Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster
Default I haven't played basketball in 5 weeks

The only time I can play ball is on the weekends, and every weekend it's either raining or it's freezing. It's 26F right now, and there are no indoor gyms in my area. I'd go play in the cold, I don't care. The only problem is that I can't risk getting sick now because my vacation is coming up.

I'm having basketball withdrawal right now. I used to play ball 5-6 times a week.

I live in an apartment so I can't dribble the ball around. All I can do is shoot

Last edited by LevisJeans : 12-18-2009 at 10:19 PM.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Basketman
High School JV MVP

Basketman has decent reputationBasketman has decent reputation
Default Re: I haven't played basketball in 5 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevisJeans
The only time I can play ball is on the weekends, and every weekend it's either raining or it's freezing. It's 26F right now, and there are no indoor gyms in my area. I'd go play in the cold, I don't care. The only problem is that I can't risk getting sick now because my vacation is coming up.

I'm having basketball withdrawal right now. I used to play ball 5-6 times a week.

I live in an apartment so I can't dribble the ball around. All I can do is shoot
Contrary to popular belief, cold weather doesn't make you sick.
Basketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

need to find an indoor place asap man
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Yup that's what I was going to say. You can get hypothermia if you sit around for too long tho... so you want to be playing the whole time to keep your body warm. Otherwise, their is no way you are going to get sick unless someone else there is sick. After a lot of physical activity your immune system is compromised and is more susceptible to catching those things. If nobody is sick tho, then there is no way you are getting sick... and what would a guy who is sick be doing out there playin bball in freezing weather anyway?
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketman
Contrary to popular belief, cold weather doesn't make you sick.

The cold weather itself doesn't make you sick. "When your body
goes into heat conservation mode and begins to get stressed, it turns off
non-essential processes to conserve energy. The immune system is one of
the first to get curtailed."
Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My hoop has 2 giant cracks in it.

The Rec Gym makes you pay to rent it out.

My school gym is a half hour walk away and I doubt they'd let me in.

I have practice twice a week, although not for the next couple weeks.

We've got games right when we get back to school.

Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
LevisJeans
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
need to find an indoor place asap man

The only place that's nearby is a birthday gym which has 1 court which is always empty. Half the roof is missing, so it's nearly as cold in there as it is outside. Also, the lady who runs the place charges you $15/hour.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Find the closest 24 hour fitness. They'll be running games there.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
LevisJeans
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
My hoop has 2 giant cracks in it.

The Rec Gym makes you pay to rent it out.

My school gym is a half hour walk away and I doubt they'd let me in.

I have practice twice a week, although not for the next couple weeks.

We've got games right when we get back to school.

If I made my school team than I wouldn't have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Find the closest 24 hour fitness. They'll be running games there.

That doesn't exist in Brooklyn. I found a league where kids that are 16-21 play which is a few streets away from my house. I checked it out last week, and I was the only person under 6'2" in there. I'd play there, but the only problem is that they play up, with guys 22+, and I don't want to get trampled.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm making excuses, which I'm not.

Last edited by LevisJeans : 12-18-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:01 AM   #10
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Quote:
If I made my school team than I wouldn't have a problem.

That doesn't exist in Brooklyn. I found a league where kids that are 16-21 play which is a few streets away from my house. I checked it out last week, and I was the only person under 6'2" in there. I'd play there, but the only problem is that they play up, with guys 22+, and I don't want to get trampled.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm making excuses, which I'm not.

Phuck that shyt, go and play. Get trampled. You'll probably learn a thing or 2. Unless they're total dycks, you won't feel all that bad.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The only place that's nearby is a birthday gym which has 1 court which is always empty. Half the roof is missing, so it's nearly as cold in there as it is outside. Also, the lady who runs the place charges you $15/hour.

damn i would be all over that
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
LevisJeans
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
damn i would be all over that

I used to go there all the time. $15/hour doesn't sound like a lot, but it starts to add up. When I go to practice, I practice for 3-4 hours at a time, so 30-45$ a day seems a little much.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #13
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

I have the key to our HS gym. All of the Varsity kids get a key to the gym so that they can go in and shoot around. But I have practice everyday except for Sundays and christmas, so yeah. Sorry though. I've never had withdrawls from basketball cause i can go play whenever i want.hahah.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
Phuck that shyt, go and play. Get trampled. You'll probably learn a thing or 2. Unless they're total dycks, you won't feel all that bad.
This ... playing with older more experienced, better people will make you a better basketball player.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
This ... playing with older more experienced, better people will make you a better basketball player.

Or it will just shatter your confidence forever

I remember playing with serious streeballers a few years ago... I'd go with a couple of my friends and we were like 17. It was kind of different reactions. We aren't that great, but it's not like we suck... but a lot of them didn't want to play with us. Some of them were total *****. I understand tho cus they want to win... but what the heck am I supposed to do when everybody else on the team is like 6'3 (I'm only 5'11) so they put me on a guy that is lighting quick? I can't stay in front of people like that sorry I got some bad quickness genes

Hey if you just say F them tho and play hard then you will get their respect. Anybody will respect someone that keeps coming back.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: