Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

I've tried to watch as many Blazer games as possible and while power dunks and big blocks aren't usual for Greg Oden, I'm wondering if anyone here thinks he still has this kind of athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_oXl...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fv810QfY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9yD3M-pLQk

He's now in better shape than he was in last year and he should just about be recovered from the microfracture surgery. So has he lost any athleticism?

At 1:06 and particularly 1:21 he seems explosive here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZuaIPOAlbk Also at 1:13 here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJEaTPuzVJw

In general he doesn't seem to have as many highlight plays as he did in college, but I suspect part of that is him conserving energy and being careful because of his injury history.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
IamSofaKing
I brick airballs

IamSofaKing has decent reputationIamSofaKing has decent reputation
Default Re: Greg Oden's athleticism

He obviously put on some weight during his time off, but i'm not sure if he can get that explosiveness back, like Stoudemire, unless he really works hard and sheds some weight
IamSofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

He's had serious knee injuries, it's tough to get back to how you were(explosiveness) especially with 7 fters. Plus the extra weight he put on.

I believe the drive at 1:21 is a travel.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Cermet
Local High School Star

Cermet has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
He obviously put on some weight during his time off, but i'm not sure if he can get that explosiveness back, like Stoudemire, unless he really works hard and sheds some weight

Dude even the comentators and NBA experts said he LOST some weight from last year.
Cermet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

He has been looking really explosive lately. Unfortunately, I can't find any of the clips from this season on YouTube anymore. Looks like they might have been taken down.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

I think he just dislocated his knee.

Rose Garden is dead silent. I can barely breath right now.

More info: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5113

Last edited by insidehoops : 12-05-2009 at 10:32 PM.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #7
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Oden is down and hurt

Same knee?
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

What else is new

Hope it's not serious
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #9
gblz
I airball my layups

gblz has an OK reputation so far

Watching the game right now as we speak. He's being carried off the court in a stretcher right now, not good.
gblz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, It doesn't look very good... I'm very sorry to every Blazer fan
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #11
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Looks pretty serious, carried out on stretcher.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #12
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Greg Oden injured

WOW, Oden down, taken out of the game on a strecher. portland just cant catch a break. Rudy is out too for the game. cunningham injured, Outlaw out for the season, Batum likely out for season, Aldrdige injured last 2 games. Heck their coach is injured.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #13
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people
Default Re: Greg Oden injured

expected. oden will never be a franchise center.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #14
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow..
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
KingJay718
Serious playground baller

KingJay718 has an OK reputation so far

Brandon Roy - "Yes! More shots for me!

Seriously, I like G.O., but I hope he's OK. Dang, you could hear mice peeing on cotton, when G.O. Went down.
KingJay718 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: