Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Summer League Announcement

Trail Blazers Announce 2009 NBA Summer League Roster

The Portland Trail Blazers announced their roster for the 2009 NBA Summer League presented by EA Sports. The team, coached by Trail Blazers assistant coach Joe Prunty, will play five games from July 13-19 at Cox Pavilion and the Thomas & Mack Center on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

Jerryd Bayless will return to summer league competition after earning 2008 NBA Summer League MVP honors by leading the league with 29.8 points per game over four contests. Among those joining Bayless in Las Vegas include all three of Portlandís second round selections in the 2009 NBA Draft: Jeff Pendergraph (31st, Arizona State), Dante Cunningham (33rd, Villanova) and Patrick Mills (55th, St. Maryís).

The Trail Blazers open play on Monday, July 13, against the Toronto Raptors at 5 p.m. (Pacific) and wrap up their five-game slate against the NBA D-League Select Team on July 19 at 7 p.m. (Pacific).

Portland Trail Blazers 2009 NBA Summer League Schedule:

Monday, July 13 5 p.m. Toronto Cox Pavilion
Wednesday, July 15 7 p.m. Houston Cox Pavilion
Friday, July 17 7:30 p.m. Denver Thomas & Mack
Saturday, July 18 7:30 p.m. San Antonio Thomas & Mack
Sunday, July 19 7 p.m. NBA D-League Select Cox Pavilion

*Schedule subject to change

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
2009 NBA Summer League Roster As of July 1, 2009

Name Pos Ht Wt NBA Yrs Birthdate From
Deji Akindele C 6-11 240 R 4-2-83 Chicago State
Jerryd Bayless G 6-3 200 1 8-20-88 Arizona
Dante Cunningham F 6-8 227 R 4-22-87 Villanova
Matt Freije F 6-10 240 2 10-2-81 Vanderbilt
Thomas Gardner G 6-5 225 2 2-8-85 Missouri
Pooh Jeter G 5-11 175 R 12-2-83 Portland
Bobby Jones F 6-7 215 2 1-9-84 Washington
Patrick Mills G 6-0 175 R 8-11-88 St. Maryís (CA)
Dwayne Mitchell F 6-5 210 R 8-24-82 Louisiana-Lafayette
David Moss G/F 6-5 210 R 9-9-83 Indiana State
David Padgett C 6-11 230 R 2-13-85 Louisville
Jeff Pendergraph F/C 6-10 240 R 4-29-87 Arizona State

Summer League Head Coach Joe Prunty (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo)
Trail Blazers Head Coach: Nate McMillan (North Carolina State)
Assistant Coaches: Dean Demopoulos (West Chester)
Monty Williams (Notre Dame)
Maurice Lucas (Marquette)
Kaleb Canales (Texas-Arlington)
Bill Bayno (Sacred Heart)
Head Athletic Trainer: Jay Jensen (Loma Linda)
Assistant Trainer & Equipment Manager: Geoff Clark (Oregon State)
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Bob Medina (UNLV)
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Default Re: Summer League Announcement

Okay, Bayless we're familiar with.
Deji Akindele - went undrafted in 2005, Nigerian, been playing in NBADL
Dante Cunningham - we drafted him
Matt Freije - second round selection in 2004, played for a couple NBA teams and overseas.
Thomas Gardner-went to Missouri, but grew up and won 4A state championship in Oregon.
Pooh Jeter

Crap - have to drive to town and get jalapenos for my mango/black bean dip - HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Way to reign on my post that came over an hour before yours

I'll just post my thoughts I had in the other thread and delete the other thread:

Not as exciting as rosters of previous years. Bayless is the only name that stands out as a special player, so I'm wondering if he'll repeat as league MVP. However, I've heard the Blazer's brass may have him try playing the point more than simply scoring at will like he did last year. Also, I don't know how many games that team will win and I cannot remember how much they take wins into consideration for MVP in this league. Oh, and Bayless is still the youngest guy on the team.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Thomas Gardner is going to be a beast.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Really hoping patty mills can still get lots of minutes with bayless playing, im not familiar with bayless game but can he play/defends sgs? Could have mills/bayless 1/2 Im just really excited to see a healthy patty play again, anyone who watched him play at the olympics knows that he could turn into a slightly poorer mans tony parker.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

A Mills/Bayless combo would be EXTREMELY fast!!! I'll be more interested however in how the three "bigs", Pendergraph, Padgett and Akindele do. We need a third big behind Joel and Greg.

Little dissapointed that we don't have either Freeland or Koponen on these rosters - guess they'll stay in Europe another year.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

My bad.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Way to reign on my post that came over an hour before yours

I'll just post my thoughts I had in the other thread and delete the other thread:

Not as exciting as rosters of previous years. Bayless is the only name that stands out as a special player, so I'm wondering if he'll repeat as league MVP. However, I've heard the Blazer's brass may have him try playing the point more than simply scoring at will like he did last year. Also, I don't know how many games that team will win and I cannot remember how much they take wins into consideration for MVP in this league. Oh, and Bayless is still the youngest guy on the team.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
My bad.............

It happens.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
Tuvi
Unknown Legend

Tuvi has an OK reputation so far

I'm really excited about seeing Cunningham play, he could do some good things off the bench.
Tuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
Myth

I'm curious about everybody drafted by us plus Bayless, and nobody else. We need to bring back Brent Petway
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #11
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
We need to bring back Brent Petway

Go Blue!
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #12
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Why don't they just broadcast them all on comcast?
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #13
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Mills & Bayless = TJ Ford & Devin Harris

DEADLY!
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #14
Stimpson J. Cat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Stimpson J. Cat has an OK reputation so far

Can't wait for it, Mills is one of my favorite players. Should be fun to watch.
Stimpson J. Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #15
Myth

Well, Bayless, Pendergraph, and Cunningham all had good games. Though, I was only able to see the 1st and much of the 3rd.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: