Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Moose

Default Trade: Bucks get Carlos Delfino, Roko Ukic. Raptors get Amir Johnson

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/200...-and-roko.html

Quote:
Just when you thought it was safe to think the Raptors were done, they’re not.

Details are a bit sketchy at the moment, but according to league sources, they are about to finalize a trade that could send swingman Carlos Delfino and point guard Roko Ukic in a two-for-two deal with the Milwaukee Bucks.

Young big man Amir Johnson is headed to Toronto but the other component of the deal remains unknown. It's unclear when the deal will be official but it could be done as early as today or tomorrow.

The financial aspect of the deal will be felt at the end of next season.

Johnson has just one year and $3,666,667 left on his contract while Ukic had an option for $1,450,000 in the 2010-11 season.

I like this deal for the Raptors.

Last edited by insidehoops : 08-17-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: (Raptors) Carlos Delfino, Roko Ukic for Amir Johnson (Bucks)

Not good for Amir.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Basically a financial move to unload Ukic? Whats to like? Amir Johnson could dominate the D-League, but thats about the limit of his ability, in the NBA he can rebound, thats about it.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Basically a financial move to unload Ukic? Whats to like? Amir Johnson could dominate the D-League, but thats about the limit of his ability, in the NBA he can rebound, thats about it.

I like Johnson, he's not too bad when getting PT. Raptors needs players that can rebound.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Not good for Amir.
no doubt. I was betting he could be the first big off the bench on the bucks. Not going to happen on the raptors, with a bench full of proven veteran bigs.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Young shot blocking big with some upside....for a PG who would never play is pretty good deal IMO. Bucks get a backup PG probably means Sessions is as good as gone.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Does this mean Delfino will play in the NBA or was it just the rights?

And this is good for Ukic. He can be the Bucks' future backup after Ridnour expires away. Or he can be insurance for Jennings if he doesn't develop.

Trade is stupid for the Raptors. Johnson is never going to be good.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Does this mean Delfino will play in the NBA or was it just the rights?

And this is good for Ukic. He can be the Bucks' future backup after Ridnour expires away. Or he can be insurance for Jennings if he doesn't develop.

Trade is stupid for the Raptors. Johnson is never going to be good.

I believe he'll play this season.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Is this deal really happening?

If so, this is purely a financial move, I doubt we retain Amir after this contract, unless he really performs and is able to usurp Reggie Evans in the rotation. He certainly still has room to improve at only 22 years of age, if his offensive skill basketball IQ ever caught up to his size and athleticism we could keep him as a long-term backup. But realistically, he's gone after this season, and unfortunately this probably means Pops Mensah-Bonsu will have to find work elsewhere.

Don't care about losing Delfino although his chucking was pretty entertaining for one season, but Roko has some potential if he develops consistency. He hit vital late-game shots in wins vs Orlando and San Antonio last season, is like 6'4 and fast as **** with great handles and can run a team.

Honestly, Roko's like an ugly Ricky Rubio except without the playmaking instincts, which is more a comment on how overrated I consider Tricky Ricky to be rather than how good Roko is. Still, he is good, has the tools to be a long term NBA player, but will probably head back to Europe after this contract.

I also hope that the other piece is a pick, because I don't want anything else that Milwaukee will be selling.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice post A.M.G.

Im not sure how much I agree with this trade for the Raptors, because I do like Delfinos game. This opens up time for Marco and Demar, though, so its good that BC is putting trust in our teams young players.

As for Johnson, I'd like to see him get some minutes to try and develop, instead of playing Evans more.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Holy crap, BC traded away TWO foreign players for an American! I think I just heard Satan's scrotum freeze solid.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Nice post A.M.G.

Im not sure how much I agree with this trade for the Raptors, because I do like Delfinos game. This opens up time for Marco and Demar, though, so its good that BC is putting trust in our teams young players.

As for Johnson, I'd like to see him get some minutes to try and develop, instead of playing Evans more.

They'll put Evans in if the game is close. If not I think you'll see Johnson get some mins to develop in blowout wins or losses but not in key situations unless someone gets hurt.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
They'll put Evans in if the game is close. If not I think you'll see Johnson get some mins to develop in blowout wins or losses but not in key situations unless someone gets hurt.
Yeah, I doubt they would put out Johnson in a clutch situation, but like I said, I expect him to get lots of minutes for development, more than Evans.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors do this just to save some money. I doubt Amir Johnson sees a second of playing time outside of garbage time. He'll be 5th at best on the big-man depth chart for the Raptors. The guy has been more of an athlete rather than an actual basketball player. He's also a foul machine.

Are the Bucks keeping Sessions? What's going on there? If so then Ukic is probably out of luck again and stuck as a 3rd string PG. He's stunk in the NBA in his limited time anyways.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never heard of any of these guys.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: