Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ed Reed considering retirement

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34903251/ns/sports-nfl/

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS - Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed is considering retirement after an injury-filled season.

The 31-year-old Reed missed four December games because of a variety of injuries, including problems with his neck, hip and groin.

Ive been thinking about it, and it kind of hit me on the sidelines, he said Saturday after a 20-3 playoff loss to the Colts. Its going to be a long offseason. It hurts. I am just thinking about it.

Im 50-50. I am going to re-evaluate things and see how it goes in the next couple of days.

The six-time Pro Bowler was the 2004 Defensive Player of the Year. He had one interception of Peyton Manning on Saturday night, but fumbled on his runback, handing the ball back to the Colts. He also had an interception and long return erased by a pass interference penalty on teammate Corey Ivy.

Reed has a franchise-record 46 interceptions and 13 career touchdowns. He is the only player in NFL history to score TDs by blocking a punt and returning a punt, an interception and a fumble.

But Reed has been hindered over the past two seasons by a damaged nerve in his neck, among the other injuries. He made only three interceptions this year, yet made the Pro Bowl.

It wasnt a weird nomination. I played the majority of the season, he said.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ed Reed considering retirement

That would suck if he retired..hopefully he's got another couple of years in him at least. Those injuries seem to be piling up on him though unfortunely.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Reed should go ask Deion why he choose the number "37" when he went to the Ravens...

he isn't gonna retire...so many athletes say that sh*t and then realize they don't want to quit...like Favre 100 times over...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Body feel like **** once the season ends, he'll change his mind in a few months.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ray Lewis wouldnt allow you to retire. Everytime he talks I want to build a pyramid all by myself.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ray Lewis wouldnt allow you to retire. Everytime he talks I want to build a pyramid all by myself.
Yeah Ray Ray gets you hyped up to do anything.

Reed is silently one of the greatest players to ever play the game. It would suck for him to retire when you he can go for many years to come.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think he will come back. its pretty obvious that he still has a lot of juice in the tank, its natural to feel tired and deflated after getting wiped out in the playoffs.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
i think he will come back. its pretty obvious that he still has a lot of juice in the tank, its natural to feel tired and deflated after getting wiped out in the playoffs.

It must suck to have no offense at all. The Ravens had a huge opportunity and their offense could not do squat.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Reed should go ask Deion why he choose the number "37" when he went to the Ravens...

he isn't gonna retire...so many athletes say that sh*t and then realize they don't want to quit...like Favre 100 times over...

Do you feel it necessary to bring up Deion at every possible instance or opening that you can?

The first part of your post is borderline irrelevant other than the fact that Reed plays for the Ravens who, gasp, DEION played for before RETIRING! Great excuse to post another pic of DEION. Good lawd man.

I hope Reed doesn' retire. He is an all-time great and I wanna keep seeing him play even though I dislike the Ravens very much. I agree that I do not believe he will either. Sucks he has gotten some bad luck as of late health-wise but he will bounce back.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
It must suck to have no offense at all. The Ravens had a huge opportunity and their offense could not do squat.

no offense at all is a bit of an overstatement. Ray Rice certainly provides "some" offense, although he obviously struggled against the Colts last night. Flacco does need some work and the Ravens have very mediocre receivers.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Do you feel it necessary to bring up Deion at every possible instance or opening that you can?

The first part of your post is borderline irrelevant other than the fact that Reed plays for the Ravens who, gasp, DEION played for before RETIRING! Great excuse to post another pic of DEION. Good lawd man.

I hope Reed doesn' retire. He is an all-time great and I wanna keep seeing him play even though I dislike the Ravens very much. I agree that I do not believe he will either. Sucks he has gotten some bad luck as of late health-wise but he will bounce back.
Deion made a point to show everyone how old he was and still playing...(at age 37)

and yes, there is no question that I feel it is necessary to bring up his greantness along with pics whenever I possibly can...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

He still has some years to burn, he will be back.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carson Palmer sure hopes he does
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

I don't think most of you realize how serious Reed's neck injury is. He was close to retiring the last 2 years because of it. This isn't just "my body feels like crap" quasi serious retirement talk.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #15
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Coincidental that Ed Reed Jr. (Eric Berry) is coming in the same year that Reed might be going out.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: