Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

Talking Tolliver picks Wolves, mocks LeBron with spoof

''By JON KRAWCZYNSKI (AP) – 9 hours ago

MINNEAPOLIS — With the world waiting, Anthony Tolliver has finally announced his decision.

Tolliver said he has chosen to play for the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday in a short video posted on YouTube that mocks superstar LeBron James' much-maligned "The Decision" special on ESPN last month.

Tolliver, a relatively unknown forward with 65 career games in the NBA, spent the last few days deciding between offers from the Timberwolves and the Golden State Warriors.

In a video entitled "The Decision: Part Deux!!" Tolliver spoofs all the attention given to James, who announced "I will be taking my talents to South Beach" in a one-hour television show on ESPN in July. The special broke hearts in Cleveland, disappointed fans in Chicago and New York, and brought heavy criticism on James and the network for the way it was handled.

In the spoof, a woman off camera asks Tolliver when he made his decision.

"Um, I think I made my decision this morning while using the bathroom," Tolliver deadpans. "It just came to me."

Woman: "So, are you going to let us know your decision?"

After writing it down on a piece of paper to extend the supense, Tolliver announces: "I will be taking my services to the north, the Minnesota Timberwolves" and holds up the ratty piece of notebook paper as a wolf howls in the background.
"Thank you to all my fans who have been following me and following my decision," Tolliver said. "It's been a great run and hopefully this is just the beginning."

It's clear from the video that Tolliver has quite a sense of humor, and he may need it as he joins the rebuilding Timberwolves. Tolliver agreed to terms on a two-year deal after weighing offers from Minnesota and Golden State, a person with knowledge of the agreement told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no official announcement had been made.

Tolliver averaged 11.7 points and 7.0 rebounds for the Warriors and Portland last season and most Timberwolves fans wouldn't recognize him if he was sitting right next to them.

In Minnesota, the 25-year-old Tolliver will fit into a frontcourt rotation that includes Wes Johnson, Corey Brewer, Lazar Hayward and Martell Webster and power forwards Kevin Love and Michael Beasley.

The 6-foot-9 Tolliver fits the mold of what the Timberwolves have been striving to add all summer long — young, athletic players who can play multiple positions.

Coach Kurt Rambis has said the team needed to get more height and athleticism after it won only 15 games in his first season on the job.

After his college career at Creighton finished in 2007, Tolliver bounced around between minor league teams in the United States and playing overseas while he waited for a chance in the NBA. He played in 19 games with the San Antonio Spurs in 2008-09 and two with Portland last season before landing with the Warriors and thriving in Don Nelson's up-tempo system.

Tolliver averaged 12.3 points and 7.3 rebounds in 44 games with the Warriors, including a career-high 34 points at Minnesota on April 7.

It's been another summer of turnover for the Wolves, who are completely remaking their roster. They traded star Al Jefferson to Utah and said goodbye to Ryan Gomes, Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, Damien Wilkins and Brian Cardinal. Only four players remain on the Timberwolves roster from the one that started last season''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvL5KRoXC00

@ :55 great sounds effect lol
Anthony Tolliver is my fav. player

Last edited by zizozain : 08-07-2010 at 06:09 AM.
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
Team_Hollywood
WE DA BESS

Default Re: Tolliver picks Wolves, mocks LeBron with spoof

When is this nonsense going to stop? The hate for LeBron is pathetic, almost sad. You guys realize LeBron doesn't give a shit about any of you right? Is going to be sweet when all the haters are watching LeBron raise that trophy. To all the butt hurt fans/staff/haters: 'Get over it'.

- WE DA BESS
Team_Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
plowking
well DENG

Yeah the decision joke is old and lame now. Dude in fact does not have a sense of humour.

At least Carell was funny about it.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

I thought it was pretty good myself.

Mainly because people are so defensive about it now, rather than the actual spoof. The butthurt trolls anyway who rush to their King's defence.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
AJ2k8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer

Mainly because people are so defensive about it now, rather than the actual spoof. The butthurt trolls anyway who rush to their King's defence.

This
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Look at fa*got all over LeBorn's nuts like that. F*ck out of here b*tch. - Team Hollywood

Thanks for the neg rep *****. You try too hard kid. Sort your life out.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:

this
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Notice the two heat fans got mad about it
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
PurpleChuck
Banned

Pretty witty of him.I don't like the deadpan-ish rendition, but love the poking fun. Nice find.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
bagelred
Weird

Good idea. Poor execution.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #11
PurpleChuck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

Agree. Take my service?!?...
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'm with ya. Though, I did like the campy howling wolf sound effect.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Hollywood
When is this nonsense going to stop? The hate for LeBron is pathetic, almost sad. You guys realize LeBron doesn't give a shit about any of you right? Is going to be sweet when all the haters are watching LeBron raise that trophy. To all the butt hurt fans/staff/haters: 'Get over it'.

- WE DA BESS

when are you going to realize that LEBRON JAMES is NEVER GOING TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP, no matter what team he is on, when this contract expires in 6 years, LeBron is going to join the Celtics like SHAQ as a role player off the bench for one last chance to win a championship

Kobe Bryant>>>>>>>LeBron James
Dwight Howard>> LeBron James
Kevin Durant>>> Lebron James

as long as these guys play in the NBA, LeBron aint winning sh!t, and niether will his teammates, whoever they are

LeBron James = Joe Johnson
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #14
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Notice the two heat fans got mad about it

I'll guess I'm one of the two you're talking about?

Can you point out which bit was funny exactly? I really didn't see anything that made me even crack a smile.

But yeah, my post reeks of fury, right?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #15
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

TROLLS? REALLY? Did you just call people who are fed up up with the haters trolls? If we're trolls, what are you guys then? He just changed teams and didn't kill anybody..Get over it.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: