Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Draft 2011

I got alot of ideas when it comes to this upcoming draft, but haven't had the time to post it on here. Figured we'd start a thread specifically for the draft. Everybody feel free to come on here and mention particular players they'd like for our Bulls to target. After mentioning players name please give us some info on him and then a description on why you think he'd fit in well with our Bulls.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Draft 2011

What draft slots do we have?
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
What draft slots do we have?

I think we'll have the 28th and the 30th picks in the draft.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I think we'll have the 28th and the 30th picks in the draft.

And the 44th.

My first "want" out of the draft is to trade any and all picks to move up to get Alec Burks. Wouldn't mind if we had to include Bogans or Korver to get their either, but I don't see it happening.

Marshon Brooks or Jordan Hamilton would both be good fits for us. Both might not be available at 28 or 30 though.

Brooks who just a couple weeks ago was a 2nd rounder, and has pretty much stapled a first round lock to his name, and could even be mid rounder.

Hamilton could be lotto to mid rounder.

Shelvin Mack is also a guy I want Chicago picking. Similar to a Ben Gordon, just a better ball handler IMO. Undersized to play the 2, but strong enough to guard some of the lesser 2 guards in the league. Dude's a bulldog, he'd be a great backup PG for us and would buy into our system from day 1.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
And the 44th.

My first "want" out of the draft is to trade any and all picks to move up to get Alec Burks. Wouldn't mind if we had to include Bogans or Korver to get their either, but I don't see it happening.

Marshon Brooks or Jordan Hamilton would both be good fits for us. Both might not be available at 28 or 30 though.

Brooks who just a couple weeks ago was a 2nd rounder, and has pretty much stapled a first round lock to his name, and could even be mid rounder.

Hamilton could be lotto to mid rounder.

Shelvin Mack is also a guy I want Chicago picking. Similar to a Ben Gordon, just a better ball handler IMO. Undersized to play the 2, but strong enough to guard some of the lesser 2 guards in the league. Dude's a bulldog, he'd be a great backup PG for us and would buy into our system from day 1.

Alec Burks is probably the best 2 guard but he can't shoot and is not a good defender.

I'm also intrigued by Marshon Brooks. I think he would be ideal.

I don't think we should trade our picks. I think there are some 2 guards that people are sleeping on.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really really really want Tyler Honeycutt.

Kenneth Faried also wouldn't be a bad big to have in case Kurt retires.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 AM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

We need to pull of a miracle for a good SG that's all I know.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

Lackluster draft, package the picks for a new washing machine for the locker room like how Flint Tropics Gm/PF Jackie Moon did.
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

There has been rumors circling around that we are looking to package both the picks in order to get one better pick. If we're attempting to do that I'm sure it's to target one of the betting SG's in the draft. Because if we sit at 28and 30 we won't be able to get a shooting guard that will help any.

If we're able to move up then we're looking at Alec Burks, Jordan Hamilton, Klay Thompson, and Marshon Brooks.

Alec Burks is projected to go around 10th.
Jordan Hamilton 20th.
Klay Thompson 15th.
Marshon Brooks 19th.

We all know the draft projections aren't always particularly accurate but I feel as if we have to move to atleast the 20th pick to grab one of these guys.

I think Burks, Hamilton, and Brooks have been pretty well documented, but Thompson has been somewhat overlooked amongst us Bulls fans when we're talking about possible picks. He's a great shooter, has great size for sg and is smart player who would do well in our system.

I'd be happy with any one of these four guys.

If we don't end up being able to get one of these and keep the 28th and 30th pick then I think we should forget about the SG spot all together when it comes to the draft and just get our SG thru Free Agency (which I think we need to do anyway). I want us to get our starting SG thru free agency but stil pick up one of these guys if we're able to get a better pick as the backup and SG of the future.

If we keep our current picks then I think we should go after a PG, a SF and a Big.

Guys in these positions that I like are: Kenneth Faried, Tyler Honeycutt, Jeremy Tyler, Shelvin Mack, Kyle Singler, Chandler Parsons, Nolan Smith, and Malcolm Lee.

All these guys are players who I think could make the rotation and end up being key players off our bench and add to our great depth.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

This is a pretty weak draft. Trade em for a legit threat.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

http://nbadraft.net/team-needs-central-division-1

Chicago Bulls

Needs: SG

Picks: 28, 30, 43, 60

It’s true that Carlos Boozer’s awful performance in the playoffs left them with no shot of beating the Heat, but their most pressing need was exposed even more. This team needs a better shooting guard, a real running mate for Derrick Rose, if they’re going to win a ring in the next few years, as the reigning MVP simply can’t handle taking 30 shots a night. Keith Bogans and Ronnie Brewer combined to average just 10.6 points per game during the regular season. They may have won 62 games, but they’re nowhere near perfect.

GM Gar Forman will make a hard push for free agent sniper J.R. Smith. If they can’t manage a trade for J.J. Redick, who they were very interested in this past offseason, they should also consider free agent shooting guards Jamal Crawford, Aaron Afflalo, Michael Redd and Jason Richardson, each of whom would be a major upgrade over Bogans. Still, they should consider a wide array of guards with their two late first round picks.

C.J. Watson performed admirably as Rose’s backup, but he probably isn’t the best long-term fit off the bench, meaning they will consider point guards as well. Combo guards Charles Jenkins, Nolan Smith and Reggie Jackson would all be good fits in the backcourt, though they’ll likely have their sights set on Providence sharp shooter Marshon Brooks, the explosive, versatile scorer that they could use off the pine. Georgia Tech’s Iman Shumpert, with his ideal size (6-6/221), extraordinary athleticism (42” vertical) and defensive tenacity (2.7 steals) would also be a great fit.

The guards that I will be watcing for in the draft are E'Twaun Moore, Marshon Brooks, Brad Wanamaker, Iman Shumpert, Malcolm Lee will be the names I will be looking out for on Draft Night.

All are them are big and tall (over 6'3) guards, that can shoot, defend, pass, athletic, and play both guard postions.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
rob30
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rob30 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Whether the Wolves move could depend on what happens at No. 1. With the youngest roster in the league, the Wolves badly need a strong veteran presence on the roster. They could use that second pick as the big chip to get a quality veteran from another team looking to move up in the draft.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6623930

what do you guys think if the bulls traded boozer and 1 or both 1st round picks(maybe add asik if they need to) for the t-wolves #2 pick and draft d. williams from arizona? that gives the bulls the post player they haven't had in a long time and a perfect compliment to d. rose, then they can sign the sg they need like j-rich, crawford, j.r. smith etc.

i'm allowed to dream right? but what would you guys think if that happened?

starting 5:

pg rose
sg j. rich/crawford/j.r. smith
sf deng
pf williams
c noah
rob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6623930

what do you guys think if the bulls traded boozer and 1 or both 1st round picks(maybe add asik if they need to) for the t-wolves #2 pick and draft d. williams from arizona? that gives the bulls the post player they haven't had in a long time and a perfect compliment to d. rose, then they can sign the sg they need like j-rich, crawford, j.r. smith etc.

i'm allowed to dream right? but what would you guys think if that happened?

starting 5:

pg rose
sg j. rich/crawford/j.r. smith
sf deng
pf williams
c noah

Im aware that some sites are listing Williams as a PF and that he is 6-9 but I really think he is more of a SF than natural PF. He lurks from the perimeter, either take a shot from there or attacks hard pretty much like a Paul Pierce.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #14
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Im aware that some sites are listing Williams as a PF and that he is 6-9 but I really think he is more of a SF than natural PF. He lurks from the perimeter, either take a shot from there or attacks hard pretty much like a Paul Pierce.

I agree with you. I also see Williams as being a SF.

I also don't see the Timberwolves trading the #2 pick for Carlos Boozer.

If the TWolves want a veteran player or two and want to make a trade with the Bulls we can trade them Bogans and Watson for Ellington and Ridnour.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #15
rob30
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rob30 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
He's listed at 241 lbs. dirk nowitzki is 243 lbs. Even though he's 7 foot And blake griffin is 250 lbs. D.williams will be a PF like those guys, with his offensive abilities and ability to shoot from 3 point land, he will be a star in the nba. He would be the perfect compliment to derek rose, just give him the ball in space and watch him kill the slow PF's out there like boozer lol!
rob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: