Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Sixers notes and interviews after rocking the Bulls

POSTGAME QUOTES
Chicago Bulls 108 @ Philadelphia 76ers 123
November 24, 2006
Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia 76ers Head Coach Maurice Cheeks

On the game tonight...
"I thought our game was the result of us getting out to a big start. That's something we've been concentrating on, getting out to a big start. Our defense was good early. Our offense was even better in pushing the basketball, trying to get to the rim. We shot 34-for-40 from the foul line. We've been making a conscious effort, trying to get out and start the game and then finish the game. In the games that we've played like the Milwaukee game we started out strong but our finish wasn't as good. Now we've made a conscious effort of getting out on the defensive end, getting some stops, pushing the ball up the floor, and just trying to play and share the basketball a little bit more. I thought that was one of the keys to our game is on the defensive end early and just letting the game come to us a little bit, not rushing a lot of shots but more importantly trying to get out a good start."

On Allen coming back after missing two games...
"In shoot around today he didn't look like himself and then to come out and play the way he played tonight is phenomenal. Not many guys can step out on the floor after missing games and walk out on the floor and do what he did: 15-for-30, 10 assists. Not many guys can do that."

On what the Sixers must do to close out games...
"Well obviously we have to get better in closing out games. One of the things we've been talking about is getting our games started early on the defensive end and we are still working on it. It's not like everything will turn over over night we are still working on our defense trying to sure things up. I thought Alan Henderson was a big key to that tonight."

Philadelphia 76ers Guard Allen Iverson
On coming back so strong...
"My teammates have asked me that my whole career. I just think that being in shape has a lot to do with it and playing the game for so many years. I'm just used to it. I don't play a lot over the summer until the last month and I get right back into a rhythm easy. I guess that's the same thing with being injured or having some time off. I'm just able to come back and play well. I think it's just being anxious to get back on the court after you sit out and you have to watch - it's kind of frustrating. You're just ready to go once you get the opportunity."

On the after effects of Iverson's oral surgery ...
"This thing still kills me. I didn't take any painkillers before the game because I was scared that it was going to make me drowsy so I just had to deal with the pain. I can't wait to take some before I leave."

On Iverson's teammates playing well ...
"Honestly, my teammates have been getting themselves involved - just being aggressive. When I penetrate and make a pass to them, they're just hitting shots. Guys are just playing in a good offensive rhythm now. We have three or four guys carrying the scoring load and that makes it so much easier on myself because you can't leave those guys and those guys are threats - making plays when they get the opportunity. If we play like that, we're going to be tough to beat."

On finishing the game well as a team...
"Just playing the game all the way through. They made their run - that's what I felt good about most. I felt good about us jumping on them and them. coming back because we were able to withstand it. We kept playing basketball; we took their blow, and kept going. We just finished all the way through.

Philadelphia 76ers Forward Kyle Korver
On the game tonight...
"I thought that we played really hard and for the most part we played very well. The loss the other night was really hard to swallow and we needed to come back out here and get a win."

On Allen Iverson's performance tonight...
"It is unbelievable. He sat out for four or five days, had a bunch of turkey yesterday, hasn't done anything. He comes up to shoot for the game, shoots for ten minutes and then he comes out and scores 46 points, has 10 assists, five rebounds, two steals and one block in 45 minutes."

On looking to the future ...
"We have to get back on track. We can't be too satisfied with this one win. In the past sometimes we would get too high and too low; we need to stay steady and keep doing what we have to do."

Philadelphia 76ers Forward/Center Alan Henderson
On Allen Iverson's performance tonight ...
"I remember when I was down after my wisdom teeth, I know it took me a few days to get back to getting around. To come back and play like he played and to lead us to a win, that's incredible."

On the win tonight...
"I think every win is a good win. Throughout the season you really want a good record. We felt like this was a game that we needed to get because Chicago has been struggling and we have been struggling."

Chicago Bulls Head Coach Scott Skiles
On tonight's game...
"All you have to do is look at some of the numbers, it's a formula for disaster for us. The high shooting percentage by them, free throws, our following, our turnovers...just a lot of things we couldn't overcome. "

On the team's intensity...
"The first couple of minutes I didn't think we were that bad. They hit a couple of shots early. Almost right after that we kind of lost it. I guess we got discouraged. We just had great difficulty once again getting any stops or doing anything productive on the defensive end. We had a pretty good offensive game. We shot the ball well and moved the ball. We just couldn't stop them (Sixers)."

On Allen Iverson's performance tonight...
"He's very difficult to stop. He's a hall of fame caliber player. He draws contact and sucker guys into making the call; he's very good at that. He did that several times tonight. We tried to go zone and didn't have any luck with that. We just couldn't stop him. We did a relatively good job on him in the past, but tonight he got away from us."

Chicago Bulls Guard Ben Gordon
On tonight's game...
"Every game we come out optimistic, but it's not showing in our play. We have to start on the defensive end. You can't just expect to outscore guys."

On the team's defensive struggle...
"That's how we won games and that's what we've been doing for the past two seasons and we haven't been able to do that so far this year. If we don't do that then this kind of erratic play can't go on. We have to change our whole mindset and focus on the defensive end."

Chicago Bulls Center Ben Wallace
On his performance tonight...
"The rebounds were zero and there's no explanation. I don't need an explanation. If I knew the answer I'd be doing something to try and change it. Anytime you lose it's rough especially when you go on a losing streak like we are, sliding a little bit. All we have to do is stay focused and hope things change our way."
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

yeah, u can read this on the sixers site, i do after every game
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: