Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 06-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Thunder considering adding a PG

http://newsok.com/nba-draft-is-deep-...ad_story_title
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Thunder considering adding a PG

From what I read from the article they are looking for a backup PG. I would agree that the Thunder could draft Rubio as the backup, because I honestly don't want to see two 6'3 guards sharing the same backcourt and getting knocked around by bigger guards. Other, than that I really hope the Thunder get James Harden to play next to Russell Westbrook or get Hasheem Thabeet to help up front.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
From what I read from the article they are looking for a backup PG. I would agree that the Thunder could draft Rubio as the backup, because I honestly don't want to see two 6'3 guards sharing the same backcourt and getting knocked around by bigger guards. Other, than that I really hope the Thunder get James Harden to play next to Russell Westbrook or get Hasheem Thabeet to help up front.
I don't think they would use #3 to take a backup PG. I was talking about Lawson or Maynor with #25. Maybe we even make a trade to get 3 first rounders and take a PG there but I doubt it.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
I don't think they would use #3 to take a backup PG. I was talking about Lawson or Maynor with #25. Maybe we even make a trade to get 3 first rounders and take a PG there but I doubt it.

I was actually trying to say that but I got my words mixed up.

I would actaull like the Thunder to pick up Patty Mills with one of their late
1st round picks.

He would be good coming off the bench.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I was actually trying to say that but I got my words mixed up.

I would actaull like the Thunder to pick up Patty Mills with one of their late
1st round picks.

He would be good coming off the bench.
I like Mills too.

I'd be fine with Maynor, Lawson, or Mills.

I like that we want a PG in this draft. There are a lot of quality PGs in this draft and we shouldn't just pass on them because we already have the position filled. Although it is a slap in the face to Livingston if we don't deal Watson somewhere.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

I didn't want to start a thread on your board and this is somewhat related. I don't know how OKC fans feel about Westbrook at PG but has there been any discussion around swapping the 3rd pick with Minny for 5th and 18th? Harden will probably still be available and you can add depth with the 18th pick b/c everyone that will go 10-20 is pretty much on even ground. Minny gets to move up to take Rubio at 3 and can take Evans or Curry at 6. It makes sense unless OKC thinks the Kings will take Harden or they prefer Rubio at PG and Westbrook at SG.

Thoughts?
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I didn't want to start a thread on your board and this is somewhat related. I don't know how OKC fans feel about Westbrook at PG but has there been any discussion around swapping the 3rd pick with Minny for 5th and 18th? Harden will probably still be available and you can add depth with the 18th pick b/c everyone that will go 10-20 is pretty much on even ground. Minny gets to move up to take Rubio at 3 and can take Evans or Curry at 6. It makes sense unless OKC thinks the Kings will take Harden or they prefer Rubio at PG and Westbrook at SG.

Thoughts?
People are split about Westbrook. I think he could be a PG but it will take at least 2 more years to develop him and I'd rather have him at SG where he can produce right away. I love Rubio so I don't want to give up the pick. Although we could still get Flynn/ Jennings and maybe Blair/Tyler Hans then grab Sam Young with 25, that would be a solid draft. If there was a trade where we got a pick 4-8 and a pick before 15 I would do that in a second. We could have early draft talent like Evans or Holiday and get B.J. Mullens to fill in the hole at center.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

5 Star has an OK reputation so far

I like the Hardin pick here. Very solid pick. Hardin is a serious gamer and OKC fans will fall in love with his dedication to the game. His defense gets overlooked the most..watch how he gets on the floor night in and night out.

Great pick.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: