Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Realistically - When do you think the Bucks will get to the ECC ?

Let's be realistic

With your vast knowledge of the NBA game , watching the Bucks for as many years as you have -

When do you think the BUCKS will have a solid opportunity to play in the
EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP ?

------------
I'll start :
Last year if the team was healthy I believe the team could of been seeded around 5th. But the starting line-up seldom played together because of the injuries that always plague the Bucks. If this team would of been maintained I believe they were potentially 1-2 players away from making a legit run.
As in the past the Bucks have stripped the roster , and for the umpteenth time in a rebuild mode. (The current cost cutting appears to be a setup for the franchise to be sold)
Unless Hammond is the smartest President of Basketball operations , and going to work some un-godly magic to land 2 franchise players and build around Bogut , I see in no way shape or form the Bucks become seeded in the eastern conference playoffs. If they eventually get 2 elite players in the next 2-3 years it will take at least 2 years for the team to gel and make a legit run. So if you are banking on a wish and a prayer The soonest the team could crack into the 5th seed or higher will be at least 4-5 years.
So putting this into perspective , even if the eastern conference were to lack in team efficiency as was the case the last 5 years, (and the eastern conference is getting stronger as well speak) I'd wager that the next 10 years the Bucks have about a 20% or less chance at getting to the ECC.
Now if a new owner comes along ........ could be a different story.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Realistically - When do you think the Bucks will get to the ECC ?

Speaking as an outside viewer, not a Bucks fan, I really have no idea where the team is headed. There's no clear single building block. Hopefully it'll be Brandon Jennings.
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a long time Bucks fan and NBA fan -
I'm NOT beating the farm on a 6'1" guard.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Cggamer12
I brick open layups

Cggamer12 has decent reputation

Not for a good amount of years. I'm not a Bucks fan, but there's a lot of progress to be made.

Currently, I see Milwaukee being the worst team in the East. Brandon Jennings is a good player, but there needs to be more.

Get some good lottery picks, develop them and work them hard, and maybe you guys could even make the playoffs.

But the ECC? A long ways away. a LONG ways away, at least to this point.
Cggamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:59 AM   #5
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

LbloodOjunkieG has an OK reputation so far

I also feel we are quite a ways away from reaching the Eastern conference finals. I hope to GOD we aren't shedding salary in a move to sell the team. It sucks there are so many bandwagon fans in the world. People who only show up to the games, buy merchandise, or support the team only if they are a winning program. That's the whole reason the Bucks would be sold, is because we aren't making money. I believe we are LOSING money actually. No one can make money if nobody is supporting them. Watch, if we start winning, all the so called "fans" would come out of the wood work, ala the Cleveland bandwagoners. I would be devastated if Wisconsin didn't have a basketball team. It doesn't help that everybody wants to play in a big market.
LbloodOjunkieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

I think 3-5 years is realistic. But even that is being a little optimistic.

Even cracking the 8th seed this year would be an unexpected miracle. I'd say there's a 1 in 50 chance that we make the playoffs this year. And maybe a 1 in 10 chance next year. But three years from now, I have a feeling this team will be where it needs to be.

Jennings will hopefully be approaching his prime. Bogut should be deep in his prime. Redd will be gone. Who knows how Luc Richard and/or JA will have developed by then. Mbah a Moute should have established himself as a top defender in the East, an improved offensive threat, and an every-game starter. I have a little faith that Alexander will have finally figured out how to play and earn 25+ minutes a night.

Who knows about the next few drafts. Imagine landing a John Wall or a Favors though...definitely couldn't hurt.

The Bucks could be a top 3 team in the East in 5 years, but I wouldn't bank on it.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Your FO needs to pull some 08 Celtics stuff to even think about becoming a contender. As of now, I believe there is not a single player in 2010 that would like to play for the Bucks(no offense). Brandon Jennings is a good building block, but there needs to be something a bit more.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
Your FO needs to pull some 08 Celtics stuff to even think about becoming a contender. As of now, I believe there is not a single player in 2010 that would like to play for the Bucks(no offense). Brandon Jennings is a good building block, but there needs to be something a bit more.

If no one wants to play for the Bucks, how do we become a contender? We can't build STRICTLY through the draft, because when the players contract is up, they will bolt. Life isn't fair!!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Who knows how Luc Richard and/or JA will have developed by then. The Bucks could be a top 3 team in the East in 5 years, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Your Johnson just got traded for an undersized SF playing the 3 at 6'6"
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4404309

Might as well of kept Mason and save all this frustration.
At least he wanted to play for the Bucks...
Old 08-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

I was talking about Joe Alexander...

...but still...WHAT AN AWFUL TRADE. I want nothing to do with Delfino. What is going on John Hammond? He better have a plan for all this otherwise we're just digging ourselves deeper and deeper.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

My mistake ...

Joe Axe .. doubt will ever become a true starter. I think he will be a role player.
Johnson I figured would be a starter , and if the trade becomes finalized ... you are looking at Thomas the starting PF I guess .
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
Hillabale
I airball my layups

Hillabale has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
When do you think the BUCKS will have a solid opportunity to play in the EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP ?
A few years after Hammond and Skiles have been fired.
Hillabale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #13
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Your Johnson just got traded for an undersized SF playing the 3 at 6'6"
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4404309

Might as well of kept Mason and save all this frustration.
At least he wanted to play for the Bucks...

Nooooo!!! I like Amir Johnson, I wish we would've kept him to see what he could have done for us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: