Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Baylor Bears on the Rise

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab-261324

Chalk me down as part of the Baylor bandwagon.. what Drew and his crew have been able to do as a program after the whole Baylor incident with the NCAA is incredible. The article also mentions that in addition to Isiah Austin (the number 2 prospect of 2012), they're garnering consideration from many other top prospects.

Can anyone describe Austin's game to me, from the sounds of the article, he sounds like another soft, shooting big man...
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Baylor Bears on the Rise

Ye$ Baylor Men'$ Ba$ketball i$ certainly on the ri$e. . .
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Ye$ Baylor Men'$ Ba$ketball i$ certainly on the ri$e. . .
This.

Its good to see a basketball program put their money where their mouth is.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

I know we've talked a lot about cheating the last week or so......so a thread about Baylor fits right in.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 08-11-2010 at 07:07 PM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
I know we've talked a lot about cheating the last week or so......so a thread about Baylor fits right in.

zing.

i'm not familiar with happened at baylor, could someone inform me?

also, wasn't drew hired post scandal? if so, his new regime and what he's done is pretty damn impressive. Perry Jones is going to kill this year. First team all Big 12. Book it.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
zing.

also, wasn't drew hired post scandal? if so, his new regime and what he's done is pretty damn impressive. Perry Jones is going to kill this year. First team all Big 12. Book it.
They pay for players.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
zing.

They're locking down Texas for various reasons. Same concerns with what people alleged goes on with Caliparri, there are some benefactors who are getting money to players. The same is going on with their Womens basketball program too.

They hired John Wall's AAU Coach to get him, hes left since then. They've hired Jerome Tang, a HS coach with a lot of connections who is banned from the prep ranks after scandals came out with his program.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
zing.

Yes he was hired after Dave Bliss tried to cover up one of his players covered up a murder. That was a massive scandal. Drew's more your garden-variety, purchase-high-school-basketball-players type. The Mount Rushmore of current cheaters among college coaches would be Scott Drew, John Calipari (duh), Rick Stansbury and...well, I'd have to think about the last one. Everyone would shout me down as being some sort of bitter fan (I'm not) if I nominated Bill Self, even though he'd certainly be a candidate.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yes he was hired after Dave Bliss tried to cover up one of his players covered up a murder. That was a massive scandal. Drew's more your garden-variety, purchase-high-school-basketball-players type. The Mount Rushmore of current cheaters among college coaches would be Scott Drew, John Calipari (duh), Rick Stansbury and...well, I'd have to think about the last one. Everyone would shout me down as being some sort of bitter fan (I'm not) if I nominated Bill Self, even though he'd certainly be a candidate.

I'll say it then.

BILL SELF IS A KNOWN CHEATER!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
AxionJaxion
Semper Primus

AxionJaxion has an OK reputation so far

Dave Bliss is the biggest piece of trash to ever coach an NCAA basketball team.

Scott Drew's not far behind. Ask any B12 coach.
AxionJaxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

How could I forget about Jimmy C-Note?
Old 08-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxionJaxion
Dave Bliss is the biggest piece of trash to ever coach an NCAA basketball team.

Scott Drew's not far behind. Ask any B12 coach.
Paying for guys is one thing. What Bliss did is a disgusting act that should have landed him in jail. They aren't comparable.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Ya, and it makes me sick. Waco is one of the worst cities in the world. They have to be paying for these players.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #14
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe Baylor will outbid UK for that guy out of Chicago.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Bruce Pearl should be the center piece around which the monument is constructed.

I know, I know...not every slimeball is a cheater, and not every cheater is a slimeball. So maybe Pearl's more slimeball than cheater. But I can live with it.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: