Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
kingkeno
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kingkeno has an OK reputation so far
Default need help. video inside.

Hello everybody.

I have just recently got really into playing basketball. I used to play when i was younger but only like and1 king of things. Anyways, i would like to work on my jumpshooting and my post game. I really feel i need to work on something but i dont know what exactly. I feel like i put the ball behind my head too much when i shoot. Could you please watch these videos (its only two, 5 min) and tell me exactly what do you see that i should do work on, improve, good, bad, whatever. Please be brutally honest. I would like to be a little better when i go back to germany. Thank you.

I apologize for the quality of the videos and for playing so lazy. I recorded these in the middle of the day while i was fasting. I know its crazy but whatever, i was bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SodV7eH764M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLCxKLowyEI
kingkeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: need help. video inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkeno
Hello everybody.

I have just recently got really into playing basketball. I used to play when i was younger but only like and1 king of things. Anyways, i would like to work on my jumpshooting and my post game. I really feel i need to work on something but i dont know what exactly. I feel like i put the ball behind my head too much when i shoot. Could you please watch these videos (its only two, 5 min) and tell me exactly what do you see that i should do work on, improve, good, bad, whatever. Please be brutally honest. I would like to be a little better when i go back to germany. Thank you.

I apologize for the quality of the videos and for playing so lazy. I recorded these in the middle of the day while i was fasting. I know its crazy but whatever, i was bored.

where in germany? ima watch the vid right now
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

you sure you just started?lol not brain washed or anythin?

I finally learned the between the legs move at age 13 when I was trying to practice it all year.

your jumpshot is a little bit off IMO practice it,, dont try to immitate anyone's jumper in the NBA it will screw you up like it screwed me a few years back lol *ray allen*

I practiced his shot form because his shot angle is really straight .

But I do recommend to copy moves of nba players or if you have a game like 2k10 , you can copy there cross-overs.

Let me see you play against with an opponent , we can judge and suggest better..

right now all I see is shooting , give us more...
Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Kobe8
Banned

and play on a standard sized goal
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice elevation on your jump shot but don't pull your palm back so much. Try working on different post moves and when you get good at them make sure you practice at game speed.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

your form isn't too bad, but elevate a bit more on your jump shot and release the ball at the peak of your jump rather than on the way up
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
kingkeno
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kingkeno has an OK reputation so far

Sorry, i dont mean i literally started playing. I mean i never took basketball serious, it was just for fun, doing cool moves and things of that sort. Thanks for all the replies, what i have gotten so far is...

1. Watch some moves from NBA 2k10 and practice them.

2. More elevation on shot.

3. Release at apex of shot.

4. Practice at game speed.

Anything else? Thanks in advance.

And for the guy asking about germany. Attendorn in helden.
kingkeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

I like how you take really big steps on your fade aways (and in your game in general)... That's good for creating space. I like your shot. It's a bit unorthodox but it's a nice high release.

But yea go game speed if you can and I noticed that you weren't using your left. Make sure you have that left hand up to par. Watch your footwork, you traveled a few times.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkeno
Hello everybody.

you're muslim? u guys only fast during daytime right? as soon as it's night you guys fest, from what an old muslim friend told me.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
Kobe8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I like how you take really big steps on your fade aways (and in your game in general)... That's good for creating space. I like your shot. It's a bit unorthodox but it's a nice high release.

But yea go game speed if you can and I noticed that you weren't using your left. Make sure you have that left hand up to par. Watch your footwork, you
traveled a few times.

yeah I noticed that too , what I like about him is he takes big steps when drivin in the lane. I'm having problems by not doin that.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

your jumpshot looks fine to me.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Strengthen your grip on the ball, you would get stripped holding it like that.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
your jumpshot looks fine to me.

Yep, very solid.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #14
stridge
Decent playground baller

stridge is a pretty well-respected posterstridge is a pretty well-respected posterstridge is a pretty well-respected poster

my jumpshot and range got better when I started to bring the ball back more like you do. I don't think it's a problem if you can get it off quick enough.
stridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #15
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

i think your shot looks fine. i would try to play on a 10 ft hoop and have it on a level surface
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: