Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default 2009 All-NBA teams are official

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4326

LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, the 2008-09 Most Valuable Player, was a unanimous selection to the 2008-09 All-NBA First Team, the NBA announced today. Joining James on the First Team are Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic, Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat.

The All-NBA Second Team consists of New Orleans’ Chris Paul and Portland’s Brandon Roy at guard, San Antonio’s Tim Duncan and Boston’s Paul Pierce at forward, and Houston’s Yao Ming at center.

The All-NBA Third Team includes Denver’s Chauncey Billups and San Antonio’s Tony Parker at guard, Denver’s Carmelo Anthony and the Los Angeles Lakers’ Paul Gasol at forward, and Phoenix’s Shaquille O’Neal at center.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
greensborohill
High School Varsity 6th Man

greensborohill has decent reputation
Default Re: 2009 All-NBA teams are official

Funny, Duncan can be a center for All-Defensive team purposes, but a Forward for All-NBA team purposes. . . . . make up your freakin' mind!!
greensborohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Alright BRoy. All NBA 2nd Team, just like I was hoping.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster

Paul Pierce All-NBA 2nd Team?
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Sammobile
Die Hard Hornet

Sammobile has not been impressing people

Chris Paul 2nd Team WTF
Sammobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Wow. So far, I have no big problems with that list. Maybe Duncan should go over Dirk, but I really don't think thats big of a deal.
guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good to see both Billups and Melo making the 3rd team. I don't agree with Paul being on the 2nd team but who can you take him out to put him in there? Either way looks pretty solid to me
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Funny, Duncan can be a center for All-Defensive team purposes, but a Forward for All-NBA team purposes. . . . . make up your freakin' mind!!

All D teams dont have to follow any position I dont think. ive seen 3 guard teams. 3 forward. Not sure ive seen 2 center teams though so....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Looks like a pretty good list to me, no real objections.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
All D teams dont have to follow any position I dont think. ive seen 3 guard teams. 3 forward. Not sure ive seen 2 center teams though so....

I'm sure they somewhat follow positions. If they didn't, there is no way Hakeem or Robinson would've ever been on the 2nd team.
guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #11
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Dirk no way jose.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Lucky for Shaq that its that way, otherwise he would have gotten bumped with Duncan getting the 2nd team spot, Yao getting the 3rd team spot, and Garnett moving in to the 3rd team.

Deron Williams had the most votes of anyone not making the team, seems to be a pattern for him with allstar selections and now this.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #13
KobeRules24
Kobe is the assassin

KobeRules24 has an OK reputation so far

Great, i have no complaints...good to see Roy making the second team and he's only getting better
KobeRules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

What? Melo and Parker got first eam votes and BRoy didn't?

Cool... can't wait for him to surprise all the media next year.

EDIT:

And it seems like the media is the only group still sleeping on Roy. Everyone else seems to know how good he is. :)

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-13-2009 at 01:47 PM.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Looking at the votes it seems like 10 voters or so picked 3 guards for the first team (Paul + Bryant + Wade), so positions really arent that fixed.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: