Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team

This is just a for fun thread, basically something to play around with, think about, talk about and pass time for a few days.

If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team, who would it be and why?

For the Bucs, I'd probably pick the best DE in the NFL, Mario Williams. Many can argue that Dwight Freeney is the best DE, but Mario is younger and Freeney is injury-prone. Some also say Jared Allen is the best DE, but he's older than Mario and he also plays with the best DL in football, so that helps his numbers a lot. Mario Williams it is.

With the Bucs current roster, and after the draft where they took two DTs in the first two rounds, I pick Williams. They need a solid pass rushing DE to put up front with Gerald McCoy, Brian Price, Stylez G. White and Roy Miller which basically would complete the rebuilding of their once dominate defense and get one step closer to being a top 5 defense again after a two year absence. No one player in the NFL would be a better fit for the Bucs than Super Mario in my opinion.

(If I were to go with an offensive player, I'd probably pick Joe Thomas or Chris Johnson)

Your turn......
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team

I'd add Revis to the Steelers in a heartbeat. He, Ike, Troy and Ryan Clark... that's a nasty secondary.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Revis or Andre Johnson.

Our secondary struggles sometimes because we lack a real #1 corner and we could use a top receiver now that Holmes is gone.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

um.. i'd take Peyton Manning please or Larry Fitz/Andre Johnson.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

F*ck Revis, give me Asomugha.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Obvious answer is Peyton Manning but we have #5 so next is....

Nnamdi Asomugha, what a shut down beast. He is a super rare type

After that, Patrick Willis. Him and Fletcher holdin it down?!

Then, Ryan Clady who already beastin in Shanny's ZBS
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
um.. i'd take Peyton Manning please or Larry Fitz/Andre Johnson.

Who's your team?

And, overall, I figured there'd be some actual analysis going on. I understand EVERY team could use Peyton as their QB, but think about how your team is now and if you could plug in one player that your team needs to become a contender, who would it be?

But I agree Pittsburgh would be sick if they got one of the top CBs in the NFL.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

don't even have to think about it...AD

I've have been dreaming about Peterson in a Dallas uni before he was even in the NFL...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Offense has been the Redskins biggest problems, so I would certainly go there. Peterson would be nice, but I think WR is a bigger problem, so I'd say Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald. OL is also a concern, but I think we should be improved there.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
don't even have to think about it...AD

I've have been dreaming about Peterson in a Dallas uni before he was even in the NFL...

That would be sick. If their OL was dominant, that offense would be literally unstoppable as long as Romo wouldn't turn the ball over.

I know how high you are on Choice, Barber & Jones. So would you trade those 3 for Peterson straight up?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
That would be sick. If their OL was dominant, that offense would be literally unstoppable as long as Romo wouldn't turn the ball over.

I know how high you are on Choice, Barber & Jones. So would you trade those 3 for Peterson straight up?
yes, I would trade all 3 for Peterson...

Peterson is still very young...the issue with fumbling can EASLIY be fixed...he is going to be a HOF RB...

I'll take him and a couple spare ass RBs over the 3 we have now...and I LOVE all 3 that we have now...esp Felix...lol
Old 06-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

There is no question in my mind I would take Kevin Williams.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
There is no question in my mind I would take Kevin Williams.
not bad for the Colts but I think they could go younger, like Revis or AP or CJ first...
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #14
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For NE, definitely Asomugha or Ray Rice.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dwight Freeney, no doubt.

Running backs punished us last season. I've had enough of some of these guys having career games at our expense.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: