Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far
Default BayAreaSportz Lottery Mock Draft V.3.0

1. LA Clippers - Blake Griffin - 6'10 PF - Oklahoma

A no-brainer for the Clips here and the overwhelming consensus pick here, although I think Rubio would be a better fit for the Clips. Randolph's contract will be much more challenging to move than Davis'.

2. Memphis - Ricky Rubio - 6'3 PG - Spain

I'm not sure Rubio would like to end up in Memphis, but Rubio is too valueable to pass up at #2. The Griz could take RR and then trade him for a player like just as much or that would fill a bigger need for them while grabbing additional players/picks.

3. Oklahoma City - James Harden - 6'5 SG - Arizona State

I think many were worried that he wasn't too fast or athletic to really contribute in the NBA, but he proved them all wrong by posting a 37" vertical and one of the fastest spring speed times of all the shooting guards. Harden is one of those quiet, sneaky players like a Brandon Roy. He may look like he isn't doing much and at the end of the game you'll see 19 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds. A great option to play with Westbrook and Durant.

4. Sacramento - Stephen Curry - 6'3 PG - Davidson

A few scouts have proclaimed Curry as the best point guard in the draft after the combine results. A big question mark was his lack of athleticism, but he showed a 35.5" vertical which is comparable to Jeff Teague, who is touted as really athletic and more than Tyreke Evans. The second coming of Mike Bibby in Sactown?

5. Washington - Hasheem Thabeet - 7'3 C - UConn

A few mocks have the Wiz taking Jordan Hill, but with them recently re-signing Jamison and Blatche who both are power forwards, I can see them passing on Hill. Thomas and Haywood are both in the last years of their contract and could be moved to teams looking to shed salary for 2010.

6. Minnesota - Tyreke Evans - 6'5 SG - Memphis

They will try to move Foye back to the point guard spot and since he's not a pure point, someone like Evans can come in and play alongside Foye. Evans probably has more point guard skills than Foye and it will allow Foye to guard points with Evans on 2s.

7. Golden State - Jordan Hill - 6'10 PF - Arizona

This will be based on the best player available and if Hill is still on the board, then he'd fit into that category. The Warriors desparately need size and rebounding and Hill would take care of both of those needs. They may then opt to move Brandan Wright to grab a veteran point guard.

8. New York - Jonny Flynn - 6'0 PG - Syracuse

Third in assists while at Syracuse, shows that he can pass the ball. He's also shown that he has tremendous leadership skills which is something you can't teach. The biggest concern for Flynn by scouts was his size. While they assumed he was closer to 5'10, he measured in at 6'1 (6'.075") with shoes. This guy could be the next Chris Paul.

9. Toronto - James Johnson - 6'8 SF - Wake Forest

With the Raptors trading away Kapono, they are left with 0 players at the small forwad position that are under contract. Graham is an unrestricted free agent. Johnson is a versatile forward that is a Boris Diaw type player.

10. Milwaukee - Jrue Holiday - 6'4 PG - UCLA

This could turn out to be a steal for the Bucks. Noone really knows how good Holiday will be. With his defense and passing abilities, he has a chance to be the next Gary Payton.

11. New Jersey - Brandon Jennings - 6'1 PG - Italy

The Nets will be looking for some depth at the point guard position and even Devin Harris has mentioned that he would like a 3rd point guard. Jennings is the best available player at the position left on the board.

12. Charlotte - Demar Derozan - 6'6 SG - USC

They only have one SG on the roster and thats Raja Bell who will be in his last year of his contract. Derozan has been compared to Vince Carter, but I see him more as a Jason Richardson type player. Very good upside, but not ready to contribute right off the bat.

13. Indiana - BJ Mullens - 7'0 C - Ohio State

In the end, its hard to ignore a 7 footer with Mullen's mobility and athleticism which gives him great upside. Could turn into a very nice player and in Indiana, he won't have the pressure to do so right away.

14. Phoenix - Chase Budinger - 6'7 SG - Arizona

One of the best leapers in the draft. Will add some depth to a team that is then on swingman.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: BayAreaSportz Lottery Mock Draft V.3.0

raptor already made garantee to derozan , so he wont drop past 9. raptor 's most needed position is at wing position.

Last edited by Rekindled : 06-09-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

See teams being afraid of the recent revelations about Blair's knees? If Jennings is there, maybe NJ jumps, but I see them going with a Blair/Clark before a backup. I agree that Holiday has the potential to be a defensive stud, but let's not get crazy and say he can be the next Glove.

Thinking about BJ Mullens being a Pacer makes me puke a little.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
BeeClips
I airball my layups

BeeClips has an OK reputation so far

Come on, GSW drafting the best player available? It will not happen. Theyre gonna draft a PG and have another lame season because Nellie wont play him.
BeeClips is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: