Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 12-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Iverson to the Kings?

This thread is for all the reasons the Kings should trade for one of the greatest guards in the history of the NBA, Allen Iverson, and for the reasons not to.

Since our arguements for or against are scattered throughout game threads and mo - taylor threads, we should organize them here.

Potentials trades should go here too.

I present the first potential trade:

Bibby** ($12.5 mill), Douby ($1.2 mill), Garcia ($1 mil) Williamson* ($6.5 mill), and Potapenko* ($3.7 mill)

for

Iverson ($17 mill), Williams ($1 mill) and Dalembert ($9 mill)

*Expiring Contract
**Player Option

Sacramento: It makes sense for Sacramento because first and foremost, the current team is not working. Bibby and Artest still have not learned to play off one another. The team lacks strong leadership from either player. They struggle on offense without a real go to guy.

Iverson would dominate the ball a lot more; however, he would have the oportunity to play with talented players around him. He could get the looks he wants easier with the defenses having to guard Martin and Artest.

Dalembert would fortify the Kings post defense. He would be the shotblocker that would make the kings one of the league's top defensive teams. Imagine how much two of the league leaders in steals would benefit from having a shotblocker behind them and each other for help defense.

If they developed any chemistry at all, the Kings would be at contender status with one of the best rosters in the league. They would have a legit offensive squad with Iverson along with Martin as a shooter, Artest as a driver/postup guy, Miller in the high post, and SAR down low. They would have one of the best defenses in the league with Iverson and Artest both being among the top of the steal leaders, along with Kevin Martin--an underrated defender, Price & Salmons as two high energy bench guys who could be called upon and Dalembert as a shot blocking presence.

Philadelphia: The trade makes sense for Phili because they get a top quality point guard back in Bibby. Bibby and Webber already play well together and Bibby would be able to continue to set up guys like Korver through his drive and dish game. Bibby is notorious for throwing up alley oops and his new teammate, Igoudala, would not mind throwing a few down.

The expiring contracts of Williamson and Potapenko total to about $10 mill; however, since Phili is paying the luxury tax that gets the owners out of paying $20 mill. Since the sixers would have to go into a rebuilding phase, they would benefit from expirers this year and with Webber expiring the year after, they would have cap room to start anew with nice pieces like Korver and Igoudala.

The Sixers would get talent that could help now like Williamson and Bibby; however, they would also get intriguing younger guys like Douby and Garcia. Garcia has already proved that he belongs in the league and he has potential to develop into something. Douby is an unproven rookie who showed promise in summer league and could be worth waiting on.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:16 AM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

think about that...Bibby and Webber re-united. korver like another peja...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:13 AM   #3
Serge
Great young streetballer

Williams ($1 mill) and Dalembert ($9 mill)

They are not going to be traded unless the deal is crazy good. Sammy will probably stay then if we lend Oden some how we might trade him.

And just to let you know you guys still would not be past the 2nd round with that roster as much as I like to see a AI/Artest combo kinda. Dallas, Spurs, Suns, and even the Clippers/Denver are all better man.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:06 AM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

I'd rather have Hunter and his smaller contract over Dalembert. (6+ year deal)
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
I'd rather have Hunter and his smaller contract over Dalembert. (6+ year deal)
I was under the impression that Phili thought they had over paid dalembert and wanted to move him.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Great points Big Boi but here is my take on your views

1. the sixers are not (I REPEAT) will not trade two of their top youngsters along with iverson in a deal that gives them Cisco and douby(who hasnt played any games yet).

2. the sixers are too high on dalembert and really they see him as their franchise player along with Iggy (next shaq and kobe in years to come)??? but how gr8 would it be to aquire Ivey along with Dalembert (another 7'footer) who Ivey loves to play with .

3. We wouldnt need ollie in this trade either williams we have jason hart (who imo is a much better player than the both of them) instead we'd probably go after alan henderson, who is a gr8 locker room guy. and his contract expirers this year also

4. my trade would be bibby cisco douby Mo taylor Pot and Big nasty 2nd rounder for iverson alan henderson dalembert willie green

5. if i'm sacramento front office i would not let some other team beat us in this deal because the KG deal is surely dead now they are winning games. and i've always been talkin about this huge break we need... also it hurts so much that we have only been contenders for one year and from then we have jus been making the playoffs and thats it. We never had a international star on our team who the whole world knows. We need this trade to happen!!!
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
Buck
I airball my layups

Default Iverson not wanted here

I don't want to trade anyone for AI. (And I don't believe G. Petrie is burning the midnight oil trying to figure out a viable trade.) If it were left up to Iverson, he would be staying in Philly--The Sixers no longer want him around and you can rest assured that there will be no bidding war to obtain his services. Yes, he will go somewhere--maybe to a team like the Celtics with an incompetent GM, Danny Ainge.

AI has been a controversial figure since he was a pre-teenager. He is a good teammate and fans like him but he's difficult to coach--hates practices. Larry Brown said, "Allen has uttered the word PRACTICE in this short press conference more times than he has attended practices."

On the court, he takes over 20 shots per game and makes about 40% 0f them. In the relatively weak Eastern Conference, one would think Philly would have more than five wins. Lack of teamwork could be one of the reasons.
Iverson will be 32 on his next BD and I figure he is beyone his prime years. His contract calls for $18 Mil this season, $20 Mil. next year and $22 Mil in '08 - '09.

I would rather forego immediate gratification and try to rebuild primarily with young players through free agency and the draft. Rather than parting with any of our expiring contracts and younger, cheaper players; why not try to trade Bibby for a draft pick and an expiring contract.

It's all a matter of wanting to be an improved team for a couple of years or AN ELITE TEAM FOR A DEDADE OR LONGER.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

buck i feel ya pain but!! it Ivey were talking about here!!! GEES ivey can help us out bro the only thing i'm scared about is the freethrow shooting will drop tremendously and we all kno when having iverson on a team some games will go down the line and we def. dnt want the ball in artest's hand neither iverson's hands if the other team is in the penality and we have to shoot free throws .... but!! in other news

i hear this on the radio and this is wat he had to say

DAVID ALDRIDGE!!!! was on a sports radio station and talking about the kings all of a sudden are in heated talks with the 6ers about aquiring the elite PG in allen iverson ....then he went on in saying that a deal could very well go off soon! later on in december and or early january. he also talked about a 3 way trade with indy kings and 6ers where on the table but he believes that wont go down at all.....players mentioned in that trade that caught his attention was bibby jef foster hunter iverson kenny thomas steven jackson. He also said that some other players were involved jus for salary wise to make it work.....When the host asked him if he could place them inorder to who is going where Aldridge laughed and said he cant...and besides its a 65%chance it isnt going to happen.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

So what if we switched dalembert for hunter? Would you still do it?
Old 12-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
So what if we switched dalembert for hunter? Would you still do it?
of course!! i rather hunter because he knows his role better and is cheaper and imo does a much better job and shows more effort than Dalembert BUT!!! either one i still would pull the trigger on that trade!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #11
Targus™
Good college starter

well let's not forget what we'd be trading either, Mike Bibby is a top-quality point gaurd who should be averaging around 23 or 24 ppg if it wasn't for a bad wrist injury. and if ron artest thinks he's not getting enough touches with Mike Bibby running the point....what's he gonna think with A.I.?
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
well let's not forget what we'd be trading either, Mike Bibby is a top-quality point gaurd who should be averaging around 23 or 24 ppg if it wasn't for a bad wrist injury. and if ron artest thinks he's not getting enough touches with Mike Bibby running the point....what's he gonna think with A.I.?
But the difficulty with which bibby gets those 23 or 24 ppg is a lot higher than the difficulty that AI could score the same amount.

Bibby is at his best averagin 15-20 ppg and playing off of a post player like Webber; however, the Kings use him as a scoring guard who needs to score around 25ppg for the Kings to win. That explains his low fg%.

Iverson could easily score in the 25 ppg range and dish 10 apg. He would demand the defense's attention which would open up guys like Artest and Martin (however, in a new rumor he is getting traded).

The new rumor from ric bucher is:

Philly sends:
Ivy
Iggy
Dalembert

Sac sends:
Bibby
Kelvin Martin
Brad Miller
V.Potapenko

Sac's 1st rounder 2007
Old 12-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #13
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

bbb

thanks for the invite to comment on ai and kings

first off-- i havent thought much about ai and all the speculation but since you asked...

i like the kings as they are. last year they were just as good as the spurs in the playoffs-- except for a few bad breaks. i always thought that if you guys keep your team intact, you would be great in the playoffs. but there seems to be some dissatisfaction with what has happened thusfar in the season and they are clicking the way they were last year. you guys should be better than 8-10...

if i am philly, if i trade allen, it is all about rebuilding.

wouldnt take bibby with his $12mil contract. i'd prefer to go after your teams youngest most promising players

in a straight up 2 team trade, i would go after kmart, garcia, salmons, and artest. i think that gets within 15% of ai's $14.6 mil salary.

just my humble, uninformed opinion. trade speculation isnt my strongest hoops quality

if i were sac, i wouldnt trade my future for ai. i dont think he is the man to put you over the top. although it would be a fun ride to have him on your team...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #14
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

was just about to post this bbb thx for the heads up!!!!...... i'm all over that trade too!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is a restriction on guys who were signed to a new deal this summer. They can't be traded until after dec 15 or a certain amount of time after they signed their deal, whichever comes last.

So expect a deal until after then
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: