Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Magic sign PG Jason Williams

The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed. We’ll post contract info later today. We’re guessing it’s a very short deal for the league minimum or something close.

“Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt,” said Smith. “He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4711
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed. We’ll post contract info later today. We’re guessing it’s a very short deal for the league minimum or something close.

“Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt,” said Smith. “He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4711

So are they keeping Anthony Johnson then too?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Dr. Hoopenstein has decent reputation

This move gets the Gas Face from me.
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter

Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here

Cool, I'll be rooting for White Chocolate in the playoffs.
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Wonder how he'll look after being out of the league for 2 yrs. No comment till I see him play.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jordan
Cool, I'll be rooting for White Chocolate in the playoffs.

dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Magic are Deep...
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
IInvented
Hip Hop

IInvented has not been impressing people

why the fuck is everyone comin back
IInvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i hope he does the flashy elbow pass again
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought Williams was returning with the New York Knicks. I am presuming he merely had a workout for New York?
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
i hope he does the flashy elbow pass again

I about sh*t my pants the first time I saw him do that. The next day I went out and did it in my practice scrimmage. I love to bust it out when I play.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by IInvented
why the fuck is everyone comin back

you're from green bay, and you have to ask that question?
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Awesome. I actually predicted he'd sign with Orlando in February.
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Strange signing.
Before he signed with the Clippers (and subsequently retired), his previous years play at Miami was really bad. He had lost 3 steps of pace, his shot selection was not good,his shot percentages were terrible (38%) and his defense was well below par. He was injury prone for the last 3 years too. He really was a finshed player with not much to give anymore except experience.
There was zero flash to his game as well in that final year, unless you call pulling up for 3's on 3 on 2 breaks flashy. And only hitting about 25% of those.
And will be 34 during the season. You would think there were better options out there than him.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: