Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Extempo
Great young streetballer

Extempo has an OK reputation so far
Default Stan Van Gundy BLASTS attention-whores Lebron, Wade and Bosh

Quote:
Stan Van Gundy will not watch LeBron Jamesí ESPN announcement special

R. Your thoughts on all this free agency stuff?

SVG: Itís gotten ridiculous I think. Itís really I mean itís almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say Iíve decided to stay in Cleveland but weíve got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we donít do that enough. Look, the guyís a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?

R. Sign of the times, I guess.

SVG: It is a sign of the times. Unfortunately. Itís amazing that a guy as good as Kobe Bryant simply extended his contract with no real fanfare or anything else.

R. Kevin Durant did, too.

SVG: Yeah and Kevin Durant is more in the Kobe Bryant mode. You donít hear Kobe Bryant and certainly not Kevin Durant talking about their brand. They donít. I hear that from the other guys. I donít hear those guys talking about their brand, theyíre simply basketball players who want to be great players and win games. Not that those other guys arenít great players and donít want to win games. They do, but thereís also more to it. Itís not what I like. Other people, I guess, like it. Iím sure it will be a widely watched show tomorrow. It simply will not have me as an audience.

R. Chris Bosh made his announcement on ESPN. Said heís joining Wade.

SVG: Well, heís been following him around for two weeks like his lapdog. So that doesnít really surprise me.

R. What does that do to that team?

SVG: Certainly theyíre, they were good anyway. Theyíre a team that was, the last two years was a number 5 seed and now they just added one of the best forwards in basketball. As far as a straight one-two punch that compares pretty favorably to Kobe and Pau Gasol. Itís right there. I think theyíre instant contenders. I donít think thereís any doubt. Theyíre instant contenders to win an NBA championship. It makes them very, very good. Itís not like theyíre done. Theyíve got a lot of money to put pieces around them. Ö I donít care, right now, I can tell you theyíll get good enough pieces that theyíre instant contenders.

R: Talking about LeBron, are you thinking he wouldnít be on TV if he was going to leave?

SVG: That doesnít have anything to do with it. Iíve always thought heís going back to Cleveland. I just think this free agent thing has been a masterful publicity opportunity for all of them. Theyíve done a great job of creating more interest in this brand. If Wade just comes right out and says Iím going back to Miami, he canít get a film crew to follow him around to do that. Bosh had to make it look like he considered all these teams. And had to make it look like they were really considering those other teams so there would be some suspense and some interest. I think they did a great job of doing hat but in the end I donít think they surprised anybody.

R: Think he could go to Miami?

SVG: If he went anywhere but Cleveland Iíd be shocked, but Iíd be doubly shocked if he went to Miami. [Wade and James] both want to be the man. I think Chris Bosh was a different story. I think he had tried to be the man. It didnít work. I think heís willing to be a very, very good second fiddle. I think heís seen what happened to Pau Gasol. Teams that are good but couldnít win the playoffs to being the second guy in L.A. and itís worked well for him. Iím sure Chris Bosh envisions something pretty much the same. All those guys would love to be the man but itís not that easy as a lot of them have found. I think itís great for the Heat and good for him.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...t-special.html

SVG telling it like it is; respected coaches, players and intellectual basketball fans are losing respect for these divas. I guess we will no longer hear stories about how "humble" Lebron and Wade are as people.
Extempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board
Default Re: Stan Van Gundy BLASTS attention-whores Lebron, Wade and Bosh

ROFLMAO @ Bosh following Wade like a dog

SVG
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181436

First page, no less.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ron Jeremy ftw.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Kinda funny, but also somewhat bitter. SVG knows Orlando has little chance to win a title the next couple of years
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

Hilarious, and true.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #7
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Haters gon' hate.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Flat out priceless comments:

Quote:
ďIt takes 15 seconds to say, ĎIíve decided to stay in Cleveland,í but weíve got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we donít do that enough.Ē

Quote:
Bosh went to Miami because heíd been following Wade around ďfor two weeks like a lapdog.Ē

Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
Haters gon' hate.

lovers gon' love...
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
Extempo
Great young streetballer

Extempo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
That thread didn't even quote the article...no wonder it got so few responses. Don't be sour because you're a fanboy of one of these attention-whores. As it is, this forum is filled with 10 different Lebron threads saying the same thing. My topic is new at least.
Extempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

van dummy is mad, wade was destroying orlando without help.. now that he has some help, miami belongs to wade and orlando will never sniff the ECF..
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I agree everything Stan said up till Bosh. Apparently hanging out with your friend is considered being a lapdog?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #13
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

I don't see whats wrong with all of this. It makes the off season that much more interesting for me. But thats just me. It seems like its working out good for the nba. I have friends who are not into the nba, that are texting me 24/7 about all of the the rumors and trades. That has to say something
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extempo
That thread didn't even quote the article...no wonder it got so few responses. Don't be sour because you're a fanboy of one of these attention-whores. As it is, this forum is filled with 10 different Lebron threads saying the same thing. My topic is new at least.

Easy, tiger. Find one post on this board where I herald any of the players Van Gundy mentions, including Durant and Bryant. I don't even like those players or their teams.

I appreciate the effort though.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stan Van Gundy hit all his Free Throws on this one.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: