento because despite the fact that he's a Kings' player and not a Blazer, I like Spencer Hawes and would like to see him get some help down there.

I think it would be HILARIOUS to see him land with the T-Wolves...they're three best players would then all be power forwards / undersized centers!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Man, I hope Griffin goes to the East coast so we don't have to deal with him. I hate the idea of him Durant possibly being on the Thunder together, or Griffin and OJ Mayo. I'm hoping Washington can land that #1 spot.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #10
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

I hope he goes to New York. I get frustrated at Sergio a lot, but I really want him to play well... and I think the only way that happens is if he goes to another team.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

I think he improved drastically this year, but his style of play tends to generate a lot of mistakes with this team's playing style. He like to run, but the team doesn't run as much as others, and it's cramping his style. He's can't really show what he's capable of, mostly because Blake meshes so well with the team's style, and plays reletively mistake-free ball. When Sergio was in the game one could easily tell that he was nervous most of the time, and I think it was because he knew that if he made any mistakes Steve would be up off the bench tute-suite.

I think he's got it in him to play consistently good ball, just not in P-town.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #12
Orzowei
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Orzowei has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
I hope he goes to New York. I get frustrated at Sergio a lot, but I really want him to play well... and I think the only way that happens is if he goes to another team.
New York will choose 8th in the draft and probably he will not able to choose Ricky or Brandon Jennings. Good news for Sergio.
Orzowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orzowei
New York will choose 8th in the draft and probably he will not able to choose Ricky or Brandon Jennings. Good news for Sergio.

Any suggestion on what the Knicks would be sending our way???
Old 05-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
Any suggestion on what the Knicks would be sending our way???

Lets package him with Outlaw and Frye and go for Lee
Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I read somewhere that he is looking at houses in New York. Please let there be a Sergio/Frye/picks deal in the works for David Lee. Please.

I don't think David Lee would be an ideal fit for the Blazers especially off the bench. His offensive numbers are an illusion as he has little to no post game, can't shoot for **** and gets most his points off put backs. I would agree to adding him to the roster if Greg Oden showed he could be relied on in the blocks but he can't and three of your four big men in your rotation can not be offensive liabilities because it'll make the offense very one demensional.

Plus, David Lee is not that athletic. Yes, he won the McDonalds All American slam dunk contest but have you seen it? It's a joke. He can not run with the Blazers second team and I don't think he could move the ball with them very well either.

But Sergio out of Portland is always good. I think we both have been saying this for near two years now.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: