Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Carter may not play tonight

Thankfull it's because he's sick and not injured. Going to be an awful lot of slack for Kidd to pick up though.

Quote:
Well, maybe. Now Vince is sick – woke up feeling like a dog’s breakfast, called in, and presumably went back to sleep.

“We’ll send him to the doctor, see where he’s at,” L-Frank said. “He just felt real weak, lethargic, we’ll just have to see.”

Well, this is bad on just so many levels, isn’t it?

As of shootaround, the coach was planning on starting Wright and Nachbar on the wings – a considerable downgrade from Carter-Jefferson, but one you can get away with if tonight’s opponent were, say, Charlotte. But these two will be matched with Michael Redd and Ruben Patterson.

Charlie Villanueva, however, sprained his left elbow at Atlanta last night and is iffy, so it’s evened out. But not really.

The Bucks are 3-5, but they might have turned the corner. Before beating the Hawks last night, they had lost three straight -- by four (Houston), five (at Washington) and a deuce (Utah), the night Redd went for 57.

So the Nets are going up against the league’s leading scorer, and they might not have the league’s second-leading scorer available to play against him. This means J-Kidd will probably have to take 22 shots and split time with Wright guarding Redd, which is nobody’s idea of a winning formula.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Play thorugh it Carter! If MJ and WAde can play with the flu...he can play with this. I've even played while being sick once.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

wow.

just wow.

Wright and Marcus need to get it thorugh their heads that they cannot make mistakes now. go for substance over style instead and just get the balls into the hoop.

it is now the Kidd and Krstic show.

Mo Williams gets whored by Kidd for another Triple Double.

Krstic will show Bogut how its really done.

but if Villanueva plays, then Collins will have his hands full.

anyway, I don't worry too much defensively about stopping the Bucks, and Redd, I worry aobut if this team can put enough points on the board.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

If Carter doesnt play it will be much harder to the Nets.
Kidd and Williams will have to step up and play more minutes. Its unfortunate for Nets the absence of to excelent players like Carter and Jefferson (injury) but its in times like this that you can see how strong a team is...
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:56 AM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

challenge for frank:

don't run down kidd simply because there's a shot at the game. it's not worth it. remember how much it hurt the team when kidd was overplayed a couple years ago... when we had the pistons down but couldn't finish them.

stick to the plan. expect some mistakes from the young players. challenge adams with some minutes and see how he performs.

if we win, it's a real nice victory. if we lose, at least the backups got some extra burn. nobody is tearing it up in the east right now so there should be little pressure here.

EDIT: nvm... i'm an idiot.

i got home and didn't realise the game was over already. i gotta get audio league pass at the very least soon.

so carter played his normal minutes. i'm pleased frank is showing confidence in wright, not that he has a huge choice in the matter, but still.

looks like some real nice shooting and a very refreshing defensive effort. woot!

Last edited by gigantes : 11-16-2006 at 05:22 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

im very sure Kidd was the one who was waving Frank off and saying he wants to stay in the game.

if Frank had his way, he would give Kidd only 33 minutes. but Kidd is Kidd a fierce competitor who always wants to win.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea, altho from what i've read and seen, most star players react like this.

perhaps a big part of what makes them stars...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

It's been a while since I've seen Kidd continuously playing at such a high level. Kidd and Kristic kept the offense going. Wright is looking good too. He's a worthy bench player. Right after a nets turnover, he stole the ball and made a layup (AND drew the foul). Good hustle! The bench this year is doing their share. I hope they stay consistent. With RJ out and Carter not 100%, it's a great opportunity (no choice) for the bench to learn. Come playoff time, Wright, Nachbar, etc will be more efficient off the bench. House and Boone will add scoring and rebounding respectively. The nets definitely look better than last year.
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: