Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Default WWE '12 The Video Game

"For years WWE SmackDown vs. Raw has been the Sports Entertainment simulation series from THQ and Yuke's Yokohama. It's been a fun ride, but as with any franchise, fans have complained about annual aspects over and over again. Turns out the developers were listening, killed the series, and are planning on fixing things with WWE '12".

Two page Article Down Below on this new Game and the Trailer (Images and more in the link Below)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171529p1.html

They are changing almost everything in this game. Thats something that has me interested. The last Wrestling game I got was SvR2009 and thats because every year its the same. This new game is gonna be different in what seems like in a good way.

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 11-20-2011 at 05:04 PM.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Default Re: WWE '12 The Video Game

I'm actually looking forward to this. I buy the game every year ('cept 2010) not because I still follow, but I enjoy simple, beat 'em up games with CAW features. Sounds promising.

On a side note, anybody miss Here Comes The Pain?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I miss No Mercy 64, and the playstation smackdowns

but I have to admit that game looks better than SVR
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Bring back GM mode!!!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

This looks interesting. I haven't owned a WWE game in quite some time, so maybe this will be a fun change from the stale SVR series.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
D12"Magic"
College superstar

IGN Gave this a 9/10 which is great.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

I played it at my friends house earlier today (only a little bit). It's back to button control which is great. I'm kind of programmed on S vs. R (ive got like the last 3 games) so it felt a little off for me but i could see where it was going. (Reminds me of when i played NHL this year, the first one i ever played with stick control, it felt off but you could see once you got used to it it would be awesome). The graphics are not better, but different, and its cuts more and looks more like a WWE TV presentation. The animation is also smoother too, again it flows more like TV as opposed to the last game which seemed strange sometimes when a new animation woudl start.

im going to definitely pick it up soon.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
Maniak
TJ Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
IGN Gave this a 9/10 which is great.
Its hard to take IGN's ratings seriously.

I might rent it or something and see if I like it. I usually can enjoy wrestling games.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

gameplay looks the same as svr lol

will try it out though
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #10
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Will be playing this weekend. Hearing some bad things about the online reporting thing, like sore losers can report you and you get banned.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
D12"Magic"
College superstar

I have never seen such a wide range reviews for this game, some site gave this a 5/5 while another gave it 5/10 and etc.

Also the game-play is definitely different then the past series, not dramatically but more noticeably in a good way.

I like this, this game is the best one since HCTP IMO. Have not touched online as the patch is literally taking 2 hour to download even though my connection is at 95%.

The games feel much dated as possible and the game-play is fluid. Graphics are not breathtaking, but they are still good.
Each superstar has their own move sets and style's and rarely acted the same.
Universe mode is a plus, not really into RTWM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
I have never seen such a wide range reviews for this game, some site gave this a 5/5 while another gave it 5/10 and etc.

Also the game-play is definitely different then the past series, not dramatically but more noticeably in a good way.

I like this, this game is the best one since HCTP IMO. Have not touched online as the patch is literally taking 2 hour to download even though my connection is at 95%.

The games feel much dated as possible and the game-play is fluid. Graphics are not breathtaking, but they are still good.
Each superstar has their own move sets and style's and rarely acted the same.
Universe mode is a plus, not really into RTWM.

People are really whiny on the learning curve. It's like a sports game, until you learn how to play you lose a lot. I like it. I think the new controls are fun, although it really needs a tutorial. What i did was plug a 2nd controller in so i had a non moving opponent and used that to learn the controls.

Have to get the DLC so you can get the instant unlockables. Otherwise you have to play throuhg RTWM which sucks. That mode is so blah...

The controls really shine against a human opponent, it gives the matches this fun flow. FInisher, NO A KICKOUT! ANOTHER FINISHER ANOTHER KICKOUT! OH, COMEBACK BY THE OPPONENT. You also can interupt moves so if you play something like a ladder match with 3 people, it's hilarious.

If you are someone who gets the game every year its jarring, because it suddely got harder and the controls changed. Once you get past that, it's very fun. I'm glad i got it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
People are really whiny on the learning curve. It's like a sports game, until you learn how to play you lose a lot. I like it. I think the new controls are fun, although it really needs a tutorial. What i did was plug a 2nd controller in so i had a non moving opponent and used that to learn the controls.

Have to get the DLC so you can get the instant unlockables. Otherwise you have to play throuhg RTWM which sucks. That mode is so blah...

The controls really shine against a human opponent, it gives the matches this fun flow. FInisher, NO A KICKOUT! ANOTHER FINISHER ANOTHER KICKOUT! OH, COMEBACK BY THE OPPONENT. You also can interupt moves so if you play something like a ladder match with 3 people, it's hilarious.

If you are someone who gets the game every year its jarring, because it suddely got harder and the controls changed. Once you get past that, it's very fun. I'm glad i got it.
Did not get the last 2 games, so this is very refreshing. Its great that you can change the color of everyone's attire's. Also the community creations are good, just downloaded a Created Jericho and Hunico, closest to them.

Not a fan of RTWM, but Universe should have me going.
Im not a fan of the new Kick out a pin thing, usually if you get hit with a finisher you have 1 shot to match the bar if not our f*cked . I prefer the button mashing thing, but i guess I have to get used to it.

I really hope they support this game with a bunch of DLC and not just stop after the first 2 months like usually.

Also they should increase the amount of people you can have in a match. For example in the rumble you should be able to have 8 wrestlers in the ring instead of just 6 since the hud is gone anyway.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: